What's new

BAE Systems ready to bid again for fighter jet deal with India

The same nation once Refused us Tornado stating, its too complex for IAF and we settled for JAGUAR. Now they are Begging us to Reconsider. Seeing Such statements make so Happy to see RISE OF MY NATION.........JAI HIND

could be the rise of your nation, could the fall of their nation, cash strapped and willing to sell it to anyone even if a nation is not complex enough to handle the beast.

could be the rise of your nation, could the fall of their nation, cash strapped and willing to sell it to anyone even if a nation is not complex enough to handle the beast.

Grow up pal, if the IAF can operate MKIs and in the future PAK-FA/FGFA there is no reason it can't operate the MMRCA. The world over the IAF is respected as a professional AF and has show so by selecting the Rafale which fits the IAF's needs to a tee.

The same nation once Refused us Tornado stating, its too complex for IAF and we settled for JAGUAR. Now they are Begging us to Reconsider. Seeing Such statements make so Happy to see RISE OF MY NATION.........JAI HIND

You cannot show your anger in military deals as such they refused so i will never buy from them, an unprofessional statement.

They refused Tornadoes for a number of reasons, move on it was their Product they may refuse. Thank them they gave you complete Transfer Of Technology and Access to technologies.

See you complain and then you go settle for the same British made Aircrafts, you people could have gone for SU-24 Fencer instead of Jaguars, couldn't you?

You cannot show your anger in military deals as such they refused so i will never buy from them, an unprofessional statement.

They refused Tornadoes for a number of reasons, move on it was their Product they may refuse. Thank them they gave you complete Transfer Of Technology and Access to technologies.

See you complain and then you go settle for the same British made Aircrafts, you people could have gone for SU-24 Fencer instead of Jaguars, couldn't you?

Mate this is one guy- he doesn't represent the MoD/CNC (committee in charge of negotiations with Dassualt) and anger/history played NO part in the MRCA descion. It is clear the Rafale was far superior to the EFT in most areas and matched what the IAF wanted much more than EFT.

I don't think that tornado was asked by IAF. When we issued a RFP for close interdiction aircraft,the intial contenders were Saab viggen,Mirage 3 and Improved Hal Marut. Later we went for jaguar

Why are they reducing the price after the bid.

They must have been asked to quote a ' no regret' figure the last time.

Does it mean that even after this , if they are given a 3rd option they might lower their prices still ?

They must be making a killing thats why they are revising it downwards.

Anyway let them do whatever they want!!!....It will help India only...India will get chance to bargain more with dassault..and will get the best deal out there.

India should buy 40/50 euro fighters to stop this repeated nonsense and to meet requirement of fleet for IAF. It's a good intercepter but bu doing this BAE is really devaluing the name of Eurofighter :(

Knowing Indian weapon buying habits, they might go for both.

I wish that too. But MMRCA is done. But I would like to see 40/50 eurofighters as stop gap measure till Tejas Mark 2 is inducted in good numbers. :D

India should buy 40/50 euro fighters to stop this repeated nonsense and to meet requirement of fleet for IAF. It's a good intercepter but bu doing this BAE is really devaluing the name of Eurofighter :(

I wish that too. But MMRCA is done. But I would like to see 40/50 eurofighters as stop gap measure till Tejas Mark 2 is inducted in good numbers. :D

Unwanted maintainance costs :no:

World's Most costliest 4th Gen plane with some 5th qualities can't be gap fillers buddy...

Mate this is one guy- he doesn't represent the MoD/CNC (committee in charge of negotiations with Dassualt) and anger/history played NO part in the MRCA descion. It is clear the Rafale was far superior to the EFT in most areas and matched what the IAF wanted much more than EFT.
Actually it was a strategic decision, more than a technical one.........
During the first round EFT was said to be leading on all technological bases. An official within the ministry was even quoted as saying that till june 2011, it was all well and good and decided that it would be EFT..........then suddenly the MoD had talks with the French govt and Dassault, and everythng changed.......
Even the official had no idea why it was done.....

BAE could do anything & would still most likely not win this contract. The French didn't win because they had a superior aircraft; both aircrafts having being deemed suitable. What clinched it for France was Sarkozy's purported offer of technologies unrelated to this deal. Unless the new French President Francois Hollande goes back on such offers (unlikely), BAE have no chance of getting this order. They could however offer up a serious contest for some additional aircraft if GoI does not feel comfortable putting all its eggs in the French basket. Interesting though how Sarkozy's defeat has galvanised the chaps at BAE.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom