What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

How many squadrons of fighters does BAF eventually plan to procure?I heard somewhere that it's supposed to be 10 squadrons according to FG2030.But it doesn't seem feasible to me considering our economy & that BAF hasn't even ordered 1 squadron yet.

Economy is NOT the issue.

BD economy is 320 billion US dollars expected to grow at 8-9% a year till 2030. Plenty of money is and will become available.

It is just a case of will.

Economy is NOT the issue.

BD economy is 320 billion US dollars expected to grow at 8-9% a year till 2030. Plenty of money is and will become available.

It is just a case of will.

I know Bangladesh is doing well economically.But do you really think we'll be able to procure & maintain 160 fighters by 2030? The jets alone might cost about 25 billions.Possibly much more.
Our GDP is projected to be at 700 billions by 2030.Going by defence spending of 2018 (1.2% of GDP), we end up with a defence budget of 8.4 billions.
I don't see how it'll be possible to get & operate that many jets with so small a budget.Don't forget we'll need to build new bases, get new trainers, transport aircrafts, AWACS etc. as well.So the actual cost will be much more than that.
I'll be happy to be proven wrong of course.But I don't think I am.

I know Bangladesh is doing well economically.But do you really think we'll be able to procure & maintain 160 fighters by 2030? The jets alone might cost about 25 billions.Possibly much more.
Our GDP is projected to be at 700 billions by 2030.Going by defence spending of 2018 (1.2% of GDP), we end up with a defence budget of 8.4 billions.
I don't see how it'll be possible to get & operate that many jets with so small a budget.Don't forget we'll need to build new bases, get new trainers, transport aircrafts, AWACS etc. as well.So the actual cost will be much more than that.

You’re 100 percent correct.

10 squadrons by 2030 is a joke.

Actually BD spends 1.5% on defence when arms spending is taken into account. Defence spending could hit 10 billion US dollars in today's money in 2030.
Also, please bear in mind that BD will be paying up till 2035 for the last batch of fighters that it gets by 2030.

Actually BD spends 1.5% on defence when arms spending is taken into account. Defence spending could hit 10 billion US dollars in today's money in 2030.
Also, please bear in mind that BD will be paying up till 2035 for the last batch of fighters that it gets by 2030.

Time will tell I suppose.I'd be overjoyed if we manage to get even half that number. 80 modern 4.5th generation jet backed by decent SAM cover will not only be able to outmatch the MAF, but also deter the IAF should the need ever arise.

Time will tell I suppose.I'd be overjoyed if we manage to get even half that number. 80 modern 4.5th generation jet backed by decent SAM cover will not only be able to outmatch the MAF, but also deter the IAF should the need ever arise.
Wait I thought Bangladesh listens to India after they got you independence. Can your officers even agree to fight them?Also why are you guys looking to outmatch RMAF are they not your muslim brothers. Then again we were too and look what happened.

Wait I thought Bangladesh listens to India after they got you independence. Can your officers even agree to fight them?Also why are you guys looking to outmatch RMAF are they not your muslim brothers. Then again we were too and look what happened.

Please do not troll & derail the thread.If you have anything of value to add, you're welcome to do so.

As for your misconceptions,Bangladesh DOES NOT listen to India. In case you haven't noticed, virtually all of our weapons are Chinese in origin.
A hostile India is simply not in our interest.Nor do we have nukes as you do to keep India in check.That's why the government keeps good relation with India although the population largely dislikes the dadagiri attitude of India & the subservient attitude of the GoB.
Also, MAF = Myanmar Air Force.
RMAF = Royal Malaysian Air Force.
See the difference?

Imagine if the BAF was still PAF ! We would have driven india mad! PAF still doing that but you guys would have been proud too. Sad there must have been a reason from Allah for this.

My dear brother and fellow countryman, regardless of could have been. From a purely strategic stand point, the union could exist in the real world scenario. I do not say this on political grounds, rather from geographical point of view, where the two territories being 1000 miles apart, with the enemy in the middle. From a military stand point, this is not feasible. However and independent Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, both economically robust, with strong military and diametrically opposed to indian hegemony. Add to that, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh all allied with China. Now that is a nightmare scenario for India, one which would make it increasingly difficult for it to project itself as a regional power, let alone a super power.

Then again we were too and look what happened.

The Malaysian are our Muslim brothers just as the Pakistanis are.
Don't play the victim of 71.It was the fault of your administration, Yahya & Bhutto, who refused to handover power to the elected representative of people & instead ordered for atrocities to be committed against their own countrymen.
However, that was on the past.This is now. As the two Muslim countries of the subcontinent bordering an increasingly hostile & pro-hindutva India, we should focus on building better relations with our countries instead of throwing mud at each other.

My dear brother and fellow countryman, regardless of could have been. From a purely strategic stand point, the union could exist in the real world scenario. I do not say this on political grounds, rather from geographical point of view, where the two territories being 1000 miles apart, with the enemy in the middle. From a military stand point, this is not feasible. However and independent Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, both economically robust, with strong military and diametrically opposed to indian hegemony. Add to that, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh all allied with China. Now that is a nightmare scenario for India, one which would make it increasingly difficult for it to project itself as a regional power, let alone a super power.

This post deserves a positive rating.

You guys always sing the same song incessantly without recognizing our own wish because of your own fault. Why do you guys blame India for things done by your leaders? Note that we are happy not to share our destiny and wealth with Pakistan anymore after 1971.

Are you hiring people or are you yourself to be hired? Please improve your English to be respected by other members of this forum. Write correct sentences.
I am sure you're hired by Mahi International or Sayeedayn International. So I'm guessing you're one of the members who were sponsored by Rosoboronexport. It's a question of personal gain and profitability over loosing a battle and accommodating Rohingya terrorists. You're going to EU and America to beg funds to feed those losers. You got to know English before you beg from us.

How many squadrons of fighters does BAF eventually plan to procure?I heard somewhere that it's supposed to be 10 squadrons according to FG2030.But it doesn't seem feasible to me considering our economy & that BAF hasn't even ordered 1 squadron yet.

This is the best post I have seen after a long time. Good laughter. Thanks for that.
A Bangladeshi guy name Sayeed Amar Khan who sale rice and lentils to DGDP, came up with the idea that Bangladesh will buy 10 squadrons of fighters jets which will include F-22, J-20, J-31 and F-35. Do you really believe propaganda of bdmilitary.com?

69520869_914192905591190_5415565911824269312_n.jpg

C-130J & the Parliament House
69814776_908759322801215_5018038054032506880_o.jpg

Close up of our First C-130J Hercules

Back
Top Bottom