What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Dude this is a contractual agreement between manufacturers and Saudi. And off course, Trump ordered US Army train Saudis. $110B at stake. This is more than just MIM Patriot. Saudi Arabia is the largest weapon buyer of America.

https://www.defense.gov/explore/sto...ends-additional-capabilities-to-saudi-arabia/

China will decommission all HQ-7 from Naval fleet. HQ-7 will remain as an export product. HQ-7 is no longer effective against modern supersonic cruise missile. HQ-7 can shoot down helicopters and UAV. HQ-7 is useless against any modern EW. Basically, Bangladesh has no meaningful air defense Systems.
If Pakistan supply Turkish EW with JF-17 then Myanmar Air Force will freely be flying over Bangladesh, dropping bombs and peacefully going home.
If Pakistan ever integrate SOM with JF-17 then it will ended up Myanmar's hand. Bangladesh is screwed big time.
https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2019/10/02/roketsan-som-cruise-missile/

Bangladeshi military leaders are pathetic, self-centered, corrupt who are interested in commercial projects and fill their pockets. I still don't understand why would a military buy hundreds of millions of dollars of construction equipment but can't afford to buy air defense Systems or fighter jets.

Look Myanmar, Pakistani and Indian Military are also corrupt but they don't screw their country to implement construction projects. Bangladesh Military had a attitude to fill the pockets as soon possible and retire peacefully.
If had seen one of these camps in the Middle East, you would find it funny. Niggas spend billions to buy protection... they’re so stupid, they make exceptions for American soldiers and their women to not cover up, heck they can make a sound when these women sunbathe with bikini or in he nude.

as for not being able to buy air defense and fighters... who makes you the expert? Everything is being upgraded step by step

Found interesting photograph here from PT DI sites, Sheikh Hasina with late B.J. Habibie (at the time Indonesia minister of research and excecutive of IPTN)

70209038_1993432984090927_7414991583180750848_n.jpg

Taken during Indonesia Airshow 1996, at the time Bangladesh showing interest toward several of IPTN product like CN235 and CN212 along possibility to procure N250

Apparently a private Bangladeshi company, avion aerospace is going to develop light aircraft of some sort which is going to be the first made in Bangladesh aero plane.
It’s going to be codeveloped with a Chinese company

This is good who knows what its going to be like in 10 years, any chance of indigenously built fighters or Helicopters by 2030?
Probably a very low chance for fighters. Nobody is developing brand new 4th gen fighters anymore so BD would have to develop 5th gen with China but that is pretty much impossible.

Helicopters could work though.

Do you think it will be done in a similar arrangement with Chinese technical help as was done for the ships?

Well i am no military expert but first of all we didn't take Chinese technical help for all ships we built. They are good at producing potent design at cheap price but it's not same when it comes to design an unique aircraft especially helicopter. They still copy or take help from others to design aircraft. So i don't see any great chances but can't deny it totally either because China still lack a heavy attack helicopter and a indigenous new light utility helicopter design. So if we want a cheap option then in future there could be a slim chance. (correct me if i am wrong)

But here's why i don't see any chances, military and local operators use Russian and western helicopter. Mostly Western helicopter i think. We already have MRO plant for Russian Mi series. And we are establishing our own aerospace university and industry in Lalmonirhat where Saudis, Beximco and other companies (probably Bashundhara as they are local partner with Leonardo) interested to invest. So chances for western options are high if the economy stays stable by grace of Allah. This is my silly theory and wet-dream for now. :drag::lol:

Last edited:
Well i am no military expert but first of all we didn't take Chinese technical help for all ships we built. They are good at producing potent design at cheap price but it's not same when it comes design an unique aircraft especially helicopter. They still copy or take help from others to design aircraft. So i don't see any great chances but can't deny it totally either because China still lack a heavy attack helicopter and a indigenous new light utility design. So if in future there could be a slim chance. (correct me if i am wrong)

But here's why i don't see any chances, military and local operators use Russian and western helicopter. Mostly Western helicopter i think. We already have MRO plant for Russian Mi series. And we are establishing our own aerospace university and industry in Lalmonirhat where Saudis, Beximco and other companies (probably Bashundhara as they are local partner with Leonardo) interested to invest. So chances for western options are high if the economy stays stable by grace of Allah. This is my silly theory and wet-dream for now. :drag::lol:

Actually your theory on going into Joint Venture with European helicopters makes more sense to me, to be honest. Since most of our helos are either Russian or European, it makes sense to go that way. I do pray your dream comes true though! The faster we can move towards Western hardware, the better.

And yes you are right, even though China has good fighter jets, they are still not at the same level as Russia/West when it comes to helicopters, which is quite surprising to me.

Probably a very low chance for fighters. Nobody is developing brand new 4th gen fighters anymore so BD would have to develop 5th gen with China but that is pretty much impossible.

Helicopters could work though.
Rather than fighters , I would rather see BD build/ develop a potent missile force ..

Back
Top Bottom