What's new

Babur On JF-17

Yeah, Your right the jf-17 and f-16 are very much around the same size.Pakistan must either modifie the aircraft to carry Babu or modifie Babur itself.I would go with modifieing Babur cause it would be faster than modifieing the JF-17 wich would probaly put it through more gruesome delay's.

IF an ASM version of the Babur is developed, there should be no reason why it can't be mounted on the JF17.

Originally posted by Best of the Best@Oct 25 2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks for remembering me lol anywaysback to the topic yes i do agree with you but F-16 and JF-17 are almost of the same size and if you check out the pics of Babur....Excocet and harpoon block II they are very much of the same size PAF must have kept this option while making the thunder after all its going to form the backbone of our air force fleet......
[post=1312]Quoted post[/post]​

Very true, but the JF-17 doesn't have a greater payload, it can only carry like 7,000 lbs., compared to the 10,000 on the F-16.

But remeber that the new design will make it alot lighter.It will give the jf-17 the ability to carry around 10,000, also do not forget about the advanced DSI intake.We'll probaly have to wait for the prototype to fly first.

Originally posted by Kim Jong-il Hater@Oct 27 2005, 06:01 AM
Very true, but the JF-17 doesn't have a greater payload, it can only carry like 7,000 lbs., compared to the 10,000 on the F-16.
[post=1376]Quoted post[/post]​

Well i think (do correct me if i am wrong) a F-16 can carry 2 harpoon block II plus at the same time it carries air to air weapons than why cant the JF-17 carry one babur with A2A or A2G weapons and yes PAF must have kept this as an option as i have stated earlier :) .

to heavy, it would just better to ground launch it, or launch it from a P-3C orion, or something like the F-16, which can handle the weight

The JF-17 doesn't seem like it could carry that weight, and if it can it might be too big to fit under the plane

look at the diameter of the babur

Is Mirage capable of handling the weight of Babur and launching it? if yes then we have about 150 of them so life is easy :banana:

Originally posted by umairperacha@Nov 7 2005, 01:33 PM
Is Mirage capable of handling the weight of Babur and launching it? if yes then we have about 150 of them so life is easy :banana:
[post=2441]Quoted post[/post]​
No way man!
mirages only have limited BVR capability!

Dear Owais,

BVR capability doesn't have to do anything that Babur can't be launced via Mirages PA3. Since they can carry exocet, we should compare the weight of Exocet and Babur.

I guess then we can judge it, however i dont know if the size will also matter for this. I think aircrafts are capable of launching it, its just the configuration of Babur which haven't been yet developed.

Regards,
Originally posted by Owais@Nov 7 2005, 10:35 AM
No way man!
mirages only have limited BVR capability!
[post=2444]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by Ahsan F@Nov 7 2005, 08:12 AM
Dear Owais,

BVR capability doesn't have to do anything that Babur can't be launced via Mirages PA3. Since they can carry exocet, we should compare the weight of Exocet and Babur.

I guess then we can judge it, however i dont know if the size will also matter for this. I think aircrafts are capable of launching it, its just the configuration of Babur which haven't been yet developed.

Regards,
[post=2451]Quoted post[/post]​

But we don't have the specs for the Babur. :Ledsen_Gubbe:

General Statistics

Primary Function: medium-range subsonic cruise missile for striking high value or heavily defended land targets.
Power Plant: Unknown
Length: 7 metres
Weight: Unknown
Diameter: Unknown
Wing Span: 6.75 metres
Range: 500 km
Speed: Subsonic - around 550 mph (880 km/h)
Payload: Unknown
Guidance System: Unknown
Warheads: Conventional or nuclear
Date Tested: August 2005

This is what we all know, yeah true we dont have specification of its weight.

Originally posted by Ahsan F@Nov 8 2005, 09:46 AM
General Statistics
Primary Function: medium-range subsonic cruise missile for striking high value or heavily defended land targets.
Power Plant: Unknown
Length: 7 metres
Weight: Unknown
Diameter: Unknown
Wing Span: 6.75 metres
Range: 500 km
Speed: Subsonic - around 550 mph (880 km/h)
Payload: Unknown
Guidance System: Unknown
Warheads: Conventional or nuclear
Date Tested: August 2005

This is what we all know, yeah true we dont have specification of its weight.
[post=2482]Quoted post[/post]​

Hummmmm babur is 7 meters long a F-16 is 14.8 meters long so i am sure babur can be used with the F-16 and JF-17 is also some where about the same size as the F-16 so i think its possiable for both the F-16 and the thunder to carry babur

Originally posted by Best of the Best@Nov 8 2005, 03:35 PM
Hummmmm babur is 7 meters long a F-16 is 14.8 meters long so i am sure babur can be used with the F-16 and JF-17 is also some where about the same size as the F-16 so i think its possiable for both the F-16 and the thunder to carry babur
[post=2495]Quoted post[/post]​
What about the wing span? remember there are landing gears under wings.

What strategic purpose will be fulfilled by delivering Babur by Air???? Babur already has very long range and doesn't need to be delivered deep in enemy territory to reach its targets. Babur can't targe ships and so no need to put them on planes, exocets already do that quite well.

What Babur needs is to be deployed on Submarines and Ships so that one day when Pakistan's nuclear weapons are refined enought to fit on top of the Babur, the submarines can provide Pakistan with a second strike capability.

Therefore every single development dollar for the Babur should go towards making it deployable on submarines. Once that is done nuclear warheads that are small enought to fit ontop the cruise missile should be developed ASAP.

The only purpose of A2G babur that I think is to damage deep in the enemy's territory. Babur have range of 500km, meaning we have to put babur on F16s or JF17s in order to carry deep strike of more than 500km.

Babur can avoid radar detection to penetrate hostile defensive systems "with pinpoint accuracy" and could also be modified so it can be launched from ships, submarines and aircraft. Currently Pakistan is looking into modification that will enable the missile to be launched from its F-16s, Mirage and A-5 air platforms and naval platform such as Agosta 90B attack submarines and its Tariq Class frigates. In a statement issued by ISPR the spokesman said that Pakistan will be modifying the missile for air and sea launch configurations in coming months. He added Pakistan is also working on a more advanced version of Babur (possibly named as Babur-2) with a range of 1,000km with increased payload. :chilli: Serial production of Babur has started in October 2005.

Following are the available specification on Babur cruise missile,

Primary Function Medium-range subsonic cruise missile
Length 7 m
Wing Span 6.75m
Range 500km (310 miles)
Speed 880 km/h (550 miles/h)
Warheads Both conventional and Nuclear
Status Operational, Undergoing serial production

Back
Top Bottom