What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

52 Mi 17
12 Bel 212
4 AW 139
2 AW 119
4-6 Bell Jetranger helis.

Total 16 fixed wing aircraft around 70 Helicopters. Not bad. Not Bad at all
Are these figure include future acquisition? Fifty two Mi-17 seems over the board for current BAF. Other sources says, BAF has currently 31 Mi-17/171sh

I know getting these are a long way off (or some would say not possible), but glamour shots are always good to watch...

6TlH8nc.jpg

8cdcd42dcac31e99199406.jpg
8cdcd42dcac31e9919d70a.jpg

Sounds like you're complaining to vacuum of black holes.

Did you ask Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, Mitsubishi or Embraer to submit RFI or RFP to Bangladeshi procurement department or DGDP?
I still don't know why Bangladesh is always stuck in cheap Excess Defense Article? It takes very long time to settle access defense article because those items directly comes from military then defense contractors decommission them and put on hold. Some excess defense articles are put on sale list in advance before it is actually available for buyers.

What do you do with almost US$4 billions defense budget? Maybe massage with happy ending!!! Here is the address of foreign military sale.

Defense Security Cooperation Agency
2800 Defense Pentagon
Washington, DC 20301-2800
USA

Telephone:
+1 (703) 697-9709

For DSCA Public Affairs Queries:
Public Affairs Queries

Email DSCA:
Info Mailbox

Web
www.dsca.mil

This is how it works. Alternatively, contact Lockheed Martin and ask them to supply military transport aircraft. Lockheed Martin will take care of everything. It took India to learn several years how American Foreign Military sale works. Now they know how to deal with it. Arabs are very special case when comes to American Foreign military sale.
Good Luck.
well for one. brand new is definitely not our ball game yet... US ambassadors have proposed bangladesh on buying from them recently but our govt. told them we will buy if it's affordable... pfft

that's why we are stuck to EDA

I know getting these are a long way off (or some would say not possible), but glamour shots are always good to watch...

6TlH8nc.jpg

8cdcd42dcac31e99199406.jpg
8cdcd42dcac31e9919d70a.jpg
You're high on drugs. See a doctor. Buy a men's health magazine to improve deficiencies.

You're high on drugs. See a doctor. Buy a men's health magazine to improve deficiencies.

LOL!

Even with the delays in getting a new fighter.

You would think the F-7 will need replacement at some point.

In your honest non trolling opinion what do you think BAF will end up buying?

LOL!

Even with the delays in getting a new fighter.

You would think the F-7 will need replacement at some point.

In your honest non trolling opinion what do you think BAF will end up buying?
BAG( not BAF ) is a day dreamer and incompetent organization. Today they ask for Eurofighter Typhoon which cost almost US$200m a piece tomorrow they ask for $50m J-10. Eurofighter Typhoon Tranche 1 would cost $80m+.
Consider $.3.87B budget. If you allocate at least at least $1B out of that money then you can get good size bang for bucks. But I wouldn't bet anything when comes to Bangladesh military. We are dealing with bounce of people who doesn't know what they're doing and obviously doesn't care about national security or defense policy. If you try to help them they think otherwise. It's like my little brother who has mind of his own, demand after hours action when I am at work during business hours.
How are you gonna integrate Chinese and Russian radar, comms and command post with Eurofighter Typhoon. You have only one Leonardo Ground Master to be installed in one geographic location.
Now you realize BAG doesn't know what are they doing? Isn't Typhoon a pipedream? Find oil reserves like the Arabs.

Last edited:
BAG( not BAF ) is a day dreamer and incompetent organization. Today they ask for Eurofighter Typhoon which cost almost US$200m a piece tomorrow they ask for $50m J-10. Eurofighter Typhoon Tranche 1 would cost $80m+.
Consider $.3.87B budget. If you allocate at least at least $1B out of that money then you can get good size bang for bucks. But I wouldn't bet anything when comes to Bangladesh military. We are dealing with bounce of people who doesn't know what they're doing and obviously doesn't care about national security or defense policy. If you try to help them they think otherwise. It's like my little brother who has mind of his own, demand after hours action when I am at work during business hours.
How are you gonna integrate Chinese and Russian radar, comms and command post with Eurofighter Typhoon. You have only one Leonardo Ground Master to be installed in one geographic location.
Now you realize BAG doesn't know what are they doing? Isn't Typhoon a pipedream? Find oil reserves like the Arabs.

Maybe so.

But answer the question.

What do YOU think BAF will FINALLY buy?

Maybe so.

But answer the question.

What do YOU think BAF will FINALLY buy?
Nothing. If they wanted to buy. They would have done so. There are many opportunities in Europe and America to buy fighter jets. Manufacturers are crying to sale fighter jets. Even bend over to sale the fighter jets.
Line of credit available from BAE Systems, Saab Defense, Leonardo, Sukhoi and Chengdu. Lockheed Martin is desperately lobbied to sale F-16V to Taiwan. Boeing is lobbying to Canada and India to sale advanced Super Hornet.
My answer is same. BAG would not buy fighter jet. I am happy to be proven wrong.

Nothing. If they wanted to buy. They would have done so. There are many opportunities in Europe and America to buy fighter jets. Manufacturers are crying to sale fighter jets. Even bend over to sale the fighter jets.
Line of credit available from BAE Systems, Saab Defense, Leonardo, Sukhoi and Chengdu. Lockheed Martin is desperately lobbied to sale F-16V to Taiwan. Boeing is lobbying to Canada and India to sale advanced Super Hornet.
My answer is same. BAG would not buy fighter jet. I am happy to be proven wrong.

So the F-7 is the last fighter in BAF service?

So the F-7 is the last fighter in BAF service?
I guess so. Look how many years you're posting comments here. During the time, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, India and Myanmar placed order of fighter jets and manufacturers delivered them promptly. With a big exception Bangladesh.
If Bangladeshi private sector starts to lobby like Indian TASL, Reliance and Adani then things may change. I don't know Bangladeshi private sector so I can't tell anything about that.

I guess so. Look how many years you're posting comments here. During the time, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, India and Myanmar placed order of fighter jets and manufacturers delivered them promptly. With a big exception Bangladesh.

What?

Oct. 2016 is my first post here.

Most of those countries you listed havn't bought anything since then with the exception of Myanmar and the Phillipines.

Choosing and buying a fighter takes time.

I agree the BAF is waaaaaay behind.

But to say the F-7 is it......is stupid.

Something will be bought.

My question was simply what YOU think it will be.

What?

Oct. 2016 is my first post here.

Most of those countries you listed havn't bought anything since then with the exception of Myanmar and the Phillipines.

Choosing and buying a fighter takes time.

I agree the BAF is waaaaaay behind.

But to say the F-7 is it......is stupid.

Something will be bought.

My question was simply what YOU think it will be.
Myanmar 16 JF-17 and Six Su-30
India 36 Rafale + Su-30MKI
Philippine FA-50
Indonesia 11 Su-35
Pakistan JF-17 Block II
Thailand Gripen
Vietnam Su-30

I cannot answer the question for the sake of BS because I don't have access to the mind of morons.

Anyways guy ignore this fanny, got some news...
Hard shelter hangers are being made in all the major bases of the country... these will also b temperature controlled.
If we aren’t going to buy stuff, why are we making these? And no, you can’t store any5hing bigger than a fighter jet in each hangers

Hard shelter hangers are being made in all the major bases of the country... these will also b temperature controlled.
If we aren’t going to buy stuff, why are we making these? And no, you can’t store any5hing bigger than a fighter jet in each hangers
Well that was supposed to be going on for a awhile.

Have they completed it in any of the bases?

A Chinese company was given the contract for first two bases.

Thats how govt officials work in Bangladesh. They make project, invite tender, receive bribes and make money before they retire. It does not matter whether they have fighter or not to store in those hangers.

Back
Top Bottom