What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

2018 was just an anomaly dude.
It was 438 million US dollars in 2016 and 320 million dollars in 2017.

2010 - 2018 import spending comes to about the same between MM and BD....and MM has like 3 times less ppl. Malaysia same period is about half that of BD...with 5 times less people.

So yah @Marine Rouge opex % argument makes lot of sense.

If you look at what BD imports and what is the official procurement budget, you will have the answer.

Post it here (sources) then for the other years (finalized achieved...rather than projections based on "upcoming/expected" deals that never materialised...except for 100 page threads here).

100 mil 2018 and 150 mil projected for 2019 makes fine sense.

Currently BD makes small arms, patrol vessels and manpads at home - this and other bits and pieces is what is counted in the official budget for procurement.

Yeah thats the 50? mil left over in 2018. Chump change.

Honestly I do not even understand why you argue with someone like me who is very adept at mathematics.

You provide zero back-up....apparently SIPRI is a big conspiracy for you lol. Very adept. This has ZILCH to do with math....and the status of your maths among your lot should reflect in your lots average income in UK/US. It really doesn't for a reason.

@Nilgiri

The two Type-056 corvettes by themselves this calendar year come to at least 200 million US dollars. BD will have of course imported lots of other stuff this calendar year.
Why you keep arguing with me on this?
Just admit I am right again and just move on.

@Nilgiri

The two Type-056 corvettes by themselves this calendar year come to at least 200 million US dollars. BD will have of course imported lots of other stuff this calendar year.
Why you keep arguing with me on this?
Just admit I am right again and just move on.

The second batch of two corvettes was ordered on 21 July 2015 to China.[27] Construction of the ships began on 9 August 2016.[28] The third ship of the class, Shongram (F113), was launched on 12 February 2018.[29] The fourth ship of the class, Prottasha (F114) was launched on 8 April 2018.[30] The Bangladesh Navy has received the final two Shongram and Prottasha corvettes. The corvettes were handed over to the service on 28 March and arrived at the naval base in Chittagong on 27 April, said ISPR. [31]

Yes everything happens in just one year...that too the delivery year lol.

Any more brainwaves to make up for lack of BD sources on FINAL defense imports per year outside of what shows up at SIPRI?

The second batch of two corvettes was ordered on 21 July 2015 to China.[27] Construction of the ships began on 9 August 2016.[28] The third ship of the class, Shongram (F113), was launched on 12 February 2018.[29] The fourth ship of the class, Prottasha (F114) was launched on 8 April 2018.[30] The Bangladesh Navy has received the final two Shongram and Prottasha corvettes. The corvettes were handed over to the service on 28 March and arrived at the naval base in Chittagong on 27 April, said ISPR. [31]

Yes everything happens in just one year...that too the delivery year lol.

Any more brainwaves to make up for lack of BD sources on FINAL defense imports per year outside of what shows up at SIPRI?

Dude, if I have time tomorrow, I will make a list of all the major ticket items imported from 2014-2018.

@Nilgiri

Ok. Here goes all the quick search major ticket items that have gone into service for all branches of BD from 2014-2018 and the price is also included:

BA

1. 2 regiments of FM-90 for BA. That is 6 batteries and the cost is 120 million US dollars.
2. 1 Casa C-295 for 30 million US dollars
3. 5 Mi-17 for 50 million US dollars

BN

1. 2 Type-056 corvettes. Total cost is 200 million US dollars
2. 2 Type-035G submarines. Total cost is 200 million US dollars

BAF

1. 24 Yak-130s were signed for a total price of 800 million US dollars. 16 were procured finally for approximately 500 million US dollars
2. 9 K-8Ws for 80 million US dollars
3. 2 AW139 helicopters for 20 million US dollars

I have also left out lots of other stuff like the 2 second hand frigates brought from China and APCs from Turkey as it was not easy to find the cost.

So just this quick search on internet gives a grand total of 1200 million US dollars which comes to 240 million US dollars per year.
If you look at what the BD official defence budget procurement would have been for the period it would have come to less than 500 million US dollars. 5 years ago, before the ToT from China to build Patrol vessels and MANPADs came into effect I think the procurement budget was around 50 million dollars a year and BD had signed a billion dollar loan with Russia for military purchases in 2013, most of which have now been delivered(24 Yak-130 reduced to 16 in the end)!

Dude, admit my far superior mathematical ability has destroyed your arguments totally on this thread and can now bow out like the little champ that you are!:enjoy:

Last edited:
@Nilgiri

Ok. Here goes all the quick search major ticket items that have gone into service for all branches of BD from 2014-2018 and the price is also included:

BA

1. 2 regiments of FM-90 for BA. That is 6 batteries and the cost is 120 million US dollars.

BN

BAF

1. 24 Yak-130s were signed for a total price of 800 million US dollars. 16 were procured finally for approximately 500 million US dollars

I have also left out lots of other stuff like the 2 second hand frigates brought from China and APCs from Turkey as it was not easy to find the cost.

So just this quick search on internet gives a grand total of 1200 million US dollars which comes to 240 million US dollars per year.
If you look at what the BD official defence budget procurement would have been for the period it would have come to less than 500 million US dollars. 5 years ago, before the ToT from China to build Patrol vessels and MANPADs came into effect I think the procurement budget was around 50 million dollars a year and BD had signed a billion dollar loan with Russia for military purchases in 2013, most of which have now been delivered(24 Yak-130 reduced to 16 in the end)!

Dude, admit my far superior mathematical ability has destroyed your arguments totally on this thread and can now bow out like the little champ that you are!:enjoy:

Nothing out of line with what SIPRI has if you know how ramps work for payment.

Again 100 mil realised in 2018 and 150 mil projected for 2019 is fully in line with BD govt figures. There is no conspiracy here, there is no "accounted elsewhere" BS.

The funniest catch 22 for your position is it just proves how worthless LDC BD is if so.

Now go work on putting your math to work earning more than the black caribbeans and haitians do.

BN

BAF

In total comes to about 1.2 billion USD?

SIPRI for time period (2014 - 2018) has 1.7 billion.

So you even got .5 billion to research and post to make up difference.

Again has zilch to do with assuming average realised import level will only ever ramp up each year in some concocted conspiracy-based emotion of yours and that "things are accounted outside waaaah".

Please re-acquaint yourself with @TopCat basics:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/military-spending-increases-slightly.623016/#post-11542791

Everything that going to be spend is in the budget. where is the separate fund? Even foreign loan and grant is in the budget.

There can not be anything outside of budget.... if it says 150 million then it is 150 million.

Govt cant just randomly borrow money and give it to the army to purchase arms. Even if it was done in a contingency basis, will be reflected in the revised budget at year end. It must be shown in expenditure.

SIPRI for time period (2014 - 2018) has 1.7 billion.

Yes as I have some other things to do with my time and spent around 15 mins googling that info.:partay:

You are one dude who thinks he is far more intelligent that he really is - you know without good aptitude in mathematics, understanding in nearly any other area is severely limited. Life is not fair I know.:(

Rest of your post is worthless to even think about replying to.

:DAnyway I am out of this now little champ.

@Nilgiri

BA

BN

BAF

Your expenditure toward Arms buying is minuscule compared to your whole total budget, you said this data from 2014-2018, but several item is come from deals in 2012. Vietnam spend more than you lot, even with comparable budget and economy size, heck even Myanmar bought and build more items indigenously more than you lot.

Your expenditure toward Arms buying is minuscule compared to your whole total budget, you said this data from 2014-2018, but several item is come from deals in 2012. Vietnam spend more than you lot, even with comparable budget and economy size, heck even Myanmar bought and build more items indigenously more than you lot.

To make it easy I am just using what came into service from 2014-2018.
As SIPRI says it was 1700 million US dollars in total.

The interesting thing about BD is the budget pretty much is going up in real terms at the same rate as the economy(7-8% a year) and so much more massive sums will be available next decade both to import and also to make arms at home.

@Nilgiri

BA

BN

BAF

Missed out one thing that all the acquisitions are long term installment debt.

I see tumble weeds in this thread........

Just a quick question.

Is there any reason BD only spends about 1.2% GDP on defence?

Do you guys think that may increase?

Even to 1.5%?

@UKBengali @Arthur @Michael Corleone and any others I am too lazy to tag.

Just a quick question.

Even to 1.5%?

It is 1.5% when you include arm purchases as they are not included in the official defence budget.

1.5% will in due course be sufficient as the economy is over 300 billion US dollars and growing at 8% a year now - BD tends to keep overall defence budget at 1.5% of GDP.

Just a quick question.

Even to 1.5%?

If Bangladesh wants any relevancy on the international scene they need to build themselves up both militarily and economically so they can be taken seriously. Bangladesh is still widely seen as just as another 3rd world country, and that has been the fact for its entire history and will be for the foreseeable future until they are able to affirm some sort of power or dominance. The Rohingya Crisis was the golden opportunity for that but it seems that they did not take that opportunity.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom