What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

The info below is from defres and it’s loosely based on what I recollect.
BD requested sales of American arms, especially fighters, transport aircraft, attack helicopters, missiles and artillery units
So far American side has been positively receptive but they would like to work out two previous deals related to weapons sales etc that we talked about earlier

so, 16x f16 block 60
12x f18 for maritime strike
18 155mm howitzers
2 c130H
Apache (not sure how many)
Missiles (info unknown)

this is loose recollection from defres post.
Some other person with BAF source (take it with grain of salt) said 1 tanker and attack helicopters are only things that will be acquired before 2025 from US, he says not to expect fighters before that

The info below is from defres and it’s loosely based on what I recollect.
BD requested sales of American arms, especially fighters, transport aircraft, attack helicopters, missiles and artillery units
So far American side has been positively receptive but they would like to work out two previous deals related to weapons sales etc that we talked about earlier

so, 16x f16 block 60
12x f18 for maritime strike
18 155mm howitzers
2 c130H
Apache (not sure how many)
Missiles (info unknown)

this is loose recollection from defres post.
Some other person with BAF source (take it with grain of salt) said 1 tanker and attack helicopters are only things that will be acquired before 2025 from US, he says not to expect fighters before that

When even you cant equip mig 29 fleet into a full squadron and still in nego with Belarus to upgrading your 8 Mig 29, let alone acquire 16 F16 is a tall task. And Lockmart is not sold their block 60 anymore as their production line had been tooled to produce block 70/viper variants along with recent contract with Slovakia and before with Bahrain in 2018. Even when you are trying to acquire them the price to set up necessary infrastructure will be prohibited as Bangladesh is heavily reliants with Chinese and Russian standard and system. Its fine when you acquire western made utility helicopter and C130J, as transport aircraft doesnt need complex C4ISR infrastructure to bring them into their full potential at battlefield, unlike fighter and attack helicopter. To acquire Apache, to set up a squadron level forces plus infrastructure required to sustain them and set up their network need at least 1 billion US dollar funds. Not to mention F/A 18. Btw, US is not in free market for 155 mm arty, unless you are trying to nego with them for EDA M109 and M198 along with their refurbished cost.

When even you cant equip mig 29 fleet into a full squadron and still in nego with Belarus to upgrading your 8 Mig 29, let alone acquire 16 F16 is a tall task. And Lockmart is not sold their block 60 anymore as their production line had been tooled to produce block 70/viper variants along with recent contract with Slovakia and before with Bahrain in 2018. Even when you are trying to acquire them the price to set up necessary infrastructure will be prohibited as Bangladesh is heavily reliants with Chinese and Russian standard and system. Its fine when you acquire western made utility helicopter and C130J, as transport aircraft doesnt need complex C4ISR infrastructure to bring them into their full potential at battlefield, unlike fighter and attack helicopter. To acquire Apache, to set up a squadron level forces plus infrastructure required to sustain them and set up their network need at least 1 billion US dollar funds. Not to mention F/A 18. Btw, US is not in free market for 155 mm arty, unless you are trying to nego with them for EDA M109 and M198 along with their refurbished cost.
Mig 29s were supposed to be two squadrons. One squadron was ready, regime change and cancellations of the order destroyed the force. I don’t think new jets will be bought, or soon enough, but US received these request in 2018 as disclosed by their officials and they require us to sign deals before we proceed. But unlike before when US would say Bangladesh doesn’t have the status to afford or require their weapons, they’re now positive because of the economic growth and stability and that to me is a big step in the right direction

Well it's not like she didn't say it before. She said it in 2015 too. So it's nothing to be surprised about if she tells it again. But current action doesn't really indicate that we are gonna build fighter jet except that news about building wind tunnel in Jossore base.

https://www.thedailystar.net/city/hasina-hopes-bangladesh-will-build-fighter-jets-88522
https://en.prothomalo.com/bangladesh/news/67705/Bangladesh-would-build-fighter-planes-in-future

And Black Hawk helicopters. DTB said we are trying to get FMS status. Aren't we supposed to negotiate with UK for M777 howitzer as they are main manufacturer? They only integrate and test it in USA if i am not wrong.

We canceled the next 8 Mig-29 in Zia's period. That chapter is closed for good. Plan for upgrade was cancelled multiple times for unknown reason as Ukraine, Russia didn't place bid. Five Mig-29 needs engine overhauling so BD might be negotiating for that with Belarus. Upgrade news was BD Military's story, only solid thing was repairing army's aircraft.

And we operated mix of western-eastern trainer and fighter so that isn't problem i think. If we can negotiate for EFT than i don't know why we can't go for F-16 or others. Necessary structures can be build if required and we can send our pilots to other country for training as we are already doing.
I guess not too much fuss is being made about it to keep India from interfering at our business
Not sure about the howitzers, Is there certain shells that are only made in US? Bell helicopters are being planned to be replaced in the future too. Let’s see how this spans out

If had seen one of these camps in the Middle East, you would find it funny. Niggas spend billions to buy protection... they’re so stupid, they make exceptions for American soldiers and their women to not cover up, heck they can make a sound when these women sunbathe with bikini or in he nude.

as for not being able to buy air defense and fighters... who makes you the expert? Everything is being upgraded step by step

Butt hurt. I have seen some of material copied from globaldefensecorp.com website and posted in your website. At least you are learning. That's why I am here. Whoever writing those great information are doing great for the democratic society and the west.

Some information are eye opening, am I correct? You lived in cave and believed that MiG fighters are the best until I showed up.

Don't worry I will post Saudi prices photo here. Be hold.

You're here to post misinformation and propaganda to cover up corruption. I am posting truths. You will not like truth.

You don't have guts to criticize your leadership. You're another a$$ kisser. Why not call yourself a Muslim name instead of Michael like your fellow country men or may be women.
Let's see how gutsy you're, are you joining my cause or you left your balls with your wife?

Here is another truth with photographic evidence. Suck it!
https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2...ine-in-embarrassing-south-china-sea-incident/

Last edited:
Well it's not like she didn't say it before. She said it in 2015 too. So it's nothing to be surprised about if she tells it again. But current action doesn't really indicate that we are gonna build fighter jet except that news about building wind tunnel in Jossore base.

https://www.thedailystar.net/city/hasina-hopes-bangladesh-will-build-fighter-jets-88522
https://en.prothomalo.com/bangladesh/news/67705/Bangladesh-would-build-fighter-planes-in-future

And Black Hawk helicopters. DTB said we are trying to get FMS status. Aren't we supposed to negotiate with UK for M777 howitzer as they are main manufacturer? They only integrate and test it in USA if i am not wrong.

We canceled the next 8 Mig-29 in Zia's period. That chapter is closed for good. Plan for upgrade was cancelled multiple times for unknown reason as Ukraine, Russia didn't place bid. Five Mig-29 needs engine overhauling so BD might be negotiating for that with Belarus. Upgrade news was BD Military's story, only solid thing was repairing army's aircraft.

And we operated mix of western-eastern trainer and fighter so that isn't problem i think. If we can negotiate for EFT than i don't know why we can't go for F-16 or others. Necessary structures can be build if required and we can send our pilots to other country for training as we are already doing.

What eastern and western trainer you operated? All only i can see is L 39 made in Czech, K8 Korakorum made in China and Yak 130 mitten made in Russia. Fleet of your basic trainer is PT 6 series from China

What eastern and western trainer you operated? All only i can see is L 39 made in Czech, K8 Korakorum made in China and Yak 130 mitten made in Russia. Fleet of your basic trainer is PT 6 series from China

BAF used to fly Fouga Magisters and T-37 in the past.

BAF used to fly Fouga Magisters and T-37 in the past.

Yeah the same time when Indonesia still operated mix of Sabre and Mig 21 and B 25 mitchell mixed with Tu 16. In the past one doesnt know how much C4ISR and integrated data link system can assist you much into battle, all will sheer of number and raw strength of the aircraft must be taken into account.

Yeah the same time when Indonesia still operated mix of Sabre and Mig 21 and B 25 mitchell mixed with Tu 16. In the past one doesnt know how much C4ISR and integrated data link system can assist you much into battle, all will sheer of number and raw strength of the aircraft must be taken into account.

If nothing else, this time is significant for the Bangladeshi armed forces as it appears significant geopolitical shifts are underway for Bangladesh.

Just a rough idea about the numbers involved with the Kuwaiti Superbug purchase.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/a...-contract-to-deliver-28-super-hornets-447237/
Boeing awarded contract to deliver 28 Super Hornets to Kuwait
Boeing was awarded a contract worth up to $1.17 billion to produce and deliver 22 F/A-18E and 6 F/A-18F Super Hornets for the government of Kuwait by 2022, the US Defence Department announced on 30 March.

State Department approval of the sale of F/A-18 Super Hornets to Kuwait was first announced in November 2016, with the country requesting a total of 40 Super Hornets, including 28 fighters for initial delivery, plus the option to order 12 more. Boeing was to provide Raytheon APG-79 active electronically scanned array radars and 20mm guns for the jets, per the original sale announcement.

“The acquisition of the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet aircraft will allow for greater interoperability with U.S. forces, providing benefits for training and possible future coalition operations in support of shared regional security objectives,” the Defense Security Cooperation Agency said when the arms deal was first announced.

The F/A-18E Super Hornet is a single seat version of the fighter, while the F/A-18F has two seats in tandem.

Orders for the fighter have increased recently, as Congress topped off the US Navy’s request list with 10 more Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornets, worth $739 million, in March. In all, the Navy is buying 24 Super Hornets for a sum of $1.8 billion in fiscal 2018. The additional orders from the US military, as well as Kuwait, have prolonged the life of Boeing’s F/A-18 production line in St. Louis, Missouri.

Work on the Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornets for Kuwait will be divided mostly between St. Louis, Missouri (47.2 percent); Goleta, California (22.3 percent); and El Segundo, California (20.1 percent), according to the award notice.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/a...-contract-to-deliver-28-super-hornets-447237/

Butt hurt. I have seen some of material copied from globaldefensecorp.com website and posted in your website. At least you are learning. That's why I am here. Whoever writing those great information are doing great for the democratic society and the west.

Some information are eye opening, am I correct? You lived in cave and believed that MiG fighters are the best until I showed up.

Don't worry I will post Saudi prices photo here. Be hold.

You're here to post misinformation and propaganda to cover up corruption. I am posting truths. You will not like truth.

You don't have guts to criticize your leadership. You're another a$$ kisser. Why not call yourself a Muslim name instead of Michael like your fellow country men or may be women.
Let's see how gutsy you're, are you joining my cause or you left your balls with your wife?

Here is another truth with photographic evidence. Suck it!
https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2...ine-in-embarrassing-south-china-sea-incident/
Oh boy I don’t even want to argue with you, that’s not my website xD

Just a rough idea about the numbers involved with the Kuwaiti Superbug purchase.
Boeing awarded contract to deliver 28 Super Hornets to Kuwait
Boeing was awarded a contract worth up to $1.17 billion to produce and deliver 22 F/A-18E and 6 F/A-18F Super Hornets for the government of Kuwait by 2022, the US Defence Department announced on 30 March.

State Department approval of the sale of F/A-18 Super Hornets to Kuwait was first announced in November 2016, with the country requesting a total of 40 Super Hornets, including 28 fighters for initial delivery, plus the option to order 12 more. Boeing was to provide Raytheon APG-79 active electronically scanned array radars and 20mm guns for the jets, per the original sale announcement.

“The acquisition of the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet aircraft will allow for greater interoperability with U.S. forces, providing benefits for training and possible future coalition operations in support of shared regional security objectives,” the Defense Security Cooperation Agency said when the arms deal was first announced.

The F/A-18E Super Hornet is a single seat version of the fighter, while the F/A-18F has two seats in tandem.

Orders for the fighter have increased recently, as Congress topped off the US Navy’s request list with 10 more Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornets, worth $739 million, in March. In all, the Navy is buying 24 Super Hornets for a sum of $1.8 billion in fiscal 2018. The additional orders from the US military, as well as Kuwait, have prolonged the life of Boeing’s F/A-18 production line in St. Louis, Missouri.

Work on the Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornets for Kuwait will be divided mostly between St. Louis, Missouri (47.2 percent); Goleta, California (22.3 percent); and El Segundo, California (20.1 percent), according to the award notice.

28 F/A-18 for 1.17 billion is a good price.

Probably cost only this much because Kuwait already has the necessary infrastructure for these jets.
I believe it'll cost us much more.

Even so let’s say you double the price it’s still affordable at this point for a good number of jets.

the key though is getting access to the appropriate electronics and munitions that allow the aircraft to have maximal teeth like later model sidewinders AMRAAMs and air to ground munition etc.

Even so let’s say you double the price it’s still affordable at this point for a good number of jets.

the key though is getting access to the appropriate electronics and munitions that allow the aircraft to have maximal teeth like later model sidewinders AMRAAMs and air to ground munition etc.
Less than 42 millions for an aircraft like F-18?Does it really seem true to you?
Although I agree that it's possible to get a good numbers of them even at double the price.

And it'd be an excellent decision if BAF chooses it.

Back
Top Bottom