What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Bangladesh and Russia are enhancing defence cooperation. BD delegation in Russia.
35521322_10204608370845383_6452349194349838336_n.jpg
35629048_10204608372525425_2657541689056428032_n.jpg
35474712_10204608370925385_5032697103831269376_n.jpg
35824619_10204608371005387_3218938431979651072_n.jpg

Remember delegation going to Russian last year but there was no proof? These pictures above are from then, aircrafts will start to be delivered from 2019, ie after the elections

I hope you are correct.

But as I see it BAF lacks doctrine and vision. 2030 vision is no longer applicable. Nations around us are modernising we are doing nothing. I hate to be negative but BAF leadership needs to be sacked and we need to start afresh.

I hope you are correct.

But as I see it BAF lacks doctrine and vision. 2030 vision is no longer applicable. Nations around us are modernising we are doing nothing. I hate to be negative but BAF leadership needs to be sacked and we need to start afresh.
The new BAF chief is a certified su-30 pilot, he completed his training in 30 hours of flight time. He’s to implement the goal laid out by esrar, so now it’s just a matter of time until we see results.

Does he still think that (that you are just me specifically) when other BD members are starting to not support that? :P .... I wonder how much time he has spent complaining to the mods by this point to try get you banned/deleted....must be a lot. Poor guy, you didn't take his ABC test!...why do you have to be so nasty like that?

Can we have some humility?

You have just come back from yet another ban
and doing the same thing as before.

BAF signed the contract for a second squadron of K-8Ws...
35671741_10204616125999257_8424059111032750080_n.jpg

K8 Jet Trainer

Bangladesh and China on Wednesday signed a contract to procure training aircrafts for Bangladesh Air Force,

The signing ceremony to procure K-8W Jet trainer aircrafts was held at Air Headquarters at Dhaka Cantonment under a government-to-government mechanism as part of implementing Forces Goal-2030.

Newly appointed chief of air staff Air Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat was present at the ceremony.

The contract was signed by assistant chief of air staff (Planning) Air Vice Marshal M Sanaul Huq and Liu Jianhai, vice president of CATIC on behalf of Bangladesh and China respectively, said an Inter Services Public Relations release.

Among others, representatives of Air Headquarters, Armed Forced Division and Foreign Ministry were present in the ceremony.

China ambassador in Bangladesh Zhang-Zuo and president CATIC also were present at the ceremony.

BAF has been flying K-8W Jet Trainer aircraft since 2014.

Source: newagebd.net

If BD is going to buy aircraft that needs US approval, it may as well go for the Gripen E.
This has a newer design and so will be competitive for longer and also has the advantage of being even cheaper than F-16 to operate and maintain.

As for SU-35, as long as Government gives BAF the funds then it is absolutely possible.

isn't the Gripen E using the same GE F414 engine as used in Super Hornet and Tejas mkii?.... getting a Super Hornet engine would not be too different from getting a Super Hornet..... how much guarantee is there that there will not be any strings attached to GE F414 engine?

C-130Js for Bangladesh Air Force
Bangladesh has selected the UK’s Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group to modify a pair of ex-Royal Air Force-operated Lockheed Martin C-130Js and provide long-term support for the tactical transports.

Announced by Marshall on 10 May, the deal will include work in designing, developing and installing a new medical evacuation fit for Dhaka’s Hercules. This will “enable the Bangladesh air force to carry out important tasks within the country and overseas delivering support to UN missions,” the Cambridge-based company says.

BAF.jpg

Marshall says it will provide a “total support solution” to the Asia-Pacific nation, including aircraft maintenance, engineering and logistics services and spare parts. This will “ensure the effective operation of the fleet”, it adds.

The Bangladesh air force says the ex-RAF transports will provide “a key enhancement to our current airlift capability… as we prepare to take the step from the B- to J-model.” Flight Fleets Analyzer records the service as currently using four C-130B/Es, aged between 56 and 58 years. The UK’s surplus “Super Hercules” are on average 19 years old, it shows.

The RAF has already retired its five short-fuselage C-130Js, having focused its operations on the stretched -30 model, 19 of which remain in use. One of its surplus airlifters has already been bought by the US Navy and will be employed in support of its Blue Angels aerobatic display team, where it will replace an aged T-model transport.

our air force is becoming more like Transport & Trainer Air Force hahahaha
i want to see some real deal

Almost all of what is being posted here is either speculation or disinfo planted by the deep state. BAF must remain a trainer, chopper and transport force. Senior officers are very happy promoted to AMs, ACMs, etc without an inventory to justify. MRCA, Submarine and Battle Tank are offensive / attacking eqpt. In our threat perception study recently adopted in the Staff College, Mirpur, we got no enemy to attack!?! Therefore, no MRCA. No more MBTs after one regt was delivered. And a lot of explanations had to be provided for acquiring the daddu / aged subs. Still to be sure, anti-sub eqpt were almost immediately supplied to Burma by our only ally / bandhu India!?!

Almost all of what is being posted here is either speculation or disinfo planted by the deep state. BAF must remain a trainer, chopper and transport force. Senior officers are very happy promoted to AMs, ACMs, etc without an inventory to justify. MRCA, Submarine and Battle Tank are offensive / attacking eqpt. In our threat perception study recently adopted in the Staff College, Mirpur, we got no enemy to attack!?! Therefore, no MRCA. No more MBTs after one regt was delivered. And a lot of explanations had to be provided for acquiring the daddu / aged subs. Still to be sure, anti-sub eqpt were almost immediately supplied to Burma by our only ally / bandhu India!?!

How does BAF intend to protect the skies of BD without modern fighters? They are also needed defensively.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom