What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Less than 42 millions for an aircraft like F-18?Does it really seem true to you?
Although I agree that it's possible to get a good numbers of them even at double the price.

And it'd be an excellent decision if BAF chooses it.

it’s possible if Uncle Sam makes it possible.

Discussion between BAF & UK is still active from what I hear. Italy & Spain, our other partners in EU are interested in this deal too.

On the US front, even if any major shifts happen no platforms will come before at least 2025 IMO.

Discussion between BAF & UK is still active from what I hear. Italy & Spain, our other partners in EU are interested in this deal too.

On the US front, even if any major shifts happen no platforms will come before at least 2025 IMO.

Potentially a Kuwaiti force structure of Typhoon and Super Hornet.

InshAllah.

Potentially a Kuwaiti force structure of Typhoon and Super Hornet.

InshAllah.
BAF is serious about western platforms. And economy isn't an issue anymore.

Now we have to watch how things pan out.

Cheers.

the fighter and helicopter will not be new use / older version
brand new one will be way to expensive even the latest models ones

J-10CE is officially available for export as per public data.

But hard to say what the availability of it is for Bangladesh. Also, is it wise for Bangladesh to buy Chinese planes when they are time and time again failing to support the BD position on Rohingya.

We DO need China ultimately for India.

But until the Rohingya problem is settled or actually until there is a new government in Myanmar, that nation will be the main problem for Bangladesh.

That said, it may be wise to get into the Western fighter ecosystem.

Really I would be good with F-16, Typhoon or Gripen but so far only Typhoon has been linked to Bangladesh and even that is a very vague link officially and rumors unofficially.

@Bengal71

In regards to the Typhoon all I can say is Inshallah!

The two sides of the matter are the Burmese government and the separatist forces, and China supports the Burmese government in accordance with the consistent foreign investment policy.
Why do Bangladeshis think that China should follow their steps to support separation forces? Do you think Bangladesh is the boss of China?

In fact, Bangladesh and Myanmar, Rohingya and the Myanmar government are two things.

The two sides of the matter are the Burmese government and the separatist forces, and China supports the Burmese government in accordance with the consistent foreign investment policy.
Why do Bangladeshis think that China should follow their steps to support separation forces? Do you think Bangladesh is the boss of China?

In fact, Bangladesh and Myanmar, Rohingya and the Myanmar government are two things.

Yup.

Understandable.

China has her interests and Bangladesh has hers.

Sometimes they overlap and sometimes they are at odds.

That is the realm of diplomacy.

You are correct BD is not the boss of china and neither is China boss of BD.

Where our interest match we will persue it ....mainly economics.

BD had aligned its strategic calculus with that of China. With the rohingya issue to the fore BD will and is pivoting to alignment with the west.

There is nothing personal and BD will not suddently become adversarial in its approach to china as there remains many areas where our interest converge. However strategic staus quo will not remain.

Apnar dua jano kobul hoi

Pakistani pilots really liked sukhoi, with them in hand, those birds could have their legs stretched properly
I have serious doubt Pakistan will ever buy any Sukhoi after the sweet victory over Kashmir.
Since Imran Khan meet Donald Trump, Pak-US relationship is kinda better than previously thought. Italy offered Pakistan Typhoon but, that was stopped by crippled economy of Pakistan. If Pakistan buy fighter jet, it would be either European or American platform.
I don't ruled out FC-31. FC-31 will eventually come to Pakistan once the platform is mature enough to be promoted for export customer. Only local manufacturing of FC-31 may convince the Pakistani military leadership.

Now I know why you're fanboys of Russian junk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2705905.stm

The Bureau of Anti-Corruption (BAC) accuses Ms Hasina and six men of misappropriating nearly $120m of state money by purchasing the Russian MiG fighters three years ago using corrupt practices.

The accused men are:

• Former Air Force Chief Air Vice Marshal Jamal Uddin Ahmed
  • Former Army Chief General Mustafizur Rahman
  • Former Defence Secretary Syed Yusuf Hossain
  • Senior Air Force officer Mirza Akhter Maroof
  • Former Joint Secretary of the Defence Ministry Mohammad Hossain Serniabat
  • Businessman Noor Ali.

Can anybody give me a definite timeline when fighter procurement will be announced?

HQ-7 is useless against any modern EW. Basically, Bangladesh has no meaningful air defense Systems.
If Pakistan supply Turkish EW with JF-17 then Myanmar Air Force will freely be flying over Bangladesh, dropping bombs and peacefully going home.
Can you back this up with any evidence?

Can anybody give me a definite timeline when fighter procurement will be announced?

Can you back this up with any evidence?

You're trying to divert the corruption conversion.

https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2019/10/15/bangladesh-army-the-thief-in-green-uniform/

Let me educate you since I am here. I am sure Bangladesh doesn't have Aerospace engineer who advises you on radar.

Sino-Crotale or HQ-7 uses Ku band mono pulse radar to track targets. Ku band mono pulse is useless against modern supersonic missiles with built-in countermeasures like RBS-15, Exocet or Kongsberg stealth NSM.

Between 8 and 12 GHz, the ratio of wavelength with relatively small antennas, which favours military use as airborne radar. On the other hand, the antennas of missile control radar systems, which are very large relative to the wavelength, are still handy enough to be considered as deployable.

This frequency band is mainly used in civil and military applications for maritime navigation radar systems, small and cheap to manufacture.

Outcome:
Israeli Sky Shield successfully jammed Russian Ku band, S band and L band radars.

Why do you think Israeli Air Force is destroying Illumination radar of Buk and Pantsir-s1 because these are the same bands of radar.

https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2018/12/16/rafael-sky-shield-airborne-support-jammer/

Last edited:
Can I be honest with you guys?
There’s this certain guy that I’m considering putting on my ignore list and his comments are right above this. I wonder if y’all also put him on ignore

Back
Top Bottom