What's new

Baktar shikan increased range n laser guided

A fresh pic of Baktar e Shikan taken last week. I see no wire guided missile.

1098275_138638539679845_122067159_n.jpg

Large resolution pic

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1098275_138638539679845_122067159_n.jpg

How can you see a wire guidance system in a MANPAD which used IR for its guidance. :)

How can you see a wire guidance system in a MANPAD which used IR for its guidance. :)

Taimi Sire, I wasn't sure at first, then I compare it with other BK pics, Missile and launcher looked similar like below pic, that's I why I thought it's baktar shikan F N F version.

BaktarShikan3.JPG

But I was wrong, Thank you for correcting me. It's RBS 70

RBS-70_Saab_anti-aircraft_sol_air_defense_missile_system_Australia_Australian_army_001.jpg

KARACHI, Nov 21: The Pakistan Ordnance Factories Wah and the Geat Industries of France on Tuesday signed an MoU for co-production of 155mm state-of-the-art artillery ammunition, extended range and reactive armour bricks for tanks at the ongoing Ideas-2006 exhibition of military hardware.
There's no such industry in France called GEAT! It's GIAT!! (Groupement des Industries de l'Armée de Terre) It has now been renamed as Nexter and based in Roanne, Loire.

Why don't reporters do some research before they put their darn pens on paper? :undecided:

Dude this weapon is 30+ years old. Pakistan needs to phase out old weapons and go for new ones.

The correct way to put it is that this system is a very mature platform due to continuous evaluation, testing and use during last thirty years. Improvements and upgrades are an integral part of weapon life cycle, btw there were no laser beams or beam rider missiles 30 years ago :)

Dude this weapon is 30+ years old. Pakistan needs to phase out old weapons and go for new ones.

Back
Top Bottom