What's new

Bahrain Consul General booked for assault, molestation of society manager

illusion8

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
An FIR was registered against Consul General of Bahrain Mohammed Abdulaziz Al Khaja at the Malabar Hill police station in south Mumbai on December 13, for allegedly assaulting and verbally abusing the manager of his housing society, the police said.
Police sources revealed that Additional Commissioner of Police (South Region) Krishna Prakash has sought Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh's view before proceeding further against Al Khaja.

The case has been registered at the Malabar Hill police station under sections 354 (molestation), 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) and 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

According to the police, the 49-year-old victim has been working at the society for the past 10 years, while Al Khaja has been living there since the last five years. The incident, which occurred on December 9, has left the victim shaken.

In her complaint she alleged that Al Khaja had lost his temper on December 9 after one of the elevators of the building was shut down for repairs. "The building is 40 years old and we were installing a new elevator. I kept telling him that technicians were on the job, but he wouldn't listen. He started to bang on the closed doors of the elevator and then ransacked my office and threw books around. He was so angry that he raised his hand and touched me. Immediately, I called the security guards and also informed the police. The guards tried to calm him down and said that he couldn't touch a woman like that. But he used very foul language after that," the complainant said.

Mumbai: Bahrain Consul General booked for assault, molestation of society manager - Indian Express

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom