What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

The Bangladesh Air Force attempted to purchase American or Western fighters numerous times in its history. Each time the American's displayed their opposition. Wikileaks reveals how the US contributed to Bangladesh getting closer to the Chinese.

This is relevant today because the American's are focusing on the "East" trying to increase influence with strategically important countries.

"EMBASSY SHOULD INFORM MFA THAT WE CANNOT APPROVE PROPOSED SALE OF F-104 AND G-91Y AIRCRAFT TO BANGLADESH, SINCE THE US ITSELF WOULD NOT PROVIDE THOSE OR COMPARABLE TYPES OF AIRCRAFT TO BANGLADESH."

The US also made sure NATO allies such as Italy also never sold their fighters to the Bangladesh Air Force even if US did not even built aircraft such as the G-91.

This also occurred with the request for F-5 and F-4 Phantom II' fighters BAF requested earlier.

View attachment 573051 View attachment 573052 View attachment 573053

#Bangladesh Defence & Security Analysis
Given the terrible economic and political condition of the time... no wonder America kept on refusing.

Hey BAF! This one goes out to you!!!!

Lmao this is hilarious

Yea here’s to hoping it’s different now.

BTW any word on buying anything?
No fresh news just that the c130 is being procured....
But given the other bd mil rival page is claiming they first talked about the c130, and claiming EFT will be purchased... let’s see.
They mocked bd military for mentioning every fighter in the book but the reality is all though fighters were considered, nearly approved, passed in favor of others and reconsidered again.

If US opposes fighter acquisition then how are you getting excess defences articles from the US. Basically you don't know how US defense export works. Excess Defense Article for second hand goods. Give me an example where the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh notified US DoD of intention to procure fighter jets through Foreign Military Sale. Give me copy of letter where you notified Foreign Military Sale. https://www.dsca.mil/programs

Stop spreading stupid propaganda. US sale military equipment to anyone who pays cash. You want loan forgiveness which the US doesn't do. Go to China and Russia and beg loan forgiveness.

Last edited:
If US opposes fighter acquisition then how are you getting excess defences articles from the US. Basically you don't know how US defense export works. Excess Defense Article for second hand goods. Give me an example where the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh notified US DoD of intention to procure fighter jets through Foreign Military Sale. Give me copy of letter where you notified Foreign Military Sale. https://www.dsca.mil/programs

Stop spreading stupid propaganda. US sale military equipment to anyone who pays cash. You want loan forgiveness which the US doesn't do. Go to China and Russia and beg loan forgiveness.
Give you a copy? What are you some US govt after sales tech support?
You’re a twat and you know that

Give you a copy? What are you some US govt after sales tech support?
You’re a twat and you know that
In one sentence you say US rejected your request to buy fighter jets and next sentence you get excess defense Article. Get your sentences correct. Stop blaming US for your failure. I think someone in thread already said that Bangladesh looked at all fighter jets in the book but didn't buy anything. Focus on China and Russia. Stop bringing US in the conversation or I will tell the truth. When you publish MRCA hoax, did US intervene? So why do you blame everything to others? Can't you self reflect? You don't like truths. You can't afford $60m Russian junk, stop bringing America in this thread.
It's early morning in Dhaka? Are you finishing your late night pdf shift or early morning pdf shift?

Last edited:
In one sentence you say US rejected your request to buy fighter jets and next sentence you get excess defense Article. Get your sentences correct. Stop blaming US for your failure. I think someone in thread already said that Bangladesh looked at all fighter jets in the book but didn't buy anything. Focus on China and Russia. Stop bringing US in the conversation or I will tell the truth. When you publish MRCA hoax, did US intervene? So why do you blame everything to others? Can't you self reflect? You don't like truths. You can't afford $60m Russian junk, stop bringing America in this thread.
It's early morning in Dhaka? Are you finishing your late night pdf shift or early morning pdf shift?

Wrong connection.
Excess defence articles like Coastguard ships are not the same as buying fighter jets.

Wrong connection.
Excess defence articles like Coastguard ships are not the same as buying fighter jets.
You can get F-16A/B from excess defense Article. Point is, everyone blame America for their failure in this forum. you can buy products wherever you choose to buy from but stop blaming America. Bangladesh has only few billions dollars defense budget.
If Bangladesh really wanted American fighter jet, they could have gone to Foriegn Military sale and buy $70m F-16V or $65m F/A-18E. America is a capitalist country, they don't block any Foriegn buyer in particular defense sales.

American recently agreed to approve upgrade package of Pakistani F-16C/D to F-16V model for $1.2B. That's the reality, money talks in America. American suppliers sale arms to African countries. This was unthinkable few years back.
Do whatever you like to do. Don't blame us.

You can get F-16A/B from excess defense Article. Point is, everyone blame America for their failure in this forum. you can buy products wherever you choose to buy from but stop blaming America. Bangladesh has only few billions dollars defense budget.
If Bangladesh really wanted American fighter jet, they could have gone to Foriegn Military sale and buy $70m F-16V or $65m F/A-18E. America is a capitalist country, they don't block any Foriegn buyer in particular defense sales.

American recently agreed to approve upgrade package of Pakistani F-16C/D to F-16V model for $1.2B. That's the reality, money talks in America. American suppliers sale arms to African countries. This was unthinkable few years back.

BD defence budget is around 4.5-5 billion US dollars when you take arms imports into account. It can afford 1-2 squadrons of the latest F-16s.
Just because US will sell latest F-16 to Pakistan does not mean it will do the same to BD.
You are right that BD needs to ask first for specific items and then see US response.

Lmao this cuck is mistaking me for someone else. Tell the truth b

No one is blaming America. America wouldn’t sell offensive weapons to a least developed economy. Given that the economy has graduated to middle income unofficially, America is now open to selling limited offensive capability

BD defence budget is around 4.5-5 billion US dollars when you take arms imports into account. It can afford 1-2 squadrons of the latest F-16s.
Just because US will sell latest F-16 to Pakistan does not mean it will do the same to BD.
You are right that BD needs to ask first for specific items and then see US response.
America is selling offensive weapons to countries like Afghanistan, Nigeria, Iraq, Thailand, Central Africa, Morocco, Colombia, Chile and most recently Vietnam which means there is no boundaries when comes to capitalism. Defense market is very competitive. If America doesn't sell others will sale. British, Italian and French don't bother about democracy and low income/middle income nonsense theory. Loas wants to buy fighter jets considering Laos doesnt have recognizable economy.

American sold arms to countries where human rights violations is worse such as Thailand and Saudi Arabia. Why does America do that? To protect existing defense market and stop China supplying alternative military gears. I can go on...

Self reflect is the only way a nation can prosper. US Ambassador to Dhaka said that Bangladesh is an example of economic development. That's true. Military needs to self reflect instead of blaming Russia for MRCA and America for rest of the failure. In the pile posts, I can't find another comment from an idiot who blamed India for the conditions Bangladeshi Air Guard (Not Force). Maybe this is how it works in Bangladesh. Everyone blames everyone except themselves.

Lesson:
Bangladesh military is not run by children that you invite one party in an MRCA competition. That's how Russian ripped off Indian for 50 years. India doesn't do that anymore.
India always invites Americans and European in any competition so that they enjoy financial rebate.

Last edited:
140044286_5c4552af8e_edit2-1400x788.jpg

Yep......there's more action in that pic than this thread.

Back
Top Bottom