What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

9c9270e7563e0eeb3a8c4cf117ab209b.jpg

People criticize a lot about trainer and transport procurement. But how much do we have actually?? Only one squadron of IJT and AJT. Even less after 2 AJT and one IJT crash. And i said previously that L-39 will be replaced. Plus C-130J will replace the C-130B/E and we require at least 12 transport ac. So our impatience critics should do some reality check before nagging about MRCA. It's already clear that they won't say anything about MRCA this year, that doesn't mean they can't buy other stuff. So why waste time crying about it every time?? After election they can start their criticism if they don't see any progress. Till then snooze for 7 months.

latest

Criticism is absolutely valid. Let’s take trainers for instance. Why bother buying any without actual jets. How long do you actually think it takes to train a fighter pilot? And do realise that you can not actually complete fighter pilot training without actual fighter jets. The yaks were a complete and utter waste of time without complementary jets.

And as to transport jets, why do we need them. To support UN mission or logistical reasons during floods etc.

First it would be cheaper to charter a jet to transport UN troops and Helios are more helpful in disaster zones than these transport planes.

BAF is run by morons. It’s leadership needs to be sacked. BAF lacks doctrine, purpose,vision or discipline. Disband it and let BAand BN take over.

There are 2-3 pilots available for each fighters AFAIK. Each AJT pilot needs at least 1/2 years training. Now how much pilots do you need for 16 fighters and how long will it take to train them?? And BAF already issued tender long ago. If the other side play democracy with selling aircraft you can't blame only BAF. Plus budget and government's eagerness also matters here.

About transport AC, why only talk about UN troop transport and disaster relief operation?? What will you do when army needs to transport huge amount of troops and equipment in case of war or big military exercise like we do in Gold Island?? Do you think only 6 transport will suffice??

There are 2-3 pilots available for each fighters AFAIK. Each AJT pilot needs at least 1/2 years training. Now how much pilots do you need for 16 fighters and how long will it take to train them?? And BAF already issued tender long ago. If the other side play democracy with selling aircraft you can't blame only BAF. Plus budget and government's eagerness also matters here.

About transport AC, why only talk about UN troop transport and disaster relief operation?? What will you do when army needs to transport huge amount of troops and equipment in case of war or big military exercise like we do in Gold Island?? Do you think only 6 transport will suffice??

The failure of BAF lies entirely with BAF. Failure in tender negotiations is no ones but BAF. They do not know what they are doing, it’s because they have no vision or strategy whatsoever.

The force have allowed degradation ofservice and have turned it into a joke. BAF has choice of going Chinese Russian or western platform. These are known variables, if plan a does not work you shift to plan b and c. Basic contingency planning. BAF failed to produce even plan a. Neither GOB or sellers can be blamed in face of BAF management Ineptitude.

As to transport planes.... what is the actual purpose of BAF. Protect BD skies. It will fail in that mission even against the monkeys. BAF will be eliminated before it has a chance to transport any troops anywhere.

Supporting war games or natural disaster is a secondary objective but BAF is currently prioritising developing a aerobatics squadron!!!!!

I am at a loss to insult these fools any further. BAF is a failed organisation and BD is damaged the longer it exists.

It really is time to go back to the drawing board. If we can not procure jets , develop an arsenal of defensive and offensive missiles until jets can be procured. Disband BAF and let BA and BN take over.

They do not know what they are doing, it’s because they have no vision or strategy whatsoever.

Look like you know everything. :rolleyes:

BAF has choice of going Chinese Russian or western platform. These are known variables, if plan a does not work you shift to plan b and c. Basic contingency planning. BAF failed to produce even plan a. Neither GOB or sellers can be blamed in face of BAF management Ineptitude.

Chinese and Russian were the Plan A, still is and always will be due to budget unless govt change the plan. And there's rumor for single engine tender. Another rumor is BAF is trying to shift to European MRCA after Russia's Mig diplomacy which can be your so called plan B. Now if you only point finger at BAF and want to overlook US sanction and Russia's mafia style business then it's pointless to argue with you.

but BAF is currently prioritising developing a aerobatics squadron!!!!!

BAF already perform aerobatics in victory day parade with K-8W. And only few trainers from the IJT squadron will participates in the aerobatics besides performing regular training.

BAF is a failed organisation and BD is damaged the longer it exists.
Disband BAF and let BA and BN take over.

:o:o_O:crazy::crazy:??? What benefit will come out form this and who will enjoy it?? It's like you cut off your whole leg because of an infection. While you people say "দুষ্ট গরুর চেয়ে শূন্য গোয়াল ভাল" i say "নাই মামার চেয়ে কানা মামা ভাল"। I wish you all critics and trolls get whooped seriously after election. :guns:

develop an arsenal of defensive and offensive missiles

They might be working on it (Bajro project).

Russia's mafia style business then it's pointless to argue with
Why did Bangladeshi Air Force Officers think that Russia will play nice with Bangladesh when they never played nice with India for 70 years. Russian blackmails Armenia, Belarus and Azerbaijan over Iskander procurements. Russia blackmailed Belarus over Buk-MB deliveries to Myanmar. Eventually Russian agreed to supply missile parts to Belarus for Buk-MB. Russia blackmailed Turkey to buy S-400 otherwise Nuclear Powerplant deal was off by the Russian. Russia blackmailed Belarus over gas prices of Gazprom. Putin didn't hesitate to turn off gas tap of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Poland.

All military transactions have a political and economic price to pay, East or West.

Maybe Bangladeshi Air Force officers are school boys so that they don't know that Russia will play mafia trick or Shiek Hasina offered a cool hand job to Putin during her 2013 visit to Moscow.
Don't blame others for your incompetence. When you invite tender, open the tender for multiplayer competition. Canada, Germany, Denmark, UK, USA, Russia, India, Malaysia, Singapore and Brazil invite multi-vendors to participate in a tender.
American allows multiple domestic vendors to participate in a tender.
You screwed up and blamed Russian for that. From the sales points of view, Russian screwed you. I think thats fairly simple equations. Wakeup and salvage whatever left.
The West will help if you seek help. Don't blame budget either because you have $3.45B to spend. The UK, Italy, France and Sweden offer credit these days not just Chinese. Heck American Citi Group may offer credit for aircraft procurement if you ask.
Stop blaming others for your misfortune. I am guessing you're a Muslim. There is a saying in Muslim faith which I heard from my Muslim colleague and she said... "God doesn't help those who doesn't help themselves". Help yourself or nobody will help you. Stop blaming Russian for your stupid act.

Why did Bangladeshi Air Force Officers think that Russia will play nice with Bangladesh when they never played nice with India for 70 years. Russian blackmails Armenia, Belarus and Azerbaijan over Iskander procurements. Russia blackmailed Belarus over Buk-MB deliveries to Myanmar. Eventually Russian agreed to supply missile parts to Belarus for Buk-MB. Russia blackmailed Turkey to buy S-400 otherwise Nuclear Powerplant deal was off by the Russian. Russia blackmailed Belarus over gas prices of Gazprom. Putin didn't hesitate to turn off gas tap of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Poland.

All military transactions have a political and economic price to pay, East or West.

Maybe Bangladeshi Air Force officers are school boys so that they don't know that Russia will play mafia trick or Shiek Hasina offered a cool hand job to Putin during her 2013 visit to Moscow.
Don't blame others for your incompetence. When you invite tender, open the tender for multiplayer competition. Canada, Germany, Denmark, UK, USA, Russia, India, Malaysia, Singapore and Brazil invite multi-vendors to participate in a tender.
American allows multiple domestic vendors to participate in a tender.
You screwed up and blamed Russian for that. From the sales points of view, Russian screwed you. I think thats fairly simple equations. Wakeup and salvage whatever left.
The West will help if you seek help. Don't blame budget either because you have $3.45B to spend. The UK, Italy, France and Sweden offer credit these days not just Chinese. Heck American Citi Group may offer credit for aircraft procurement if you ask.
Stop blaming others for your misfortune. I am guessing you're a Muslim. There is a saying in Muslim faith which I heard from my Muslim colleague and she said... "God doesn't help those who doesn't help themselves". Help yourself or nobody will help you. Stop blaming Russian for your stupid act.

This is actually a really good post.

Same with the F-16 and gripen. It's not only up to our gov't and BAF, it's also up to seller and other govt. USA is the best example. How about Qatari Typhoon deal, the price hiked after Saudi blockade.??
Here are no string attached deal for Bangladesh:
F-16, Gripen, Typhoon, Super Hornet.
Trump will sell F-16 and Super Hornet to anyone who is willing to pay. Let the vendor manage the headache not you. Set a lead time 6-12 months, they will figure out how to deliver the damn thing.
Bangladesh may not be able to pay $110m/F-16 Block 70/72 base price but can afford $70m/super hornet. Gripen E is $85m a pop and no string attached for engine. Italian variant of typhoon is cheaper than British variant but still way too expensive $120m/bird for Bangladesh. Italian are more likely to compromise to secure a order than British. But Bangladesh has better relationship with Britain. British offered $3B credit to RMAF.
Benefits of having western platforms is that you source support and armament from Canada , Australia (Super Hornet), Italy, Britain, Germany (Typhoon), Sweden (Gripen) or South Africa (Gripen), Turkey (F-16).
Don't BS me. I have been to many sales meetings than anyone in this forum. Your Kornet deal sucked because single vendor approach. You are a small buyer. You must invite multiple vendors to compete and take advantage of competition. There are many anti-tank missile manufacturers in East Europe and West. Why did you not approach Ukraine, Belarus, Serbia, Poland, France, Sweden, Bulgaria, Germany and Italy offer anti-tank missiles. Why do you suck Russian BS? Looks like bad habits and poor understanding how defense industry works. Defence Industry is a competitive market. Just place Russian in a competition and they will bend over (Example Indian MRCA) or simply run (Example Brazilian MRCA).

Trump will sell F-16 and Super Hornet to anyone who is willing to pay. Let the vendor manage the headache not you. Set a lead time 6-12 months, they will figure out how to deliver the damn thing.
Bangladesh may not be able to pay $110m/F-16 Block 70/72 base price but can afford $70m/super hornet. Gripen E is $85m a pop and no string attached for engine. Italian variant of typhoon is cheaper than British variant but still way too expensive $120m/bird for Bangladesh. Italian are more likely to compromise to secure a order than British. But Bangladesh has better relationship with Britain. British offered $3B credit to RMAF.
Benefits of having western platforms is that you source support and armament from Canada , Australia (Super Hornet), Italy, Britain, Germany (Typhoon), Sweden (Gripen) or South Africa (Gripen), Turkey (F-16).
Don't BS me. I have been to many sales meetings than anyone in this forum. Your Kornet deal sucked because single vendor approach. You are a small buyer. You must invite multiple vendors to compete and take advantage of competition. There are many anti-tank missile manufacturers in East Europe and West. Why did you not approach Ukraine, Belarus, Serbia, Poland, France, Sweden, Bulgaria, Germany and Italy offer anti-tank missiles. Why do you suck Russian BS? Looks like bad habits and poor understanding how defense industry works. Defence Industry is a competitive market. Just place Russian in a competition and they will bend over (Example Indian MRCA) or simply run (Example Brazilian MRCA).
I will take 70m for super hornet any day. It will also help us politically with USA. J-10 can back this up.

The failure of BAF lies entirely with BAF. Failure in tender negotiations is no ones but BAF. They do not know what they are doing, it’s because they have no vision or strategy whatsoever.

The force have allowed degradation ofservice and have turned it into a joke. BAF has choice of going Chinese Russian or western platform. These are known variables, if plan a does not work you shift to plan b and c. Basic contingency planning. BAF failed to produce even plan a. Neither GOB or sellers can be blamed in face of BAF management Ineptitude.

As to transport planes.... what is the actual purpose of BAF. Protect BD skies. It will fail in that mission even against the monkeys. BAF will be eliminated before it has a chance to transport any troops anywhere.

Supporting war games or natural disaster is a secondary objective but BAF is currently prioritising developing a aerobatics squadron!!!!!

I am at a loss to insult these fools any further. BAF is a failed organisation and BD is damaged the longer it exists.

It really is time to go back to the drawing board. If we can not procure jets , develop an arsenal of defensive and offensive missiles until jets can be procured. Disband BAF and let BA and BN take over.
Can’t blame them alone when good fellas were purged in BNP times. All we got now is degenerates.

Russia blackmailed Turkey to buy S-400 otherwise Nuclear Powerplant deal was off by the Russian.
Your third line proves you’re talking out of your ***.

You screwed up and blamed Russian for that. From the sales points of view, Russian screwed you.
But yes I agree with the rest

Lads, it’s been around 5-6 years that I’m with y’all in this forum on and off. It’s been over 10 years since we got something that can be called fighter jets... let’s stop speculating and bullshiting until the election is over... tbh it’s exhausting

Obviously Russia is partially responsi
miyavhai,apni ki by any chance "raihan al beruni" nakii??:p::p:

Looks like you are missing two thing. First one budget. Yes we are a small buyer cause we have small budget. Yes we can afford western aircraft but still in few amount. And about credits not only aircraft but also ammo, spares and other things matters. If there's no string attached then why we didn't get 16/20 rolls royce engine for C-130, WC-130, Phalanx CIWS for our Hamilton class cutter?? Why didn't we get permissions for arming our cutters with Otomat missile?? Are you forgetting that we need your congress approval for anything related to american military equipment?? Look how Turkey and India faced problem because of S-400 deal.

You got a wrong idea that we only buy things from Russia and China because of our officers. Let's say our army tried to buy Long range MLRS from Brazil and Turkey (according to a member here). But Turkey asked 400 million per battery. So they are back to Chinese. So like one idiot said "No money no honey".

And the second thing is i didn't talk about Kornet. I talked about buying ATGM Tigr vehicle with Russian credit which they didn't approve. Read carefully.

miyavhai,apni ki by any chance "raihan al beruni" nakii??:p::p:

That came in my mind too. :cheers:

let’s stop speculating and bullshiting until the election is over

মানবজাতির বড়ই তাড়াহুড়া। :disagree:

there are simple offer and payment systems
depends on the how we deal with it
what we are doing now blame russia for this and that blame other for this and that
we cannot afford much for the european and western planes
even indian have a hard time they are rich and have resource and also pakistan
you have money go and buy F16 BLOCK 70/72 Near to 1.6 to 2 billion USD 16 to 17 aircraft including everything :)
western and eu easy to sanction latin american one use american things also the swedish jas gripen
india has TEJAS if you want it hehehe ................
for the BEST RESULT IS CHINA J10 C BUY 2 SQUAD for NOW

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom