What's new

Bangladesh Air Force will buy 23 more K-8W trainers for dedicated acrobatic team

BN had no previous expertise with submarines so it was a logical step to get these subs. They are enough and has sufficient deterrent capabilities.

BD threat scenario is not the same as Pakistan and Thailand also have had an aircraft carrier for over a decade without planes. These three countries are not comparable.

BN progression is as per plan.... something that can not be said about BAF.

An AIP submarine like the Yuan-class can turn off their engines and sit quietly the ocean floor, virtually undetectable until an enemy ship passes overhead.

Even a single AIP submarine can scare off an entire surface fleet if they don't know its location. It's the ultimate deterrent against an enemy navy.

But would India be happy if they could no longer safety operate in the Bay of Bengal? How much pressure can India exert on Bangladesh to prevent that from happening...

An AIP submarine like the Yuan-class can turn off their engines and sit quietly the ocean floor, virtually undetectable until an enemy ship passes overhead.

Even a single AIP submarine can scare off an entire surface fleet if they don't know its location. It's the ultimate deterrent against an enemy navy.

But would India be happy if they could no longer safety operate in the Bay of Bengal? How much pressure can India exert on Bangladesh to prevent that from happening...

I would say not much..... even though even I complain and shout about current regimes subservient attitude towards India.... it is out of frustration of BD not having a military doctrine, it is simply easier to blame India. BDs current position has been caused by us ourselves. Indian influence is over exaggerated..... we are more than capable of missing opportunities to take progressive steps.

Further subs will be joining fairly soon and would probably be chinese.

Would it provoke India if Bangladesh got a real air force?
My dear sir, don't make me think that you are too much unrealistic person .
Here in PDF you know about indian trolls , don't you ?
They troll us or at least try provoking a forum battle with bangladeshi folks here .
I
I am slowly learning it because I am browsing some old threads . They surely have some agenda here . Otherwise if our folks show emotion about our country and also what we are buying for our military, why indians are too much eager to disprove bangladeshi folks?
Who gave them duty to make us stoic, rational blah blah blah ?
What our folks are doing,what is wrong or right for them , why the heck indians will poke their dirty nose ? As our guardian or big brothers? Who gave them such authority ? Surely we didn't give!
So if we ( BD) fight each others , indians will get more chance to show their audacity to dictate us . I have no idea why and what type of folks show too much interest in another county's internal matter ! What should I call them ( indian trolls) ? Fools, agents of R&AW, or just some retarded who try to join in any ceremony uninvited?

However, I am not talking about all indians ,but i was talking about some peoples who are troll by default .
Good peoples are always welcome from any country , trolls are not .
That's why I requested someone ( or some group) at least not to fight in this forum. Thank you .

Last edited:
YOu missed one point, BD cant afford to keep pilots in the air and have them enough flying hours due to budget constraints. Buying enough of low cost and low maintenance aircraft like K-8 will allow them the flexibility of have enough flying hours. We are not in immediate war scenario yet we need advance fighter plane. That does not mean we should ignore our immediate need of having our pilots in the air.

I would concede based on the issue you raised above if there was an equivalence between aircrafts. A K8 to a Mig is like a mini to a F1 racing car. It does not matter how much you fly a K8 that experience will not serve you to fly our F7 or Migs.

Our pool of trained pilots are already far too large. We need to have training assets no doubt but we have reached a situation where without new primary jets our existing backend infrastructure and training setup needs to be scaled back.

BAF should not be in this position and should have taken necessary steps to stay lean if they were expecting delays in purchase.

27021550_1596017140446806_7405121405222897449_o.jpg

Brand new k-8 spotted at jessore,these new trainers will replace our old L-39..

View attachment 450305
Brand new k-8 spotted at jessore,these new trainers will replace our old L-39..

In my opinion, they should have gone with a few Hongdu L-15 supersonic attack trainer (maybe one squadron) as a K-8W replacement. That way they'd have a serviceable SUPERSONIC light attack platform as well as a training platform. Still early days though.

Hongdu does not have export customers yet except Zambia (L-15Z), and I don't support buying a brand new platform with teething problems. like we saw with the Yak-130's. But still, if you can have a SUPERSONIC trainer, it changes a few things.

Other orders, news and expressions of interest,
  • PLAAF ordered four Hongdu L-15 trainer aircraft in April 2006.
  • Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is planning to procure Hongdu L-15 supersonic jet trainers from HAIG to replace its existing K-8 Karakorum jet trainers.
  • It was rumored in September 2013 that JL-10 might be adopted by PLAN as a carrier-based trainer but this has not been confirmed.
  • Thai Air force is seriously considering it
  • 6 L-15Z (for Zambia) upgraded AFT version (Attack/Fighter/Trainer) were ordered by Zambia in 2012. Lusaka has ordered six of the Motor Sich AI-222-25-powered aircraft and the first example – AF-001 is being flown in Zambia since 2015. These L-15Zs can carry PL-5II AAMs, LS-6 GPS/INS bombs, a belly 23mm gun pod and be used as a light attack aircraft (see below).
  • It was reported in June 2014 that Venezuela expressed the intention to acquire 24 L-15s.
  • Uruguay also showed some interest in August 2016.
SPECS:
  • Equipped with two AI-222K-25F turbofans capable of supersonic flight (up to Mach 1.4)
  • Maximum takeoff weight of 11.6 metric tons (25,573 pounds)
  • Operational range of 2,600 km (1,616 miles)
  • Small PESA fire-control radar developed by the 607 Institute has been installed (range ~75km),
  • An improved glass cockpit with three MFDs is fitted
  • HUD is installed
  • Digital fly by wire (FBW) and HOTAS flight control systems are also installed
  • six hard points of which four are located under the two wings and two outboard of the wing-tips. It can accommodate armaments/sensor/fuel payload of 3,000 kg
yourfile.jpg
07133-l-15z.jpg
Cu3_mCDWgAA0NxO.jpg:large

29yqo91.jpg
engine-contract-for-l-15-supersonic-lead-in-fighter-trainer-lift-signed-with-ukraine-ai-222-25f-features-afterburner.jpg
WxBsG.jpg
makbp2w.jpg
Cu3_jZfXgAAspV-.jpg

On the other hand - if we don't care about Supersonic speed, there's the new Textron-Lycoming Scorpion they developed with their own money. The Scorpion's per hour flight cost is relatively close to the $2,200 per hour cost of the T-6 Texan II propeller trainer. The Scorpion is designed to be affordable, with a unit cost expected to be below US$20 million (probably well under the acquisition cost of some Chinese trainers). Engines and most parts are mostly off-the-shelf EXISTING civilian and military items. No embargo needed or imposed! I expect this thing to be as practical for training and COIN roles as both the T-37 Tweet and OV-10 Bronco was.

983812.jpg

Textron_AirLand_Scorpion_pre_flight_check.JPG
1280px-FIA2014_%2815495938531%29.jpg

1000wq95-11.jpg
Light_Attack40.jpg

Textron-Scorpion-Weapons-testing-3-hellfire-missle.jpg

Releasing GBU-12
Scorpion-GBU12-960x640.jpg
avi4.jpg

Last edited:
@Bilal9

K8 trainer comes at only 8-9 million dollar per plane.
Yak-130 is 15 million dollars each.

Thanks for the info. I guess $20 Million is a bit outside of our budget then. Still -when you consider what you get, Scorpion is not a bad deal at all. But armaments inventory will balloon as we don't use US made armaments right now.

This was simply a way to think outside of the Chinese box I guess....

hey ! ! ! how dare you question BAF's brilliant plan of having its own show ? :mad: don't they have desire to show beautiful color display dance :angry: ?

Does it involve crashing into each other mid air to the tune of yakity yak? Will be fun to watch.

Out of interest does Pakistan get a proportion of the profits from the sale of the plane?

Does it involve crashing into each other mid air to the tune of yakity yak? Will be fun to watch.

Won't be funnier than your air force and navy's crash and accident.

they buy whatever India allows them to

Like they did about Ming procurement??

Would it provoke India if Bangladesh got a real air force?

Would it provoke India if China got the contract for Sonadia port?

Who cares about them?? They can thump their chest as much as they want. It was ridiculous to see their media crying about old subs. We have to put Chinese hardware on top of the list because of their cheap price. Anyway those platform will be good for training and patrol until new sub is coming as BN official stated that we will operate 6 subs in 2030. Yuan is main contender with other three new design though i would love some Amur class with vls but unfortunately it doesn't have AIP. btw this was from last Development Fair i guess showcasing a Yuan/Type-39A/S-26/20 submarine.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom