Fighter Mig-29 F-7
Units 1 2
Theory 16 32
Real 8 36
Attack Yak-130 L-39
Units 1 1
Theory 16 16
Real 13 7

I have recently done statistics for air force in the world. BD air force does not even fullfill its three squadron fighters?

Fighter Mig-29 F-7
Units 1 2
Theory 16 32
Real 8 36
Attack Yak-130 L-39
Units 1 1
Theory 16 16
Real 13 7

I have recently done statistics for air force in the world. BD air force does not even fullfill its three squadron fighters?

Yes you are more or less correct.

8 early model Mig-29

15 F-7BG

16 F-7 BGI

I'm not sure how many original F-7MB are still in service. Maybe around 8?

13 Yak-130

8 K-8W

7 L-39

And there we have it.

Yes you are more or less correct.

8 early model Mig-29

15 F-7BG

16 F-7 BGI

I'm not sure how many original F-7MB are still in service. Maybe around 8?

13 Yak-130

8 K-8W

7 L-39

And there we have it.
I have done the statitcs not only based on numbers but also units, in this way it is more correct, because if there is a new unit formed or cancelled, it is more likely to become a news and wide spread. With this study method, we know that BD air for have 1 unit for mig-29, the 8th squadron, but the number is not fullfilled, so we can easily get a conlucison that BD air force may complement it in near future. For F-7, there are 2 unit, and the news that BD air force has bought two squadron of F-7BG(I)is well-known, so we can safely say BD air force may have retired almost all of its F-7MB. If there is no more new unit formed or planed, BD air force will not buy more than 8 new fighters in the near future.

With the same method, I have got the conclusion that Myanmar has one unit of F-7 replaced by JF-17 and cancelled one unit of A-5, while Indian may have only 30 combat sqaudrons in action though 42 in paper

I have done the statitcs not only based on numbers but also units, in this way it is more correct, because if there is a new unit formed or cancelled, it is more likely to become a news and wide spread. With this study method, we know that BD air for have 1 unit for mig-29, the 8th squadron, but the number is not fullfilled, so we can easily get a conlucison that BD air force may complement it in near future. For F-7, there are 2 unit, and the news that BD air force has bought two squadron of F-7BG(I)is well-known, so we can safely say BD air force may have retired almost all of its F-7MB. If there is no more new unit formed or planed, BD air force will not buy more than 8 new fighters in the near future.

With the same method, I have got the conclusion that Myanmar has one unit of F-7 replaced by JF-17 and cancelled one unit of A-5, while Indian may have only 30 combat sqaudrons in action though 42 in paper

1 half strength squadron of Mig-29.

One squadron each of F-7BG and BGI.

I've seen pics of the F-7MB and infact one crashed off the coast of Chittagong as late as 2015 I beleive.

They may still be in service but not sure.

The others are trainers for the most part; the Yaks having their own squadron.

I'm not sure about the K-8W and L-39 although the latter are on their way out supposedly when the new K-8W arrive.

As for new units being formed?

I hope so.

They are apparently upgrading Cox's Bazar and building 2 new airbases in Barisal and Sylhet.

One would think if Forces Goal 2030 is valid and their goal of 10 squadrons is actually for real, you should be seeing some activity reflecting that.

I, for one am highly skeptical.

Also, good luck in your efforts with the research and tabulating numbers.

They’re operating more patrols from base to base and trying to bring up inactive bases into peak operational capacity. Their recent activities suggest they’re not lying around to rot away

I’ve noticed the LETs are flying a lot on flightradar 24.

Perhaps preparing for the new C-130J?

235 more posts to be created for BAF Base Zahurul Haque

The government is going to create 235 additional posts for the Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) Base Zahurul Haque in Chattogram. At the same time, the post of the chief of the air base would be upgraded to Air Commodore from the existing Group Captain, say government sources.

Recently, the Secretary Committee on Administrative Improvement Affairs recommended creation of the 235 new posts, the sources added. At present, there are 415 posts in the BAF base.

Of the 235 posts, one post of Air Commodore, four posts of Group Captain, seven posts of Wing Commander, 16 posts of Squadron Leader, three posts of Flight Lieutenant, 35 posts of Master Warrant Officer and 47 posts of Senior Warrant Officer would be created, said the proposal sent recently to the Finance Division from the defence ministry. The Finance Division has approved the proposal for creating the new posts.

But it has advised to appoint people in some posts like muajjin, cook, mess waiter, ward boy and gardener through outsourcing after taking the necessary permission from the authorities concerned in this regard.

According to the proposal, the authorities concerned are going to change the name of ‘Air Force Training Wing’ to ‘Biman Sena Proshikhan Pratisthan’ (Airmen Training Institute). The Secretary Committee on Administrative Improvement affairs has recently recommended the change of the name.

The Air Force Training Wing, which is running under this air base, is providing training to airmen since 1975. Since then, it has been functioning to build the main working force of BAF and developing supervisors of different levels.

So far, more than 28,000 trainees from home and abroad have been successfully completed their training from this wing, which has also trained personnel from the Bangladesh Army, Navy and the Sri Lankan Air Force.

http://m.theindependentbd.com/post/...BdtZJ57bxP-dn0DLi9QPltBlCuVMZ4yv-WBV-teOvJkFI

235 more posts to be created for BAF Base Zahurul Haque

The government is going to create 235 additional posts for the Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) Base Zahurul Haque in Chattogram. At the same time, the post of the chief of the air base would be upgraded to Air Commodore from the existing Group Captain, say government sources.

Recently, the Secretary Committee on Administrative Improvement Affairs recommended creation of the 235 new posts, the sources added. At present, there are 415 posts in the BAF base.

Of the 235 posts, one post of Air Commodore, four posts of Group Captain, seven posts of Wing Commander, 16 posts of Squadron Leader, three posts of Flight Lieutenant, 35 posts of Master Warrant Officer and 47 posts of Senior Warrant Officer would be created, said the proposal sent recently to the Finance Division from the defence ministry. The Finance Division has approved the proposal for creating the new posts.

But it has advised to appoint people in some posts like muajjin, cook, mess waiter, ward boy and gardener through outsourcing after taking the necessary permission from the authorities concerned in this regard.

According to the proposal, the authorities concerned are going to change the name of ‘Air Force Training Wing’ to ‘Biman Sena Proshikhan Pratisthan’ (Airmen Training Institute). The Secretary Committee on Administrative Improvement affairs has recently recommended the change of the name.

The Air Force Training Wing, which is running under this air base, is providing training to airmen since 1975. Since then, it has been functioning to build the main working force of BAF and developing supervisors of different levels.

So far, more than 28,000 trainees from home and abroad have been successfully completed their training from this wing, which has also trained personnel from the Bangladesh Army, Navy and the Sri Lankan Air Force.

http://m.theindependentbd.com/post/...BdtZJ57bxP-dn0DLi9QPltBlCuVMZ4yv-WBV-teOvJkFI

Nonsensical waste of money. Unless and until there is a coherent role for BAF not a single taka should be spent on this useless outfit.

The whole thing sounds like a joke.... air commodore, squadron leaders....
How many squadron of assets do we have...

In terms of airframes in service? No.
This increase in number only indicates a Desk clerk Force.

I wonder if BAF should hire some consultants or something to clean up and make more efficient their operation.

Perhaps get some folks from RAF or a private entity to help or something.

I wonder if BAF should hire some consultants or something to clean up and make more efficient their operation.

Perhaps get some folks from RAF or a private entity to help or something.
BAFs fleet & inventory shouldn't require large number of personnel, let even so many high ranking officials. BD airspace isn't that big, nor we need to counter our adversaries 1 on 1.

A potent air force were never impossible to build, considering we had history with both RAF & PAF.

But keeping the rank happy & fat has more priority here. Your post has merit, but BAF establishment is just.... you know.

Last edited:
BAFs fleet & inventory shouldn't require large number of personnel, let even so many high ranking officials. BD airspace isn't that big, nor we need to counter our adversaries 1 on 1.

A potent air force were never impossible to build, considering we had history with both RAF & PAF.

But keeping the rank happy & fat has more priority here. Your post has merit, but BAF establishment is just.... you know.

Yea I’m just a Bengali immigrant to the US looking at it from a detached semi objective viewpoint.

But I acknowledge what you are saying completely.

It’s quite a shame.

All of the five C-130Js of Bangladesh Air Force are to be delivered by the end of 2019. Source:-IHS Jane's

I hate the roundels and flag.

Just seems so out of place in that color scheme.

But otherwise great news!

I’ve noticed the LETs are flying a lot on flightradar 24.

Perhaps preparing for the new C-130J?
:)

I hate the roundels and flag.

Just seems so out of place in that color scheme.

But otherwise great news!
Color scheme of these new ones are off to me.
Anyways there are plans to have at least 12 of c130s for various operations.
Word is they want to have the capability to deploy special forces within 4 within country or 48 hours world wide.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom