What's new

BAE Systems ready to bid again for fighter jet deal with India

I am wondering if there is delay, how much it will help LCA or may be delay the MCA if any work is going on that.:undecided:

Dassault is not going to let this deal slip away this easily. IF BAE can cut the price, so can Dassault. Just hope all this doesn't delay the procurement anymore.

We have to understand that this is BAEs hope, but not the reality. IAF/MoD took a decision and no matter what BAE says now, currently there are only negotiations between MoD and Dassault/France. Unless, they mess up these negotiations BAE has no chance at all.

Strange the US has give up their marketing.

They don't need to, because they already getting big alternative orders, be it C130Js, C17 or P8Is..., the earlier even without any competitions.

Got to admire the British fighting spirit :D

That's not fighting spirit, but desperation after beeing rejected from Japan, Swiss, India in the last few month and with very limited export potential left.

I asked him why they didnt get the contract in the first try , he said it has to do with some weapon stsrem india us already using and isnt compatible with eurofighter but works with rafale...

That's not possible, because Rafale weapons are not available in IAF so far and will only come with the M2K upgrade. Actually that would be even an advantage for EF, since IAF uses the same 1000lb Paveway LGBs and the Litening LDP.

I wish the IAF would just get this SIGNED get the brits to go way.....

When the US sanctions came into play, the British stopped spare supplies to the IN for the choppers. Sea Kings if am not mistaken. The Typhoon may be a great plane, but, of no use if we do not get spares as and when we need them. No such problems with the French.

@safriz Also, I think the armament Air to Air of the Rafale is also currently used in our existing inventory. The Typhoon, today, has more of American weapons in the air to air role. Plus the French have experience of working with the Israelis on our Mirage 2000s.

deal is dream for BAE, but now india can negotiate in better manner with france..

No we can't, because BAEs PR doesn't matter since the decision for Rafale is already taken. Dassault knows that and that they have the more capable and cost-effective fighter anyway, so they have no reason to cut costs. More interesting would be, if we already buy more fighters (optional MMRCAs or for IN), higher numbers = lower procurement costs and more benefits.

Sorry BAE............MMRCA already delayed alot...........

Euro fighter is a good plane, India should seriously consider buying it.

Back
Top Bottom