What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Not true.. Russia still has a lot of technology which even Americans will buy. Russia historically is a military nation (a$$hole in true sense) and there is no reason they will not be in the future. They need scary weapons to keep control of 1/3rd of entire globe's land mass.

OK. Can you give me as list what they can offer China in the military aerospace field?

OK. Can you give me as list what they can offer China in the military aerospace field?
They bought SU-35, S-400 for a reason... I will by SU-57 over J-20 anyday. Their space program still a long way ahead of China who still uses Russian rocket technology. I can name hundreds of projects where China cant come close. How many helicopter variant China can offer? Could BD buy a aircraft from China other than F-7 which is also a Mig-21?

Engine for one. China has so far only copied russian engines.

China to date has not developed any tech that we know off by itself. This is not the case with US or Russia.

China is expanding its scientific base and is spending a lot of money on R&D. It will take time for them to catch up when it comes to cutting edge. It will happen in time.

They bought SU-35, S-400 for a reason... I will by SU-57 over J-20 anyday. Their space program still a long way ahead of China who still uses Russian rocket technology. I can name hundreds of projects where China cant come close. How many helicopter variant China can offer? Could BD buy a aircraft from China other than F-7 which is also a Mig-21?

SU-35 is more to do with Chinese wanting to compare their fighters with Russian ones - they did not buy any more than 24 which tells you that they do not consider it much better than what they have.
S-400 is world's best SAM no doubt and China are still playing catch up in this field.
SU-57 is acknowledged failure and even the Russians are not buying it.

Engine for one. China has so far only copied russian engines.

China to date has not developed any tech that we know off by itself. This is not the case with US or Russia.

China is expanding its scientific base and is spending a lot of money on R&D. It will take time for them to catch up when it comes to cutting edge. It will happen in time.

J-20 uses Chinese engines now - WS-15 will equalise the engine tech between China and Russia.

SU-35 is more to do with Chinese wanting to compare their fighters with Russian ones - they did not buy any more than 24 which tells you that they do not consider it much better than what they have.
S-400 is world's best SAM no doubt and China are still playing catch up in this field.
SU-57 is acknowledged failure and even the Russians are not buying it.
China is catching up for sure.. but its advantage so far is what Stalin had in 40's, are the numbers. China got great economy and great many people which itself make it a super power.

China is catching up for sure.. but its advantage so far is what Stalin had in 40's, are the numbers. China got great economy and great many people which itself make it a super power.
We feel shame. a country cannot produce its own weapons, even all weapons need to be imported. This is a shame for China! This is why when China buy SU-35 and S-400. the Chinese people feel sad.

But even so. we don't have to wait too long time. China made weapon is enough to maintain the third military power in the world(not rely on Su-35 and S-400). we just accumulate industrial capital. This is completely different from other countries imported weapons.

Last edited:
We feel shame. a country cannot produce its own weapons, even all weapons need to be imported. This is a shame for China! This is why when China buy SU-35 and S-400. the Chinese people feel sad.

But even so. we don't have to wait too long time. China made weapon is enough to maintain the third military power in the world(no't rely on Su-30 and S-400). we just accumulate industrial capital. This is completely different from other countries imported weapons.

Why did China buy SU-35? It makes no sense to buy that!

Why did China buy SU-35? It makes no sense to buy that!
the J-20 production capacity is insufficient (CAC produces J-10, J-10C, J-20, JF17, JF-17 Block II and Block III at the same time). For example. in 2018, CAC delivered 75 J-10C to the PLAAF. This year, China need to deliver more JF-17 to Pakistan (total 62).

China is clearly on its way up.

There is no question about that.

In regards to BAF, I of course am a proponent of a Western/Chinese mix.

If CAATSA is a factor here, then what do you think BAF will do?

It clearly needs and desires new aircraft.

What will the consequences be, if China doesn't buy Su-35?

From my recollection, the SU-35 purchase was being negotiated for quite some time until it acutally happened.

The main motivation might have been for China to get access to the engine and other Russian goodies.

However, as time went on, and advances were made on the Chinese side, the main motivation may have been to acquire the SU-35 and see how it compares to Chinese types.

As time goes on, China will have less and less of a need for Russian gear and in fact the Russians may end up buying Chinese at some point in time.

From my recollection, the SU-35 purchase was being negotiated for quite some time until it acutally happened.

The main motivation might have been for China to get access to the engine and other Russian goodies.

However, as time went on, and advances were made on the Chinese side, the main motivation may have been to acquire the SU-35 and see how it compares to Chinese types.

As time goes on, China will have less and less of a need for Russian gear and in fact the Russians may end up buying Chinese at some point in time.
What will the consequences be, if Bangladesh or India doesn't buy fighters from foreign countries?

And what will the consequences be, if China doesn't buy Su-35?

Do you know the the difference?

What will the consequences be, if Bangladesh or India doesn't buy fighters from foreign countries?

And what will be consequences be, if China doesn't buy Su-35?

Do you know the the difference?

Bangladesh and India are dependent on foreign countries for any military aircraft.

In 2019, China much less so if at all.

Bangladesh and India are dependent on foreign countries for any military aircraft.

In 2019, China much less so if at all.
In short, if China doesn't buy Su-35, it is also OK to China.

Only co-operation between China and Russia is in civil field - Russia has nothing to offer China in the military aerospace field.
and yet china buys russian aerospace products to improve its own designs
there are plans even to buy su57 now.... perhaps it was designed by the chinese and bought by the russians according to your thoughts?

not saying china is inferior... in fact superior in any fields like cyberspace... aerospace is still a field china is not superior to russia... maybe on par with russia nowadays but not superior

Back
Top Bottom