What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Patriot is the lowest tier of American SAM system. and it is one of the best in that category.
I was not talking about Patriot missiles. Any types of missiles that can down MM aircraft are welcome. Someone knowledgeable, please highlight the reliability of various missiles that BAF may be allowed to buy or is in the process of procuring already. I heard about the mobilization of short-range missiles by BAF. But, I do not know how effective these FM-90 missiles are. Now, watch the video on FM-90.

I was not talking about Patriot missiles. Any types of missiles that can down MM aircraft are welcome. Someone knowledgeable, please highlight the reliability of various missiles that BAF may be allowed to buy or is in the process of procuring already. I heard about the mobilization of short-range missiles by BAF. But, I do not know how effective these FM-90 missiles are. Now, watch the video on FM-90.

I’m not sure if these are any good against supersonic targets... would love to learn too

FM90 is never going to down a jet....a helicopter maybe.... a missile possibly....

Its for short range defense as far as I know. Makes sense for BA to buy....why BAF should bother i do not know...

72422235_2472037562844755_8705036678990921728_n.jpg

NEXT BATCH OF K-8W ARE READY | Hongdu Aircraft Corporation, the manufacturer of the K-8W Karakorum has finished the next batch of K-8s on order by Bangladesh Air Force. The aircraft should be joining the fleet soon.

#

@Michael Corleone
@mb444
FM-90s can shoot down supersonic jets at 12km as evident from this data collected from FM-90 brochure. As long as plane is travelling below 6km it is done for.

Entered service 2009 (?)
Crew 3 men
Effective Range
ASM Target 600 m/s
700 - 7,000 m
Cruise Missile Target 300 m/s
700 - 11,000 m
Aircraft Target
700 - 12,000 m
Helicopter Target
700 - 15,000 m
Effective Altitude
ASM Target 600 m/s 30 - 3,000 m
Cruise Missile Target 300 m/s 30 - 6,000 m
Aircraft/Helicopter Target
30 - 6,000 m
Single Shot Pk
≤0.85
Radar System
Maximum Detection Range RCS=0.1 m2
20 km
Maximum Tracking Range RCS=0.1 m2 18 km
Concurrent Target Detection Qty
Concurrent Target Tracking Qty 24
Fire Control Channels
Reaction Time
6.5 to 10.5 sec
Missile Maximum Velocity
930 m/s
Missile Maximum load Factor
35 G

hq_7b_l5.jpg

Radar has a 20km detection range and a 18km tracking range.

This is a full battery of 3 launchers and one radar. This is 12 missiles for engagment.
BAF-2.jpg

Here is a video of firing albeit of a older version of FM-90 called HQ-7.
Skipped to part near firing but may need to skip ahead.
Also, wasn't this the planned air defenses of Bangladesh?
main-qimg-7e004892ca76740c9e9d86493bc95baa-c

These are all very capable missiles, I highlighted some of these on my Bangladesh layered air defense concept before.

Last edited:
@Michael Corleone
@mb444
FM-90s can shoot down supersonic jets at 12km as evident from this data collected from FM-90 brochure. As long as plane is travelling below 6km it is done for.

Entered service 2009 (?)
Crew 3 men
Effective Range
ASM Target 600 m/s
700 - 7,000 m
700 - 11,000 m
Aircraft Target
700 - 12,000 m
Helicopter Target
700 - 15,000 m
Effective Altitude
30 - 6,000 m
Single Shot Pk
≤0.85
Radar System
20 km
Fire Control Channels
Reaction Time
6.5 to 10.5 sec
Missile Maximum Velocity
930 m/s
35 G

hq_7b_l5.jpg

This is a full battery of 3 launchers and one radar. This is 12 missiles for engagment.
BAF-2.jpg

These are all very capable missiles, I highlighted some of these on my Bangladesh layered air defense concept before.
Well the AA guns you see on the last pics have been inducted. So were the fn16 and fm90
I guess medium to long range are still in the cards... not sure if they were ordered or not

Can someone tell me why aren’t the attrition lost jet trainers not replaced with new orders? Curious

@Michael Corleone
@mb444

Entered service 2009 (?)
Crew 3 men
Effective Range
ASM Target 600 m/s
700 - 7,000 m
700 - 11,000 m
Aircraft Target
700 - 12,000 m
Helicopter Target
700 - 15,000 m
Effective Altitude
30 - 6,000 m
Single Shot Pk
≤0.85
Radar System
20 km
Fire Control Channels
Reaction Time
6.5 to 10.5 sec
Missile Maximum Velocity
930 m/s
35 G

hq_7b_l5.jpg

BAF-2.jpg

My issue was why BAF wants it..... protective measures for installations?

Patriot is shit anyways
You misunderstood again. Saudi doesn't have layered defense that was the cause of the failure. The Saudi never maintained the training and alert level to counter threats. This was training issue rather than Patriot issue. American sent 300 Patriot crews to operate the Patriot because Saudi doesn't sh$t about missiles defense. Buying great hardware and operating that hardware are two different things.

Potent SAM systems are even more difficult to acquire... USA will rather sell you F-35 than patriot missile...
Bro, Patriots are sold to any country who can put the bills. There are long list of Patriots users.

@Michael Corleone
@mb444

Entered service 2009 (?)
Crew 3 men
Effective Range
ASM Target 600 m/s
700 - 7,000 m
700 - 11,000 m
Aircraft Target
700 - 12,000 m
Helicopter Target
700 - 15,000 m
Effective Altitude
30 - 6,000 m
Single Shot Pk
≤0.85
Radar System
20 km
Fire Control Channels
Reaction Time
6.5 to 10.5 sec
Missile Maximum Velocity
930 m/s
35 G

hq_7b_l5.jpg

BAF-2.jpg

This photo resurfaced again. This photo is circulating since 2016. What happened since then? Nothing!.
You have been using photos to deter enemy.

You misunderstood again. Saudi doesn't have layered defense that was the cause of the failure. The Saudi never maintained the training and alert level to counter threats. This was training issue rather than Patriot issue. American sent 300 Patriot crews to operate the Patriot because Saudi doesn't sh$t about missiles defense. Buying great hardware and operating that hardware are two different things.

Bro, Patriots are sold to any country who can put the bills. There are long list of Patriots users.

This photo resurfaced again. This photo is circulating since 2016. What happened since then? Nothing!.
You have been using photos to deter enemy.
Procurement takes time... Public deals aren't always revealed to us for some time until BD armed forces are ready.

But, I do not think BD will have to buy so many $100 million western toys that can be destroyed by missiles priced at a half-million-dollar or less. BAF does not have to match MAF planes one to one. 3-tier missile systems would be a better option for a defensive war. This is what you said earlier and I believe it.

Planes like F-35 are different, though. These are almost completely capable of diverting the attacking missiles because these planes are not detectable at their exact locations. So, the missiles misjudge the locations. Are Su-57Es also similarly fitted with those ploys like in the F-35s?
Russia doesn't have advanced electronic warfare capabilities why do you think Russian are focusing on press releases and photoshop of Su-57. Su-57 and J-20 are not a matured platform. The current Su-57 is equipped with all legacy equipment of Su-57. Russia also canebolized two prototypes of Su-57 as spares of other Su-57. There is no production line for Su-57. Russian are good at spreading misinformation and propaganda.
https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2018/04/30/russias-su-57-is-a-su-35-beneath-a-new-airframe/

Procurement takes time... Public deals aren't always revealed to us for some time until BD armed forces are ready.
What happened to that infamouse photo of preshipment inspection of HQ-16?
May be the grease negotiation takes time, that's all. That's how subcontinent works!

Saudi military is a joke anyways. I’ve seen vids of their trainees trying to take the shortcut in task provided to them by Bengali or Pakistani instructors. Americans don’t even bother sending instructors to these morons because they’re lost cause

Saudi military is a joke anyways. I’ve seen vids of their trainees trying to take the shortcut in task provided to them by Bengali or Pakistani instructors. Americans don’t even bother sending instructors to these morons because they’re lost cause
Dude this is a contractual agreement between manufacturers and Saudi. And off course, Trump ordered US Army train Saudis. $110B at stake. This is more than just MIM Patriot. Saudi Arabia is the largest weapon buyer of America.

https://www.defense.gov/explore/sto...ends-additional-capabilities-to-saudi-arabia/

I’m not sure if these are any good against supersonic targets... would love to learn too
China will decommission all HQ-7 from Naval fleet. HQ-7 will remain as an export product. HQ-7 is no longer effective against modern supersonic cruise missile. HQ-7 can shoot down helicopters and UAV. HQ-7 is useless against any modern EW. Basically, Bangladesh has no meaningful air defense Systems.
If Pakistan supply Turkish EW with JF-17 then Myanmar Air Force will freely be flying over Bangladesh, dropping bombs and peacefully going home.
If Pakistan ever integrate SOM with JF-17 then it will ended up Myanmar's hand. Bangladesh is screwed big time.
https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2019/10/02/roketsan-som-cruise-missile/

Bangladeshi military leaders are pathetic, self-centered, corrupt who are interested in commercial projects and fill their pockets. I still don't understand why would a military buy hundreds of millions of dollars of construction equipment but can't afford to buy air defense Systems or fighter jets.

Look Myanmar, Pakistani and Indian Military are also corrupt but they don't screw their country to implement construction projects. Bangladesh Military had a attitude to fill the pockets as soon possible and retire peacefully.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom