What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

That's why JF-17 would be the best option... It's 700 KG heavier than YAK-130 with a much, much, more robust set of weaponry than F-7. BD can try negotiating with CN as middleman and letting CN negotiate with PK to say they bought it from China and just calling it FC-1 everywhere on media, statements, social media, etc.

That ship has likely sailed my friend.

That's why JF-17 would be the best option... It's 700 KG heavier than YAK-130 with a much, much, more robust set of weaponry than F-7. BD can try negotiating with CN as middleman and letting CN negotiate with PK to say they bought it from China and just calling it FC-1 everywhere on media, statements, social media, etc.
JF-17 block III would be an excellent choice. But I have doubts if Pakistan will export it to us.Not just because of political issues, but also because PAF has urgent need of block III jets to confront Rafale.

Point defence in addition to ground attack.

31 F-7 is a nice little force.

But it shouldn't be your backbone in 2019.
Why couldn't BD just asked for integration of PL-12 for BVRAAM duties. Russia did it with Mig-21Bison.

Selling more units means keeping the production line alive and also lowers the cost. I don't see any reason besides political that Pakistan won't sell.
Does CAC produce aircraft for PAF or just PAC?

All of those Russian aircraft are USELESS against India in a conflict. Russia won't think twice before sanctioning Bangladesh.

Yup.

And to be honest actual hot conflict with India is REMOTE.

And if it ever does come to that, no fighter will make a difference.

BD is toast.

But for deterrence purposes, yes a strong BAF is needed.

To at least hurt them if they ever try or more likely try to intimidate.

J-10 is the clear option in regards to India.

But that exposes you to China's interests in regards to Myanmar.

Do you see the dilemma?

To use missiles like PL-12, you'd need to change the radar of the jet I think.Not sure it'll be possible with BGIs.

If that was the case, BAF might as well gone for early block JF-17 back in 2013.

But that was never realistically gonna happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom