What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I heard someone claim that it’s not all 10 squadrons of offensive platform but a mix of everything... 4-6 of them will be for offensive platforms... at this point I could care less about who’s right and who said what...
Burma is negotiating for additional sales of sukhoi aircrafts

I heard someone claim that it’s not all 10 squadrons of offensive platform but a mix of everything... 4-6 of them will be for offensive platforms... at this point I could care less about who’s right and who said what...

Where did you hear about the additional Burma sales?

SS said that but when former COAS made it clear himself, it doesn't matter what some civilian guy says about it. Although it seems impossible now. It's not FG 2030 anymore, it's FG 2040. :omghaha::omghaha: And now BD Military is saying EFT deal will be signed before this year end. Will they win this fourth round? :lol:

https://www.defseca.com/premium/the...5-8lcwWsOumbhWsg86GmJUTABP86kGjiEv6iLGTaKpt40

SS said that but when former COAS made it clear himself, it doesn't matter what some civilian guy says about it. Although it seems impossible now. It's not FG 2030 anymore, it's FG 2040. :omghaha::omghaha: And now BD Military is saying EFT deal will be signed before this year end. Will they win this fourth round? :lol:

https://www.defseca.com/premium/the...5-8lcwWsOumbhWsg86GmJUTABP86kGjiEv6iLGTaKpt40

Although far-fetched, a fleet of 2 squadrons of Typhoons backed by 4 squadron of single engine jets would be a dream come true.Preferably Gripen with Meteor (because of high availability, cheap maintenance, high rate of sorties & network-centric warfare).
Or F-16 with AIM-120 AMRAAM because of US backing(even the supplying of these jets by US will send a strong message to the neighbours).
If plan is for diversification, then J-10 C with SD-10 and/or PL-15 would be nice as well.Typhoons forming the tip of the spear while the single engine jets form the workforce.
We would not only match MAF at quality, but also quantity as well while also providing a potent, qualitative deterrent for IAF.

But all of these are just speculations as consolation for the fact that BAF seems to be sleeping while our rival air forces are on a shopping spree.
Although I have hopes that BAF will have a pleasant surprise for us in the end InshaAllah.Because otherwise it'll show ineptitude of a level that I refuse to believe is possible to exist.

-------Rant over-------

Last edited:
Although far-fetched, a fleet of 2 squadrons of Typhoons backed by 4 squadron of single engine jets would be a dream come true.Preferably Gripen with Meteor (because of high availability, cheap maintenance, high rate of sorties & network-centric warfare).
Or F-16 with AIM-120 AMRAAM because of US backing(even the supplying of these jets by US will send a strong message to the neighbours).
If plan is for diversification, then J-10 C with SD-10 and/or PL-15 would be nice as well.), would be a dream come true.Typhoons forming the tip of the spear while the single engine jets form the workforce.
We would not only match MAF at quality, but also quantity as well while also providing a potent, qualitative deterrent for IAF.

But all of these are just speculations as consolation for the fact that BAF seems to be sleeping while our rival air forces are on a shopping spree.
Although I have hopes that BAF will have a pleasant surprise for us in the end InshaAllah.Because otherwise it'll show ineptitude of a level that I refuse to believe is possible to exist.

-------Rant over-------

Amen to that. BD should just bite the bullet and order 3 sqd of EFT and MAF neutralized in an instant and IAF given pause for thought. It will buy us a half a decade to get our acts together.

We buy Russian at this stage and we might as well shoot ourselves.

I’m wondering how much of a capability gap the BAF is waiting for before acting.

This is Burma for goodness sakes.

Now looking at more Flankers and perhaps MiG-35 if not SU-57 when they were alluding to their interest in next generation types.

What the F are you doing BAF?

I’m wondering how much of a capability gap the BAF is waiting for before acting.

This is Burma for goodness sakes.

Now looking at more Flankers and perhaps MiG-35 if not SU-57 when they were alluding to their interest in next generation types.

What the F are you doing BAF?
Next up, BAF just signed deal for Tempest sixth gen

BAF should have a diversified air force. Relying solely on American jets won't help. For BAF, quantity and quality, both matters at this stage. BAF cannot buy too much of American products because they are expensive. Instead some Russian, some Chinese and some French, and some American jets will fulfill the demand of quality and quantity. American F 16, French Mirage 2000/mirage 5, Chinese Chengdu j10/JF 17, Russian su 30 will boost up BAF considerably. But I doubt the government will ever take such initiative of strengthening the air Force.

BAF should have a diversified air force. Relying solely on American jets won't help. For BAF, quantity and quality, both matters at this stage. BAF cannot buy too much of American products because they are expensive. Instead some Russian, some Chinese and some French, and some American jets will fulfill the demand of quality and quantity. American F 16, French Mirage 2000/mirage 5, Chinese Chengdu j10/JF 17, Russian su 30 will boost up BAF considerably. But I doubt the government will ever take such initiative of strengthening the air Force.

Operating so many different types of jets will be a logistical nightmare. IMO, BAF may go for three platforms at most.One from US,one from EU & one from China.
However, even that might be hard to afford.In that case, procuring one from US/EU & one from China would be best.I believe we should get double engine jets from EU as China doesn't have any of that sort which it might export to us.
Russian jets MUST avoided unless there's no other options. Not only because they're not as advanced as their western counterpart, but also cause of their high maintenance cost, low availability,low service life compared to many other western jets etc.Also, their relations with India goes much deeper than with us.

bangladesh airforce section of pdf should be shut down untill BAF go for a actual fighter..goto 100 page e amra shudhu hudai pechal partesi..kine na baal da r amra eikhane talkshow khuila boshchhi.. :(:(

Operating so many different types of jets will be a logistical nightmare. IMO, BAF may go for three platforms at most.One from US,one from EU & one from China.
However, even that might be hard to afford.In that case, procuring one from US/EU & one from China would be best.I believe we should get double engine jets from EU as China doesn't have any of that sort which it might export to us.
Russian jets MUST avoided unless there's no other options. Not only because they're not as advanced as their western counterpart, but also cause of their high maintenance cost, low availability,low service life compared to many other western jets etc.Also, their relations with India goes much deeper than with us.

Russia jets a definite no due to US sanctions.

Best combo would be Gripen E from Sweden and J-10C from China. That would allow free reign to fight either Myanmar and India at a cost that BD can afford.

bangladesh airforce section of pdf should be shut down untill BAF go for a actual fighter..goto 100 page e amra shudhu hudai pechal partesi..kine na baal da r amra eikhane talkshow khuila boshchhi.. :(:(
BAF buys mostly trainer Jets or transportation jets like the Lockheed Martin aircraft they bought in this year.

No. Russian weapons and better than Chinese weapons IMO

Back
Top Bottom