What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Thankfully this acquisition will take our C-130 fleet to 10.

4 - C130 B (Not going anywhere atleast for another decade)

5 - C 130 J

1- C130 H

we have

3 An 32 C

3 LET 410 E

&

52 Mi 17
12 Bel 212
4 AW 139
2 AW 119
4-6 Bell Jetranger helis.

Total 16 fixed wing aircraft around 70 Helicopters. Not bad. Not Bad at all.

Keep up the acquisition. A complete Para Infantry brigade demands a complete transport package.

Cheers :D

EDIT: Adding the context, since some people are...... -_-

I am liking this!

Last edited:

5 - C 130 J

1- C130 H

we have

3 An 32 C

2 LET 410 E

&

62 Mi 17
12 Bel 212
4 AW 139
2 AW 109
4 Bell Jetranger helis.

Total 15 fixed wing aircraft around 70 Helicopters. Not bad. Not Bad at all.

Keep up the acquisition. A complete Para Infantry brigade demands a complete transport package.

I thought it was 3 LETs.

Also where is the C-130H coming from?

Also also I didn't realize we had so many Mi-17/171!

5 - C 130 J

1- C130 H

we have

3 An 32 C

3 LET 410 E

&

52 Mi 17
12 Bel 212
4 AW 139
2 AW 119

Total 16 fixed wing aircraft around 70 Helicopters. Not bad. Not Bad at all.

But man when we are going to get 10 squadron of fighters? Or is this number highly exaggerated? @Arthur

10 squadron??!!

They couldn't even buy a single one in last 10 years. 10 squadron is a pipedream now.

I doubt they could even field 5 by 2030.
It's a disappointment. We need to make our airforce stronger!

52 Mi 17
12 Bel 212
4 AW 139
2 AW 119

70 Helicopters.

Looks like more in the pipeline. ;)

https://www.defseca.com/special/ove...4nwTMdwCM4CoecS4wCBpcwWH-6MBM3sPr7lP-x4zGgkYw

upload_2019-8-19_15-29-53.png

Last edited:
because that's what daddy considers us worthy of buying. 1 single frame

Well there was a underhanded reason for them to do that. They wanted BAF to throw some business toward US defence companies.

Instead of buying more airframes, they wanted BAF to go to some private companies for life extension upgrade to those 4 B models in service.

After repeatedly getting rejected, BAF bought few new engines & spares for the airframes, overhauled the 4'th B airframe & put it back to service. All 4 airframes went through extensive overhauling to keep them flying for 8-10 years. All the overhauling were done in Malaysia, most probably between 2010-'15.

BAF succeeded in buying the J models, just because RAF was desperate to get rid of them & BAF was desperate for newer airframes. Got a good deal though.

Last edited:

Sounds like you're complaining to vacuum of black holes.

Did you ask Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, Mitsubishi or Embraer to submit RFI or RFP to Bangladeshi procurement department or DGDP?
I still don't know why Bangladesh is always stuck in cheap Excess Defense Article? It takes very long time to settle access defense article because those items directly comes from military then defense contractors decommission them and put on hold. Some excess defense articles are put on sale list in advance before it is actually available for buyers.

What do you do with almost US$4 billions defense budget? Maybe massage with happy ending!!! Here is the address of foreign military sale.

Defense Security Cooperation Agency
2800 Defense Pentagon
Washington, DC 20301-2800
USA

Telephone:
+1 (703) 697-9709

For DSCA Public Affairs Queries:
Public Affairs Queries

Email DSCA:
Info Mailbox

Web
www.dsca.mil

This is how it works. Alternatively, contact Lockheed Martin and ask them to supply military transport aircraft. Lockheed Martin will take care of everything. It took India to learn several years how American Foreign Military sale works. Now they know how to deal with it. Arabs are very special case when comes to American Foreign military sale.
Good Luck.

GUYS ANY UPDATE ON

EF FIGHTER TYPHOON (I HEARD SOMETHING ABT IT IS IT EVEN TRUE) BAF IS IN TALKS FOR RAF EX EF

J10 C

Back
Top Bottom