What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Mig-29Ms are more than capable for Myanmar and India in the mean time. Numerical superiority is needed in order to maximize sorties, and combat ability. If BD could upgrade 8 in service with 16 more that would make 2 whole squadrons(12 aircraft each) compared to 2/3 of one with 6 EFTs.

Mig-29Ms are more than capable for Myanmar and India in the mean time. Numerical superiority is needed in order to maximize sorties, and combat ability. If BD could upgrade 8 in service with 16 more that would make 2 whole squadrons(12 aircraft each) compared to 2/3 of one with 6 EFTs.

Weapons acquisitions are more about the politics than the hardware themselves.

see GCC procurement notably Qatar.

Going West is paramount.

Tactically give me 8 Typhoon over 16 of any variant of the Fulcrum all day long.

Weapons acquisitions are more about the politics than the hardware themselves.

see GCC procurement notably Qatar.

Going West is paramount.

Tactically give me 8 Typhoon over 16 of any variant of the Fulcrum all day long.
I agree, but going straight to fighters is risky for BD considering they never operated important Western equipment like tanks, vehicles, helicopters, etc. I don't know if BD is going to transition from Eastern aligned country to Western aligned power that easily.

I agree, but going straight to fighters is risky for BD considering they never operated important Western equipment like tanks, vehicles, helicopters, etc. I don't know if BD is going to transition from Eastern aligned country to Western aligned power that easily.

The recently publicized news looks promising!

A lot of news has been published from J-10, to Su-30 and everything in between.

True but with ever day that passes it’s less and less likely that BAF will go exclusively Chinese or Russian.

Add to that this rather public release of info that BD wants Apaches as well as other US wares.

The issue here as it relates to BAF is release of an active radar AAM from the US or Europe.

Also the rumors that swirled about the C-130J came to fruition.

So I would say it’s certainly within the realm of possibility that BAF goes Western.

I hope so at least inshAllah!

True but with ever day that passes it’s less and less likely that BAF will go exclusively Chinese or Russian.

Add to that this rather public release of info that BD wants Apaches as well as other US wares.

The issue here as it relates to BAF is release of an active radar AAM from the US or Europe.

Also the rumors that swirled about the C-130J came to fruition.

So I would say it’s certainly within the realm of possibility that BAF goes Western.

I hope so at least inshAllah!
Why?

1) potentially political backing.

2) US/EU weapons are qualitatively superior.

3) implementation of western training standards.

4) interoperability and participation in international exercises.

5) Tapping into their access to Western weapons is something Bangladesh has a clear advantage over Myanmar.

1) potentially political backing.

2) US/EU weapons are qualitatively superior.

3) implementation of western training standards.

4) interoperability and participation in international exercises.

5) Tapping into their access to Western weapons is something Bangladesh has a clear advantage over Myanmar.

1) In a conflict with India there will be no support from West whatsoever.

2) It depends which weapons, and China is ahead of Western Europe simply because they have 2 stealth fighters in development.

3)I agree.

4)I agree.

5)Western weapons as well as non-Western weapons should be procured. More priority should be put on buying weapons from nations that won't sanction BD in a conflict with India or MM.

1) In a conflict with India there will be no support from West whatsoever.

2) It depends which weapons, and China is ahead of Western Europe simply because they have 2 stealth fighters in development.

3)I agree.

4)I agree.

5)Western weapons as well as non-Western weapons should be procured. More priority should be put on buying weapons from nations that won't sanction BD in a conflict with India or MM.

I am all for a US, EU, China mix.

Russia has nothing to offer of value in my opinion given the points in my previous post and the issues you have raised vis a vis India.

I am all for a US, EU, China mix.

Russia has nothing to offer of value in my opinion given the points in my previous post and the issues you have raised vis a vis India.
Do you think a conflict with India or MM is more likely?

Do you think a conflict with India or MM is more likely?
Army is not only for war against neighbor but more to do with internal stability, global strategic interest and economic reach. Its very unlikely to be sanctioned by everybody when your economy and military is very strong. Nobody will dare to impose sanction on Germany.. will they?

Back
Top Bottom