What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Usually based out of Chittogong? Do we know how many F-7MB they fly?

Trendsetters 25 SQN is based in Base BangaBandhu in Dhaka AFAIK. No idea on how many F-7MB but should be a full SQN with a couple of FT-7MBs, unless they lost a few hulls....

Looks like they deputed some to CXB but in preparation for what? :azn:

36748639_1175950075881367_8072765120188514304_n.jpg

Trendsetters 25 SQN is based in Base BangaBandhu in Dhaka AFAIK. No idea on how many F-7MB but should be a full SQN with a couple of FT-7MBs, unless they lost a few hulls....

Looks like they deputed some to CXB but in preparation for what? :azn:

36748639_1175950075881367_8072765120188514304_n.jpg

The info out there is incorrect I believe.

I use scramble.nl as a reference but they seem to have No. 25 Sqdrn based outta Chittagong and mixed with L-39 and FT-7 which clearly isn’t the case.

Then I read another source (I forget exactly where) which states about 8-10 F-7MB currently in service.

One recently crashed a few years ago soon after take off as I recall from Chittagong.

As for Bangabundhu, No.5 and No. 35 are based there with the -BG and BGI as well as the Fulcrum half squadron.

The info out there is incorrect I believe.

I use scramble.nl as a reference but they seem to have No. 25 Sqdrn based outta Chittagong and mixed with L-39 and FT-7 which clearly isn’t the case.

Then I read another source (I forget exactly where) which states about 8-10 F-7MB currently in service.

One recently crashed a few years ago soon after take off as I recall from Chittagong.

As for Bangabundhu, No.5 and No. 35 are based there with the -BG and BGI as well as the Fulcrum half squadron.

You are right - F-7 BGI's are definitely based out of Dhaka....don't know about MB's.

But why do L-39 have 25sq Trendsetter markings then? See:
https://www.baf.mil.bd/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/L-39-1.png

I think that used to be the case where L-39 was part of No.25 but since the K-8 where introduced I think the L-39 was merged with their squadron.

So this may be an old pic.

But truthfully I don’t know.

The stuff I have read is conflicting.

https://www.docdroid.net/file/downl...r-force-elefsis-airforces-monthly-2017-04.pdf

This article is from April 2017.

Indeed, a puzzle. By the way, the L-39s still had these markings December 2017.
Also, the L-39 in the article has a 25sq badge too.
If they operate along the K-8, then why not apply a proper 15sq emblem?

Indeed, a puzzle. By the way, the L-39s still had these markings December 2017.
Also, the L-39 in the article has a 25sq badge too.
If they operate along the K-8, then why not apply a proper 15sq emblem?

Good question, who knows?

I think maybe the L-39 are on their way to retirement and thus they don’t care to update the markings.

The second batch of K-8W is most likely a direct replacement for the remaining L-39.

It would also make sense that whatever new fighter aircraft BAF plans to buy is a replacement for the remaining F-7MB.

The Bangladesh Air Force has been authorized to raise new fighter squadrons and reorganise existing units to facilitate its expansion under Armed Forces Goal 2030.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, also holding the Defence Minister’s portfolio has tasked the BAF top brass with coming up with a 40 year masterplan to modernise the force ensuring an effective deterrence capability against perceived threats.

https://goo.gl/FXqofY

Good question, who knows?

I think maybe the L-39 are on their way to retirement and thus they don’t care to update the markings.

The second batch of K-8W is most likely a direct replacement for the remaining L-39.

It would also make sense that whatever new fighter aircraft BAF plans to buy is a replacement for the remaining F-7MB.

I concur. It seems L-39's and F-7MB's have outlived their tenure in BAF. Probably will be sold to restorers and airshow related private parties in the West. Could end up at Chino (near my neck of the woods).

সংসদে আনিসুল হক
আকাশ প্রতিরক্ষায় ক্ষেপণাস্ত্র সংযোজন হবে
নিজস্ব প্রতিবেদক, ঢাকা
১১ সেপ্টেম্বর ২০১৮, ২০:৩২
আপডেট: ১১ সেপ্টেম্বর ২০১৮, ২৩:০৮

f9f055d71609f99048a4185f1943e75d-59e3045d87d2b.jpg

আইনমন্ত্রী আনিসুল হক। ছবি: প্রথম আলোসংসদ কাজে প্রতিরক্ষা মন্ত্রণালয়ের দায়িত্বপ্রাপ্ত মন্ত্রী আনিসুল হক বলেন, দেশের প্রতিরক্ষা ব্যবস্থাকে শক্তিশালী করতে বর্তমানে ‘ফোর্সেস গোল ২০৩০’ বিভিন্ন ধাপে চলমান আছে। এর আওতায় সেনাবাহিনীর জন্য বিভিন্ন নতুন ইউনিট সংযোজন, নৌবাহিনীর জন্য চট্টগ্রাম ড্রাইডকে আধুনিক ফ্রিগেট তৈরি, বিমানবাহিনীর জন্য বঙ্গবন্ধু অ্যারোনটিক্যাল সেন্টার ও মাল্টিরোল কমব্যাট এয়ারক্রাফট এবং আকাশ প্রতিরক্ষাব্যবস্থার জন্য আধুনিক ক্ষেপণাস্ত্র সংযোজনের বিষয়টি চলমান আছে।

আজ মঙ্গলবার সংসদে মামুনুর রশীদের প্রশ্নের জবাবে আনিসুল হক এ কথা বলেন। প্রশ্নোত্তরের আগে বিকেল পাঁচটার পর স্পিকার শিরীন শারমিন চৌধুরীর সভাপতিত্বে সংসদের অধিবেশন শুরু হয়।

নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরীর এক সম্পূরক প্রশ্নের জবাবে আনিসুল হক বলেন, বঙ্গোপসাগরে জরিপ কাজ চালানোর জন্য একটি বিশেষায়িত জাহাজ কেনার কাজ চলছে। সেটি আসার পর সাগরে ডিজিটাল ম্যাপিংয়ের কাজ শুরু হবে।

নিজাম উদ্দিন হাজারীর প্রশ্নের জবাবে শামসুর রহমান শরীফ বলেন, ২০০৯ সাল থেকে এ পর্যন্ত সারা দেশে মোট ২ লাখ ৭৬ হাজার ৩৪৯ জন ভূমিহীন কৃষককে ১ লাখ ৪৫ হাজার ৭৩১ একর কৃষিজমি বরাদ্দ দেওয়া হয়েছে।

সানজিদা খানমের প্রশ্নের জবাবে বিমান ও পর্যটনমন্ত্রী এ কে এম শাহজাহান কামাল বলেন, চাহিদার আলোকে বিমানের রুট সম্প্রসারণের জন্য বিমানবহরে নতুন প্রজন্মের চারটি বোয়িং-৭৮৭ উড়োজাহাজ কেনার জন্য বোয়িং কোম্পানির সঙ্গে চুক্তি হয়েছে। চুক্তি অনুযায়ী ইতিমধ্যে একটি বোয়িং বিমান বহরে যুক্ত হয়েছে। আগামী নভেম্বরে আরও একটি বোয়িং যুক্ত হবে। বাকি দুটি যুক্ত হবে ২০১৯ সালে। এ ছাড়া একটি ড্যাশ-৮ উড়োজাহাজ এ মাসে বিমান বহরে যুক্ত হবে। আরও তিনটি ড্যাশ-৮ ২০২০ সালে যুক্ত হবে।

উম্মে রাজিয়ার প্রশ্নের জবাবে বিমানমন্ত্রী বলেন, বর্তমানে দেশে পাঁচটি বিমানবন্দর পরিত্যক্ত অবস্থায় আছে। এগুলোর মধ্য অন্যতম ঈশ্বরদী, ঠাকুরগাঁও, শমশের নগর ও কুমিল্লা বিমানবন্দর।

নবী নেওয়াজের প্রশ্নের জবাবে শাহজাহান কামাল বলেন, নোয়াখালী, বাগেরহাট ও পটুয়াখালী জেলায় তিনটি বিমানবন্দর নির্মাণের পরিকল্পনা সরকারের রয়েছে। এ জন্য বাগেরহাট জেলায় ভূমি অধিগ্রহণের কাজ শুরু হয়েছে। নোয়াখালীতে একটি এয়ারস্ট্রিপ আছে। সেটিকে উন্নয়নের মাধ্যমে বিমানবন্দরে রূপান্তর করা হবে।

ইয়াসিন আলীর প্রশ্নের জবাবে মুক্তিযুদ্ধবিষয়ক মন্ত্রী আ ক ম মোজাম্মেল বলেন, রাজাকার, আল বদর ও মানবতাবিরোধীদের তালিকা প্রকাশের বিষয়ে উদ্যোগ গ্রহণ করা হয়েছে। অচিরেই এই তালিকা প্রকাশ করা হবে।
https://www.prothomalo.com/bangladesh/article/1557146/আকাশ-প্রতিরক্ষায়-ক্ষেপণাস্ত্র-সংযোজন-হবে

Good to see a 4th gen fighter pilot in charge. Hopefully he will place fighter procurement on afterburner.

Side notes:
Our government agencies need to stop using bread toasters to tape videos.

And please stop with the retarded songs in military videos.

chief mentions to the airmen that our next fighter will be cost effective...
mig 35 (i don't think so atm) /j-10
any other guesses?

Good to see a 4th gen fighter pilot in charge. Hopefully he will place fighter procurement on afterburner.

Side notes:
Our government agencies need to stop using bread toasters to tape videos.

And please stop with the retarded songs in military videos.
these are BTV yaba dealers!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom