What's new

Bangladesh Air Force will buy 23 more K-8W trainers for dedicated acrobatic team

Everyday our Monitor vai opens new thread like giving sermons with bdmilitary website or facebook screenshot to give news of buying everything out there. How many of these are actually true? Cant believe these news blindly. If true then want to believe that some big things are coming. For long BD is maintaining a balance game between Russian and Chinese hardwares. Many things from Russia are coming but not that much from China, so they had to this.

Actually I hope this news is true. BAF will grow to 160 4+/5 gen fighters by 2030 and so around 100 trainers are required.

Today, in 2018, after 10 years in power awami league procured 0 4+/5 gen fighters.
BUT in next 10 years awami league will procure 160 4+/5 gen fighters??
:omghaha::omghaha: More of bricklane grocery tall tale.

Most of the fault for the condition of BAF
lies with BNP who stopped the completion of
AL order for 16+16 Mig-29s.

Show the proof that awami league had ordered 16 +16 Mig-29s??

BNP was in power for 5 years. BNP did not continue because of awami money looting from the purchase and that looted money ended up in Noor Ali building Westin hotel in Dhaka.
BUT awami league had been in power for last 10 years, why awami league did not purchase rest of of Mig 29 or any other 4+/5 gen fighters????

Not at all.
But the real problem is some shushils are in PDF and also Hollywood film war experts.
So it's hard for peoples to rely on such information , specially when such posters claimed in another thread that, other than rifles bangladesh army equipments are just junk .
Such remarks used to came from shushils of bangladesh who loved to degrade bangladesh armed forces.
Even some poets want army March with flowers .

PS: however if those remarks are authentic , at least they should make something clear when discussing in a public forum . Otherwise confusion is not unnatural !
I know what the stupid sushil OTI Bangalis talk about the military. But, pilot training is a necessary component of purchasing new planes. As far as I know, an air force needs three pilots for each plane. So, if the number of jet plane becomes someday 160 units, at least 450 pilots or something like that is required to be trained.

I think, the buying of training planes and building two completely new air bases show that the BAF will induct many new 4.5G multi role combat planes within the goal of 2030. No air force would ever buy $200 million worth training planes unless it is willing to buy new combat planes.

I know what the stupid sushil OTI Bangalis talk about the military. But, pilot training is a necessary component of purchasing new planes. As far as I know, an air force needs three pilots for each plane. So, if the number of jet plane becomes someday 160 units, at least 450 pilots or something like that is required to be trained.

I think, the buying of training planes and building two completely new air bases show that the BAF will induct many new 4.5G multi role combat planes within the goal of 2030. No air force would ever buy $200 million worth training planes unless it is willing to buy new combat planes.
I Understand now. And it will really be great if we have 160 fighter jets and if all will be western country made .
Maybe I am expecting a lot ( as all western made now) ,yet if it's the plan ,govt can afford all western country made plane in such great in numbers ,BAF will be extremely powerful!
Perhaps that's the reason they are taking time, because they need nearly 450- 500 pilots to train ! Make sense now .
Thanks for this explanation.

Last edited:
PAF had quite a number of legendary pilots from the East Pak, including Gazi M M Alam. And, they proved their mettle under extreme conditions. Heard from a BD friend about one such PAF pilot, whose aircraft got tremendously hit during a low flying mission over Amritsar, yet he managed to came back in one piece!! After the war even the manufacturer couldn't believe he could fly such a damaged aircraft back. Unfortunately, he and many of the ex PAF pilots got killed during a coup attempt in BD. Looks like some folks want BD AF to remain permanently crippled!!! But, man proposes, GOD disposes....

Today, in 2018, after 10 years in power awami league procured 0 4+/5 gen fighters.
@idune, do not you like BAF to procure many planes 4.5G? Do u want our enemy countries destroy us? Military procurement depends upon its necessity and the country's ability to finance. When the BA and BN forces are being fully modernized, why do you think BAF will remain behind? It is a little weak today, but it will get stronger in the next decade.

Note that pending the induction of new MRCAs, the important sites have already been covered with short, medium and long range missiles. Moreover, our BGI being an interceptor, it is capable of denying air space to the enemy planes. So, the BAF is now in full gear with defensive weapons. Induction of multi role combat aircrafts will give it an offensive teeth. So, wait with your finger crossed.

Last edited:
PAF had quite a number of legendary pilots from the East Pak, including Gazi M M Alam. And, they proved their mettle under extreme conditions. Heard from a BD friend about one such PAF pilot, whose aircraft got tremendously hit during a low flying mission over Amritsar, yet he managed to came back in one piece!! After the war even the manufacturer couldn't believe he could fly such a damaged aircraft back. Unfortunately, he and many of the ex PAF pilots got killed during a coup attempt in BD. Looks like some folks want BD AF to remain permanently crippled!!! But, man proposes, GOD disposes....
I do not know, who exactly were killed during a coup attempt in 1977 when the Japanese Red Army hijacked a JAL plane and force-landed it to Dhaka. But, some air force pilots and others tried to stage a coup taking opportunity of the hijack event. It was unsuccessful, though. The then government crushed it and the coup leaders were brought to justice. They were killed by a firing squad.

So, their killing was not a ploy to cripple our air force. No government can forgive such attempts, however apt the pilots might have been.

Last edited:

10 squadrons of various aircraft. Don't think it will be exactly 160. Some idiot in Wikipedia made up all the 160 mrca bullshit. And all 5th gen fighters still aren't operational yet except F-22,35 and J-20.

10 squadrons of various aircraft. Don't think it will be exactly 160. Some idiot in Wikipedia made up all the 160 mrca bullshit. And all 5th gen fighters still aren't operational yet except F-22,35 and J-20.

where is @UKBengali with tall tale claim "in next 10 years awami league will procure 160 4+/5 gen fighters"??

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom