What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...ia-on-aviation-safety-icao-audit-2983411.html

Should be the last guy asking me for “evidence” xD

I’m not blaming America for anything. Russian arms export is under embargo and it’s unlikely we will break the rules if we’re offered alternatives. What made me switched sides!? Let’s just say “evidence” XD

Anyways options are all on the table, political stance and interest will seal the fate of the fighter deal.

Russian jets are also being actively pushed by many seniors in the air force... su35 is being requested but defence ministry (sheikh hasina) rejected it once on cost ground.... and is asking the air force to provide long term cost effective platform that wouldn’t be obsolete in a decades time.
It will be pitched alongside EFT/ su-30 as can be heard from Air Force officials

Only EU fighter that BD can really afford is Gripen.
Eurofighter and Rafale are too expensive to purchase and operate.
Major problem is that it has an US engine and not sure if US would allow export to BD.

SU-30SME is most likely out as BD cannot afford US sanctions.

@Avicenna : You think US would allow BD to buy Gripen?

Russian jets are also being actively pushed by many seniors in the air force... su35 is being requested but defence ministry (sheikh hasina) rejected it once on cost ground.... and is asking the air force to provide long term cost effective platform that wouldn’t be obsolete in a decades time.
It will be pitched alongside EFT/ su-30 as can be heard from Air Force officials

This??

upload_2018-9-25_20-25-14.png

Only EU fighter that BD can really afford is Gripen.
Eurofighter and Rafale are too expensive to purchase and operate.
Major problem is that it has an US engine and not sure if US would allow export to BD.

SU-30SME is most likely out as BD cannot afford US sanctions.

@Avicenna : You think US would allow BD to buy Gripen?

I think if Bangaldesh ever approached the US for access to the Gripen, they would probably try to sell F-16s from the boneyard refurbished first.

I really don't know how realistic all this is.

The only way it can make sense is if the US sees Bangaldesh in a different light given bigger circumstances in the region.

Also it would require Bangladesh to essentially come under the US sphere vis a vis China.

Only in that respect do I see approval of anything to Bangladesh.

Also, off topic, I wonder how the Phillipines can entertain the Gripen or used F-16s for the requirement and somehow Bangladesh can't for any naysayers out there.

I think if Bangaldesh ever approached the US for access to the Gripen, they would probably try to sell F-16s from the boneyard refurbished first.

I really don't know how realistic all this is.

The only way it can make sense is if the US sees Bangaldesh in a different light given bigger circumstances in the region.

Also it would require Bangladesh to essentially come under the US sphere vis a vis China.

Only in that respect do I see approval of anything to Bangladesh.

Also, off topic, I wonder how the Phillipines can entertain the Gripen or used F-16s for the requirement and somehow Bangladesh can't for any naysayers out there.

Phillipines was a US colony and up until fairly recently a semi protectorate. They have access to the US in a manner that we do not.

This non sensical US sanctions complicates matters enormously for BAF. Russian birds are quite clearly out of question. BAF needs to lock down Chinese jets as a priority and then look for an western option.

I see silver lining in this. Although the way BAF is I don't think US sanction matter. Before any decision is made trump would have completed his second term....

listen china kid, so you would keep your investment safe instend of helping people who are being killed. wow , it shows a lot of chinese mindset. i am happy that the japanese commited genocide aganist your people in ww2.
@UKBengali
Why do you blame everything on China? Did China kill them? You don’t blame the perpetrators but instead a country which has nothing to do with the “genocide”. And now you go as far as to say you are happy for what the Japanese did to innocent Chinese people. If you blame someone just because they didn’t do everything they could have to help someone else, I can blame BD for not stopping the Japanese invasion of China, the Mongolian invasion of China, and every other bad thing that has ever happened in China. China provides BD an opportunity to become developed and have a BD miracle just as China had its China miracle, but all China gets are nothing but attacks. Sometimes I wonder why China still help these ungrateful undeveloped countries. It should just let them become nothing but a market for other countries to plunder. That’s right, in the eyes of others countries like BD are nothing but emerging markets, not even normal countries.

This is NOT the place to discuss political affairs, this section is strictly related to the air arm of the armed forces of Bangladesh.
I shall delete the off-topic posts, and please heed my warning or more stringent action will follow e.g. a ban.

Bangladesh Air Force issues tender for an advanced Air Craft Aresting barrier than can stop an aircraft in less than 500 feet or around 150m .The system should be completely Remote controlled and would be controlled by the ATC tower . And it should be from USA/UK/Russia/Japan?Turkey/EU Countries (NOT CHINA ) and should be compatible to F-7 , Yak-130 , L-39 ,k-8w and Mig-29.

http://dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/2537.pdf

For now, let them...
Hide your strength, bide your time? And revenge when you can?

Will BD get the new Chinese light fighter?

and what is china doing.

then why china veto aganist bangladesh in the UN?
Because what is happening is the internal affairs of Myanmar. If BD were Myanmar, China would also veto.

Does BD plan to obtain fifth gem fighter?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom