What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

okay, just forget about what others are throwing at us..... and take the conversation on training....

how many types of fighter aircraft can our pilots fly?..... you would need several years to make a good pilot on a specific type of aircraft, right?.... but it doesn't take that long to deliver an aircraft, right?.... and if the aircraft is already existing, it would require only enough time to fly in, right?.....

having pilots trained on several types of aircraft is a lot more powerful deterrent than a single type of fighter squadron....
Russian and Chinese fighters mostly. In the 90s pilots were trained in f-16 but that’s about it. Heard BAF officers were sent along with navy officials to France but wouldn’t scratch my head around it

Russian and Chinese fighters mostly. In the 90s pilots were trained in f-16 but that’s about it. Heard BAF officers were sent along with navy officials to France but wouldn’t scratch my head around it

hmm, right.... but there are certain things that are well left to speculation only.... I believe you understand what I mean.... just take a look at the severe response this post attracted.... :)

BD pilots were never trained for f-16 in 90's.

BD pilots were never trained for f-16 in 90's.
Riyaz was, in turkey.

I didn't want to reply to this thread but such an idiotic post deserves a reply.
To retain knowledge and skills, a fighter jet pilot must fly his/her designated fighter aircraft minimum 17-20 flying hours per month plus the war games.
Currently, all modern air force maintain 17 flying hours per month.
This is dedicated fighter squadron hours. Some pilots even scores more hours by flying training aircraft to maintain edge on the flying skills.
You can fly sukhoi or j-10 once a year but that doesn't make anybody pilot. This is exactly why Bangladeshi pilots crashed more aircraft than other regional air force.
You are sending your pilot to Rapid Action Battalion and UN peace support mission that's why crashed aircraft.
Think simply, you have to work on a profession regularly to maintain skills whether you are an accountant or a doctor or a pilot.

The main reason Indian Air Force is stressed that they train everyday which has positive side. One of the reasons IAF bought Rafale is that Rafale's availability for service is 75% compared su-30's 55% availability. So that the IAF pilots can fly more and train hard for combat readiness.
Same for MAF, RTAF, RMAF and PAF. These guys train on real combat aircraft.

You can fly K-8 and Yak-130 but you will never be combat ready. Key word is combat ready.
I wonder where you’re getting your crash figures from, any legitimate source?

Riyaz was, in turkey.

I wonder where you’re getting your crash figures from, any legitimate source?

Bangladeshi Press and Digital Media
You would not be surprised that people has mobile phone with camera and they publish the accident before ISPR says anything.
There are even video records of K-8 pilots sparodic maneuvers before crashing the aircraft which I will post on right time in this forum.

You can ask your people to delete all the photos from their phones or delete them from the content provider. Google keeps cache content, that would be main problem.
Sajeeb Wazed doesn't like press freedom but you can access internet in America. Nobody switch off Facebook or Twitter or WhatsApp to suppress students in other parts of the world.

It will always be leaked to internet. Pilots family said that they came back from UN mission before crashing the K-8 aircraft and died on accident.

No BS at all.

You would not be surprised that people has mobile phone with camera and they publish the accident before ISPR says anything.
There are even video records of K-8 pilots sparodic maneuvers before crashing the aircraft which I will post on right time in this forum.

You can ask your people to delete all the photos from their phones or delete them from the content provider. Google keeps cache content, that would be main problem.
Sajeeb Wazed doesn't like press freedom but you can access internet in America. Nobody switch off Facebook or Twitter or WhatsApp to suppress students in other parts of the world.

It will always be leaked to internet. Pilots family said that they came back from UN mission before crashing the K-8 aircraft and died on accident.

No BS at all.

So much interest in BD affairs from a "non-Bangladeshi"...

I didn't want to reply to this thread but such an idiotic post deserves a reply.
To retain knowledge and skills, a fighter jet pilot must fly his/her designated fighter aircraft minimum 17-20 flying hours per month plus the war games.
Currently, all modern air force maintain 17 flying hours per month.
This is dedicated fighter squadron hours. Some pilots even scores more hours by flying training aircraft to maintain edge on the flying skills.
You can fly sukhoi or j-10 once a year but that doesn't make anybody pilot. This is exactly why Bangladeshi pilots crashed more aircraft than other regional air force.
You are sending your pilot to Rapid Action Battalion and UN peace support mission that's why crashed aircraft.
Think simply, you have to work on a profession regularly to maintain skills whether you are an accountant or a doctor or a pilot.

The main reason Indian Air Force is stressed that they train everyday which has positive side. One of the reasons IAF bought Rafale is that Rafale's availability for service is 75% compared su-30's 55% availability. So that the IAF pilots can fly more and train hard for combat readiness.
Same for MAF, RTAF, RMAF and PAF. These guys train on real combat aircraft.

You can fly K-8 and Yak-130 but you will never be combat ready. Key word is combat ready.
Now this one is a very good post, Raihan. Indeed, flying J-10s or F-16s a few times don't make you competent flyers of those platforms.

BAF is trying to plug the shortfall in flying hours on fighter aircraft with trainers but this is not good enough.

China said Friday it was "outraged" over U.S. economic sanctions against a Chinese military agency and its director over the purchase of Russian fighter jets and surface-to-air missile equipment, and demanded the U.S. cancel the measure. Few Weeks earlier USA also threatened India for avoid to buy s400 from Russia otherwise they will also have to face economic sanctions. So on the basis of this circumstances BD has only the way to buy MRCA from China or West.

No BS at all.
but this is no legitimate excuse to the original source that i asked for to back up your claim that BAF has the highest crash rate among regional airforce....

but this is no legitimate excuse to the original source that i asked for to back up your claim that BAF has the highest crash rate among regional airforce....
Be innovative.. Calculate the (Total No of Crash)/ (No of total flying hours). You cant crash a plane while sitting on the tarmac.

Be innovative.. Calculate the (Total No of Crash)/ (No of total flying hours). You cant crash a plane while sitting on the tarmac.
speaking of being "innovative" where are you getting your flight data from?
irony is the suggestion is coming from people of the least innovative country

India lost 264 aircraft from 2000 to 2015.... for ex. So provide me a legitimate figure with source...

Bangladesh Air Force is a semi-professional air guard. You cannot consider F-7 AKA Mig-21 as a fighter jet.
India is putting them on the shelf. Nigeria tried to used them against Boka Haram, it didn't work. So they fail back to A-29 and JF-17.
As far as the statistics concerned, please look at logo and pilots photo.
Bangladesh Air Guard crashed Yak among all Yak operators. Russia crashed few of them because the technical issues. And Yak is Russian junk anyway.
Bangladesh Air Guard crashed K-8, PT-6 and Cesna.
The most important fact is that Bangladesh Air Guard crashed aircraft and helicopters at low visibility situation either at night or at fog. This tells me that the pilots and instructors aren't trained to fly at night and dont have flying skills using instruments.

Bangladesh Air Force is a semi-professional air guard. You cannot consider F-7 AKA Mig-21 as a fighter jet.
India is putting them on the shelf. Nigeria tried to used them against Boka Haram, it didn't work. So they fail back to A-29 and JF-17.
Bangladesh Air Guard crashed Yak among all Yak operators. Russia crashed few of them because the technical issues. And Yak is Russian junk anyway.
The most important fact is that Bangladesh Air Guard crashed aircraft and helicopters at low visibility situation either at night or at fog. This tells me that the pilots and instructors aren't trained to fly at night and dont have flying skills using instruments.

Legitimate point.

What is the avg yearly flying hours of a BAF pilot would you say in that time period (2000 - 2015)?
@polanski have the data, i am waiting to hear from him

sums up your bs claims

all of the crashes have been technical faults and have been compensated for by russia....
what's your point? crashes are never supposed to happen? might as well keep the airframes in the hangar... zero crash rate that way

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom