What's new

BAE Systems ready to bid again for fighter jet deal with India

The Rafale won the competition fair and square.

Any company or government trying to change the result of the tender is trying to corrupt the tender process.

What can be the possible scenario if the talks between the MOD and Dassualt break down and fresh tenders are floated for the aircrafts.?? As in if everything starts afresh; will the Rafale will still win?? Or F-35/ some other platform perhaps??

What can be the possible scenario if the talks between the MOD and Dassualt break down and fresh tenders are floated for the aircrafts.?? As in if everything starts afresh; will the Rafale will still win?? Or F-35/ some other platform perhaps??

The ACM and the evaluation team will jump of the top floor if this happens:bounce:

On a serious note, no it will not be re-tendered. The L2, EFT, will be called in for negotiation.

If no contract with L1 can be signed, MoD will have to go with the other shortlisted option. There won't be a new competition anymore, especially not with F35, because it doesn't fullfil the industrial requirements (licence production, ToT, offsets...).

I started hearing about MMRCA in about 2002-ish, when I was still in high school. By the way this is going, looks like I'll have my own kids before the deal materializes.

Terrible political system for national defence.

I started hearing about MMRCA in about 2002-ish, when I was still in high school. By the way this is going, looks like I'll have my own kids before the deal materializes.

That was MRCA not MMRCA and don't worry, we soon will see these flying around India and we all will be happy:

su30+rafale.jpg

You possibly less than me though :D

hopefuuly your grand children will see MMRCA planes flying above india.

hopefuuly your grand children will see MMRCA planes flying above india.

Come on mate, it is hard to see how this is anything other than blatant trolling. And anyway why should this development make any difference to the ongoing exclusive negotiations between CNC and Dassault? The MMRCA deal will still be signed this FY with deliveries beginning in late 2014 or early 2015.

The fact is the idea the MMRCA competition was prolonged and unacceptably long is a complete myth. The MMRCA program that Rafale won has only been going on since 2008/9 and considering the huge amount of analysis and evaluation that was undertaken of 6 hugely different a/c the time-scale is actually very impressive. The IAF is one of few AFs in the world capable of undertaking such a mammoth task and has been praised the world over for their professionalism and efficiency in this selection program. There is a reason the IAF's MMRCA selection process is being patented and is highly sought after by other AFs around the world. There are plenty of other case studies to look at first to see long, drawn-out selection programs but I wouldn't say MMRCA was one of them- it is just that we are too inpatient!

Is there any possibility of India inducting both the Typhoon and Rafael??

Is there any possibility of India inducting both the Typhoon and Rafael??

Highly unlikely I would say what will be the point of having two aircrafts. Both are good and best in the world, BAE should just accept the fact and move on rather than being pushy.

Back
Top Bottom