What's new

Baloch-Pakhtun rivalry rears its head at CPEC meeting

Samandri

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Thursday’s all-parties conference (APC) was meant to smoothen over differences between the government and the rest of the political parties in parliament over the China-Pak Economic Corridor (CPEC).

However, unwitting remarks by one of the participants took the discussion in an unexpected direction, as a debate on the decades-old issue of Balochistan’s Baloch population versus its Pakhtun population, reared its head again.

When National Party chief Mir Hasil Khan Bizenjo was given the floor to express his concerns over the corridor, he took well over 20 minutes highlighting importance of the CPEC’s western route, which connects Khunjerab to Gwadar through Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.

As other participants impatiently awaiting their turn to speak on the matter, Mr Bizenjo took many Pakhtun leaders, present in the meeting, by surprise when he, out of nowhere, asked the government to address the issue of Afghan refugees settled in Balochistan.

Mr Bizenjo wasn’t available for comment following the APC, but a participant of the meeting quoted him as saying, “I request the government to repatriate Afghans settled in Balochistan as they are disturbing the demographics of the province,” he said.

With more investment coming into Balochistan under the CPEC, “I fear more Pakhtuns will come to Balochistan in search of jobs, squeezing the Baloch population further,” Mr Bizenjo went on to say, adding that the issue of Afghan refugees and unregistered Pakhuns must be settled before the census, which the government has announced to hold next March.

Unable to contain himself, Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) chief Mehmood Khan Achakzai interjected and sarcastically took Mr Bizenjo to task. “By repatriating Pakhtuns to Afghanistan, you mean to say all of us Pakhtuns sitting in the meeting should also leave the country,” Mr Achakzai was quoted as asking the NP leader. “Asfandyar Wali Khan, Aftab Sherpao and Pervez Khattak all have their roots in Afghanistan. Wali Khan’s ancestors are buried there and there are many families who continue to live on both sides of the Pak-Afghan border. You want to send all of us to Afghanistan,” the incensed PkMAP leader asked.

This tirade had participants chuckling and left Mr Bizenjo stunned. Both PkMAP and NP are, in fact, coalition partners in the Balochistan ruling alliance.

Confirming the incident, PML-Q Senator Mushahid Hussain said the Baloch versus Pakhtun issue in Balochistan was an old one and reared its head at various forums. Recalling the proceedings of a sub-committee which he headed in 2005, he said, “Our committee suggested a parity (50-50) formula between Balochs and Pakhuns when it comes to distribution of resources and representation in assemblies.”

Last time when the Gwadar port came to the fore under General Pervez Musharraf, Balochs nationalists raised the issue and objected to non-Balochs coming to the area with heavy investment.

Published in Dawn, May 29th, 2015

Baloch-Pakhtun rivalry rears its head at CPEC meeting - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Going through twitter most Baloch nationalists are in denial about the involvement of BLF/BLA claiming that they would never hurt their Pashtun brethren...as if targeting Punjabi settlers in the past was OK !
But with F.C mostly Pashtun and changing demographics (which they most fear) because of increased Pashtun presence this was as incident waiting to happen !

Going through twitter most Baloch nationalists are in denial about the involvement of BLF/BLA claiming that they would never hurt their Pashtun brethren...as if targeting Punjabi settlers in the past was OK !
But with F.C mostly Pashtun and changing demographics (which they most fear) because of increased Pashtun presence this was as incident waiting to happen !

The Baloch nationalists are beyond stupid, and their voice has become increasingly irrelevant. This was a clear act of terror aimed at Pakhtun people, who incidentally are the worst enemies you can have. The payback is going to be very harsh and the BLA and their likes will be erased.

So what's wrong? I have Frnds whose ancestors migrated to Pakistan in the 1800s or early 1900s... Infact a sizeable Pashtun population if Baluchistan has afghan origin... But they are Pakistani..

But the refugees who came here during or after soviet invasion arent!
Even the Pak Pashtuns in Pekhawar or Nokhar have no long lost love for afghani muhajirs.

The Baloch nationalists are beyond stupid, and their voice has become increasingly irrelevant. This was a clear act of terror aimed at Pakhtun people, who incidentally are the worst enemies you can have. The payback is going to be very harsh and the BLA and their likes will be erased.

I doubt the tribes are going to war over this terrible incident.. Yes Baluch and Pashtuns have had issues n even conflicts between tribes... But an average Baloch or Pashtun has no hatred for eachother.. And to be honest I'd be glad if Pashtuns pick up their weapons n align with Baluch lashkars n go after these sons of bitchez!

I doubt the tribes are going to war over this terrible incident.. Yes Baluch and Pashtuns have had issues n even conflicts between tribes... But an average Baloch or Pashtun has no hatred for eachother.. And to be honest I'd be glad if Pashtuns pick up their weapons n align with Baluch lashkars n go after these sons of bitchez!

Of course bro, I know that well. My post relates to the enemies of the state who have just made the second largest ethnic group, whose martial prowess is well renowned very angry. It cuts off breathing space for them, especially in the cities and towns.

I had high hopes from Dr. Mallick the current C.M.....a nationalist and more importantly from the middle class but sadly it seems he has lost his grip

I had high hopes from Dr. Mallick the current C.M.....a nationalist and more importantly from the middle class but sadly it seems he has lost his grip

Well it's mixed at the moment, but that's the case with many politicians. Nationalists within the framework are fine. It's those who seek to kill and maim we want deleted.

BLA is stupid if they think pathans are like hazara and don't fight back.

This Achakzai is troll, he turn any discussion on Afghan refugees in to Pak pakhtuns. But here he was justified since Bizenjo targetted pakhtuns not just Afghan refugees who can be anyone even if majority are afghan pakhtuns.

''With more investment coming into Balochistan under the CPEC, “I fear more Pakhtuns will come to Balochistan in search of jobs, squeezing the Baloch population further,”''

The claims of Baloch nationalist need to be investigated, they claim big chunk of Pashtuns in Balochistan are not natives but "Afghanis" from Afghanistan. They say there are four million Afghani refugees in the province, obviously labeling entire 4 million Pashtun population of Balochistan as refugees.

As for as i know British and Pakistan in 60s counted some Ghilzai nomads in some districts and Durranis in Quetta as natives. But majority of them are native , in fact the region , koh sulieman , is original abode of entire Pashtun community and Baloch in this area are relatively recent arrivals. The native tribes are Pannis, Tareens, Achakzais, Kakars, Dawis, Musa Khel, Mando Khel etc.

11062697_1045987398761117_7763032157115831486_n.jpg

Shabash ab Apas mai lardte raho , 300-400 saal tak ...
Mohajir, this news shouldnt concern you. On another thread you were spotted saying
Pathanoo ki logic ... Humara aurat ko koi dekhe ga tu hum goli maar de ga , tum ko bhi aur apni aurat ko bhi ..

Lakin hum tu shadeed tharki hai , hum dosro ki aurat ko zaroor dekhe ga ...

uneducated pathetic jahil log

This is forum, not your bedroom. Keep your Mohajir-ish thoughts to yourself and real life friends.......your shyt talk will be reported here

Mohajir, this news shouldnt concern you. On another thread you were spotted saying

why should it not concern me ? its my country , your Feudal System is destroying , you love for Arms and Weapons , and creating no Go Area, where ever you and your tribes live , yeah it is my concern , because your people give more trouble to Pakistan than Indians .. and still this Love for Ak is not ending ...
and trust me , i Thank to God , that he didnt make me born in some Pathan , Baloch , Sindhi or Punjabi Family ... if i was i would be in complete Personality Disorder ..
I am happy with what i am ..

The whole situation has nothing to do with Baloch vs Pakhtuns, it's BLA and vested interests of certain political leaders that are threatened with changing demographics.

Pakhtuns have been part and parcel of Baluchistan since time immemorial, it's time these morons learn how to live with it, or die learning it.

So what's wrong? I have Frnds whose ancestors migrated to Pakistan in the 1800s or early 1900s... Infact a sizeable Pashtun population if Baluchistan has afghan origin... But they are Pakistani..

But the refugees who came here during or after soviet invasion arent!
Even the Pak Pashtuns in Pekhawar or Nokhar have no long lost love for afghani muhajirs.

To be fair Bizenjo didn't say anything wrong as he simply remarked about the presence of 'Afghan Refugees' in Baluchistan; Achakzai, being an ethno-nationalist that he is, needlessly extracted a different meaning from what Bizenjo said.

The whole situation has nothing to do with Baloch vs Pakhtuns, it's BLA and vested interests of certain political leaders that are threatened with changing demographics.

Pakhtuns have been part and parcel of Baluchistan since time immemorial, it's time these morons learn how to live with it, or die learning it.

Go back you Afghan Refugee ! :mad:

:whistle:

Aur janaaab kiya haal haiii ? :azn:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom