What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

How does BAF intend to protect the skies of BD without modern fighters? They are also needed defensively.

Judging BAF by performance and doctrine, they are not planning to defend BD skies.

Very sad but true. BAF is unfit for purpose.

Judging BAF by performance and doctrine, they are not planning to defend BD skies.

Very sad but true. BAF is unfit for purpose.

I wish I knew what is happening with BAF.
Let us wait till 2019.

I wish I knew what is happening with BAF.
Let us wait till 2019.

BAF has unfortunately not taken any step whatsoever in the last two decade to develop any capacity. It is beyond a joke.

BA and BN is developing own Ariel capacity. It is time in my opinion to sack and disband BAF in its current state and start again. It is rotten to the core and blaming the government does not explain such profound ineptitude.

BAF has unfortunately not taken any step whatsoever in the last two decade to develop any capacity. It is beyond a joke.

BA and BN is developing own Ariel capacity. It is time in my opinion to sack and disband BAF in its current state and start again. It is rotten to the core and blaming the government does not explain such profound ineptitude.

I agree that the leadership of BAF is the worse by far.
However even a squadron of decent modern fighters costs at least one billion US dollars.
BAF does need government clearance before it can go out and buy fighters.
It looks like they totally messed up the tender last year and the Russians tried to take advantage by insisting on the crappy Mig-35, before they would release SU-30SME. I am glad that BD stuck to its guns as they need a fighter that can take on both the Barman savages and the Hinduvta fanatics.
It is very frustrating that AL has not yet brought a single modern fighter in 9 years in power but I get the feeling that both J-10C and SU-30SME contracts will be signed next year. AL morons feel they cannot antagonise India before the elections are over.

I agree that the leadership of BAF is the worse by far.
However even a squadron of decent modern fighters costs at least one billion US dollars.
BAF does need government clearance before it can go out and buy fighters.
It looks like they totally messed up the tender last year and the Russians tried to take advantage by insisting on the crappy Mig-35, before they would release SU-30SME. I am glad that BD stuck to itsi guns as they need a fighter that can take on both the Barman savages and the Hinduvta fanatics.
It is very frustrating that AL has not yet brought a single modern fighter in 9 years in power but I get the feeling that both J-10C and SU-30SME contracts will be signed next year. AL morons feel they cannot antagonise India before the elections are over.

Let us hope you are correct.

Two reserve fuel tanks of a Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) fall down on a paddy field!

Two reserve fuel tanks of a Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) aircraft fall down on a paddy field in Nabinagar upazila of Brahmanbaria on August 8, 2017. Photo: Star

Star Online Report

Farmers were working peacefully on a farmland in Brahmanbaria today when a loud noise of something very heavy falling from the sky shattered the serenity and spread panic among them.

After a while, the same terrifying thud again; and none had any other option but to run away.

brahmanbaria-biman-tank-pic-2-web.jpg

The two empty - 14 to 15 feet long - fuel tanks fell down from the aircraft in Nilnagar village around 11:00am on August 8, 2017. Photo: Star
This was the state of affairs when two reserve fuel tanks of a Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) aircraft fell down on a paddy field in Nabinagar upazila of Brahmanbaria, a local correspondent reports quoting police.

The two empty - 14 to 15 feet long - fuel tanks fell down from the aircraft in Nilnagar village around 11:00am but no one was injured in the incident.

On information, police recovered the tanks and brought it to the Nabinagar Police Station, Aslam Sikder, officer-in-charge of the police station said.

People could have died if two of the tanks dropped on any residence, said Abdur Rouf, chairman of Zinodpur union parishad.

Two reserve fuel tanks of a Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) fall down on a paddy field!

Two reserve fuel tanks of a Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) aircraft fall down on a paddy field in Nabinagar upazila of Brahmanbaria on August 8, 2017. Photo: Star

Star Online Report

Farmers were working peacefully on a farmland in Brahmanbaria today when a loud noise of something very heavy falling from the sky shattered the serenity and spread panic among them.

After a while, the same terrifying thud again; and none had any other option but to run away.

brahmanbaria-biman-tank-pic-2-web.jpg

The two empty - 14 to 15 feet long - fuel tanks fell down from the aircraft in Nilnagar village around 11:00am on August 8, 2017. Photo: Star
This was the state of affairs when two reserve fuel tanks of a Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) aircraft fell down on a paddy field in Nabinagar upazila of Brahmanbaria, a local correspondent reports quoting police.

The two empty - 14 to 15 feet long - fuel tanks fell down from the aircraft in Nilnagar village around 11:00am but no one was injured in the incident.

On information, police recovered the tanks and brought it to the Nabinagar Police Station, Aslam Sikder, officer-in-charge of the police station said.

People could have died if two of the tanks dropped on any residence, said Abdur Rouf, chairman of Zinodpur union parishad.
Dropping tanks is normal...

BAF is a demoralised and rudderless force. Dear god, let’s start over. There is no reason for this liability to continue. I don’t care who gets into power GOB needs to take control. Put BA or BN in charge of BAF. Sack the leadership.

BAF is a demoralised and rudderless force. Dear god, let’s start over. There is no reason for this liability to continue. I don’t care who gets into power GOB needs to take control. Put BA or BN in charge of BAF. Sack the leadership.

I would not discount fifth columnists' involvement either in all these events. Incompetence is not the only cause.

Traitors are everywhere and we have become fat, lazy and non-complacent. I had one BAF guy tell me one of the RAW plants was a ab-initio trainer in Jessore and used to go meet with his 'handler' every Sunday outside town to pass on details. He eventually got caught. There were others with high-power SSB radios with encrypted transmission channels. Nowadays everyone can use encrypted apps for communication of course.

Why aren't we watching these traitors, so-called Muslims-in-name-only or Hindus themselves? If you back-stab the country of your birth as a fifth columnist - you deserve nothing but the electric chair...

There were plenty of RAW plants everywhere in BAF. They need to be found out and rooted out.

Also, we need to plant our own plants inside IAF operations and do a way better job than we are doing at present. Especially along border airbases. Money can do wonders....

I would not discount fifth columnists' involvement either in all these events. Incompetence is not the only cause.

Traitors are everywhere and we have become fat, lazy and non-complacent. I had one BAF guy tell me one of the RAW plants was a ab-initio trainer in Jessore and used to go meet with his 'handler' every Sunday outside town to pass on details. He eventually got caught. There were others with high-power SSB radios with encrypted transmission channels. Nowadays everyone can use encrypted apps for communication of course.

Why aren't we watching these traitors, so-called Muslims-in-name-only or Hindus themselves? If you back-stab the country of your birth as a fifth columnist - you deserve nothing but the electric chair...

There were plenty of RAW plants everywhere in BAF. They need to be found out and rooted out.

Also, we need to plant our own plants inside IAF operations and do a way better job than we are doing at present. Especially along border airbases. Money can do wonders....

Do you know what happened to the traitor?

I don’t disagree with anything you say. But what capacity does BAF actually have that would bother anyone.

What are our military intelligence doing? We can not blame BAL for everything. The military has a duty of care and need to keep their house in order.

BAF is pathetic due to lack of vision. As I said someone need to take charge at the moment it is lame duck.

We literally have hundreds of trained pilots for whom we have spent close to £500k to train who can not realistically be utilised for anything. As the rohingya debacle has proved BA and BN is on their own.

It’s time to rethink. If BAF can not protect our skies let BA and BN build up a missile force that would do the job within and beyond our border.

BAF really needs to justify its existence at this point and not be a clown of the region by developing capacities like aerobatics when it has no defensive or offensive capacities.

Last edited:
Do you know what happened to the traitor?

Nope never found out. The BAF dude was a retired guy...but the point is BAF is rife with RAW plants. They have penetrated our defense apparatus with single-minded intent. Chaiwala is sparing no expense to keep us in check because this is crucial for them.

But what capacity does BAF actually have that would bother anyone.
Well even defensively it needs to develop deterrents. A country of 160 million cannot let its Air Force be an Air Farce. You cannot let foreigners walk all over you and dictate your defense doctrine. Sometimes its better to purge and clean house and start over....

It’s time to rethink. If BAF can not protect our skies let BA and BN build up a missile force that would do the job within and beyond our border.
Well SHORAD and Tactical Missiles can only do partial jobs from Army standpoint. But as we have seen from the recent conflicts in Syria and Afghanistan, air superiority has an extremely important role to play....drone or no drone.

One could argue that what good is a multi-crore MBT (T-72S cost is about Rs.5-6 crore, whereas T-90 is about Rs.12-13 crore) when you can defeat these with a hundred dollar RPG-29 round?

For that matter - you could even defeat multi-crore low flying helis with these advanced RPG's or a baktar shikan missile which aren't too expensive.

But air superiority via high flying drone or manned aircraft has its own intrinsic value which is far greater than simple recce tasks. I will pick this discussion up at a later time.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom