What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

But, the famous @Bilal9 thinks I am an Indian, because I used some words, which ones I do not remember, only Indians use. This shows his own failure to grasp the twists in the international language, although I find his English writing better than average. But, Bangladesh people are now-a-days encouraged to forget English.
Judging by your English alone, you’re Bangladeshi confirmed.

lol @ butt-hurt.

He is either a false flagger, account is hacked or is mentally unstable.

Stop tagging morons will ya!:lol:
Are not you the one who tags himself with a British flag? I do not see you have any knowledge about a modern and developed country although you claim you reside in the UK. A hypocrite of highest degree.

Bangladesh getting delivery of Italian London range servelance radar next month. It's a selex RAT31DL 500 km radar will be install in Barisal airbase .
Screenshot_2018-06-16-11-30-40.png

It seems i am blacklisted on that forum T.T; can you post it here? :angel::angel:
Nah, they know my user id very well... people tried to taint my image, using my quotes from this forum... I don’t want to share info shared there. It’s an invite only forum

Considering the current defence budget of Bangladesh, would Bangladeshi Air Force consider 24 F-16 C/D through excess defense article (EDA). Trump administration may approve weapon sale considering his track record as off now. Anything against Russian has a possibility of an approval. Trump famously said in a meeting that f$ck Obama policy. Bangladeshi Air Force can upgrade those aircrafts at TAI and ASELSAN turkey or can be upgraded by Lockheed Martin before handing over to Bangladesh.

Vietnam is considering F-16 and P3C from EDA. The sale would occur under the Department of Defense’s Excess Defense Articles program, which provides used U.S. military equipment to partner nations at a reduced price. Vietnam seeks deals similar to ones the United States gave to Taiwan and Indonesia, according to the the source.
Source The Diplomat.

BTW, like @jhungary says. Anyone who doubt my flag is more than welcome to see me next time I visit Singapore. I will ride your back!

Considering the current defence budget of Bangladesh, would Bangladeshi Air Force consider 24 F-16 C/D through excess defense article (EDA). Trump administration may approve weapon sale considering his track record as off now. Anything against Russian has a possibility of an approval. Trump famously said in a meeting that f$ck Obama policy. Bangladeshi Air Force can upgrade those aircrafts at TAI and ASELSAN turkey or can be upgraded by Lockheed Martin before handing over to Bangladesh.

Vietnam is considering F-16 and P3C from EDA. The sale would occur under the Department of Defense’s Excess Defense Articles program, which provides used U.S. military equipment to partner nations at a reduced price. Vietnam seeks deals similar to ones the United States gave to Taiwan and Indonesia, according to the the source.
Source The Diplomat.

BTW, like @jhungary says. Anyone who doubt my flag is more than welcome to see me next time I visit Singapore. I will ride your back!

BAF apparently wants new builds.

As much as US kit has traditionally been superior, there are alot of strings attached with it.

BAF will likely go the Chinese or Russian route as usual.

Although I personally favor a mixed East West split buy.

Would be great to maybe get EDA F-16s and new build SU-35.

One can dream....

BAF apparently wants new builds.

As much as US kit has traditionally been superior, there are alot of strings attached with it.

BAF will likely go the Chinese or Russian route as usual.

Although I personally favor a mixed East West split buy.

Would be great to maybe get EDA F-16s and new build SU-35.

One can dream....

If BD is going to buy aircraft that needs US approval, it may as well go for the Gripen E.
This has a newer design and so will be competitive for longer and also has the advantage of being even cheaper than F-16 to operate and maintain.

As for SU-35, as long as Government gives BAF the funds then it is absolutely possible.

If BD is going to buy aircraft that needs US approval, it may as well go for the Gripen E.
This has a newer design and so will be competitive for longer and also has the advantage of being even cheaper than F-16 to operate and maintain.

As for SU-35, as long as Government gives BAF the funds then it is absolutely possible.

I wonder if part of the problem is a lack of vision. I don't know. It's easy for us living room generals to make pronouncements but we REALLY don't know the content of conversations and the thoughts that exist behind closed doors amongst those who actually make the decisions.

However, from the outside, it is fairly apparent BD CAN AFFORD a more capable air force. Certainly, from the level that currently exists. I really think a shift needs to take place where there needs to be more sourcing from the West. The Gripen would be wonderful. I can not see any political barriers to obtaining it. BD isnt some pariah state. The obvious problem is of course finances. But that being said, I do think its an affordable option if the political will is there to obtain it. The SU-35 also should be obtainable. Once Russia sees BD has Western options, the stunt that MiG apparently pulled no longer becomes a problem. Russia will be more than happy to sell Bangaldesh the Su-35.

http://www.janes.com/article/80943/saab-s-gripen-positioned-for-philippines-fighter-requirement

Learn how to place a tender from this BAF!

Last edited:
I wonder if part of the problem is a lack of vision. I don't know. It's easy for us living room generals to make pronouncements but we REALLY don't know the content of conversations and the thoughts that exist behind closed doors amongst those who actually make the decisions.

However, from the outside, it is fairly apparent BD CAN AFFORD a more capable air force. Certainly, from the level that currently exists. I really think a shift needs to take place where there needs to be more sourcing from the West. The Gripen would be wonderful. I can not see any political barriers to obtaining it. BD isnt some pariah state. The obvious problem is of course finances. But that being said, I do think its an affordable option if the political will is there to obtain it. The SU-35 also should be obtainable. Once Russia sees BD has Western options, the stunt that MiG apparently pulled no longer becomes a problem. Russia will be more than happy to sell Bangaldesh the Su-35.

http://www.janes.com/article/80943/saab-s-gripen-positioned-for-philippines-fighter-requirement

Learn how to place a tender from this BAF!

I think that BAF really messed up the tender but will have learnt from this. You never ever design a tender where only one party can meet the requirement as then you give up your buyers leverage.

Advanced fighters are coming from Russia and/or China. I am not sure if the Gripen will be feasible as the USN really wants a base in BD and the Trump administration may insist on this, which would be a definite no-no for BD.

I think that BAF really messed up the tender but will have learnt from this. You never ever design a tender where only one party can meet the requirement as then you give up your buyers leverage.

Advanced fighters are coming from Russia and/or China. I am not sure if the Gripen will be feasible as the USN really wants a base in BD and the Trump administration may insist on this, which would be a definite no-no for BD.

We are making assumptions. At least float an appropriate tender and invite SAAB into the discussion.

We are making assumptions. At least float an appropriate tender and invite SAAB into the discussion.

I do not have much confidence in BD political and military leadership to go Western in the next 5-10 years.
Their best chance to lobby in Washington for arms was over the Rohingya issue and they have done a big fat zero on this as far as can be seen. With the prevailing disgust in Western capitals over the Rohingya atrocities and cleansing, and this to me was genuine humanitarian concern, BD had the chance to ask for US technology but did not take it.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom