What's new

Babur On JF-17

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hy guys I was just wondering is it possible for pakistan to upgrade the jf-17's to carry babars and exocets to strike deep Indian targets that are highly defended for strategic purposes.Also is the JF-17 a fourth generation fighter or third generation.Lastly will the JF-17 be fitted with western avionics if yes then wich kind.

I don't htink that JF17 can carry babur n JF17 is a 4rth gen fighter n it will b equiped with western avionics such as AIM9L,AIM120 :youknowme:

Originally posted by Owais@Oct 15 2005, 05:59 PM
I don't htink that JF17 can carry babur n JF17 is a 4rth gen fighter n it will b equiped with western avionics such as AIM9L,AIM120 :youknowme:
[post=831]Quoted post[/post]​

But can Bbaur be upgraded to fit the jf-17 and if the jf-17 is 4rth generation then what are the basic fourth generation standards :Ledsen_Gubbe:

Originally posted by kaiser_spawn@Oct 15 2005, 08:03 PM
But can Bbaur be upgraded to fit the jf-17 and if the jf-17 is 4rth generation then what are the basic fourth generation standards :Ledsen_Gubbe:
[post=834]Quoted post[/post]​

Babur will be too heavy and so is excocet !!! Yes its probalble that one excocet under fuselarge can be carried but I think that there will be none such to Babur !!

Originally posted by Owais@Oct 16 2005, 07:15 AM
I don't think so: :blink:
JF17 has a radar detecting range of about 120km n babur has range of 500km so how can JF17 fires such long range missile on a distance of abt 500km from target! :blink:
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats not the problem. Once the JF-17 launches the Babur, Babur will no longer need the guidance of JF-17. It will use its built in ones to complete the mission. Remember JF-17 if it can carry Babur all it will have to do is launch it near the border and then Babur will perform everything by its own, this will extend the range pretty much.

But i dont understand one thing. Does the range depends on the launcher, or the missile itself. :unsure:

If It doesn't depend on launcher the range will remain 500KM in JF-17 after being launched.

might be chinese should be answering this questions not pakistanis or indians ( no attack) but i think chinese have a good idea about the aircraft and we should also see that if any type of chines aircrafts have cruise missilles ( pls leave russian aircrafts only chinese bulit)

Originally posted by coldfire2005@Oct 24 2005, 12:54 PM
might be chinese should be answering this questions not pakistanis or indians ( no attack) but i think chinese have a good idea about the aircraft and we should also see that if any type of chines aircrafts have cruise missilles ( pls leave russian aircrafts only chinese bulit)
[post=1195]Quoted post[/post]​

This is a discussion forums and we are not taught to bring chinese officials in this forum.

I understand what you meant. You were basically saying that chinese know better because its the Chinese who are doing the most of the work. Being patriot put aside.

But it is sure a good thing for Pakistan, not to be obvious but Pakistan needs a to know-how to make planes, once Pakistan learns to build its own planes, in the future no doubt it can advance in this area.

Originally posted by Owais@Oct 16 2005, 12:29 AM
[post=831]Quoted post[/post]​

Owais Aim9L and Aim120 are air to air missles not avionics just wanted to make that clear..... :haha:

I think the JF-17 would be able to carry the Excocet, the Mirage III can, if not the Excocet, then a Chinese anti-ship missile. Maybe the C-802?

Originally posted by Kim Jong-il Hater@Oct 25 2005, 07:04 AM
I think the JF-17 would be able to carry the Excocet, the Mirage III can, if not the Excocet, then a Chinese anti-ship missile. Maybe the C-802?
[post=1224]Quoted post[/post]​

Kim Jong-il Hater good to see you there i hope you do recognise me from PDF anyways do shed some light on topics here so the kids herecan actually learn....anyways nice meeting you here :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Best of the Best@Oct 25 2005, 03:00 AM
Owais Aim9L and Aim120 are air to air missles not avionics just wanted to make that clear..... :haha:
[post=1211]Quoted post[/post]​
Opps! :oops[1]:
I made a typo...!
I mean weapons like BVR AAM {SD-10 medium-range air-to-air missile (MRAAM)}, U.S. AIM-9P/9L and Chinese PL-6, PL-8, and PL-9.

We dont know yet if Babur can be launched by air so i dont think it would be a good idea to judge if JF-17 can carry the cruise missile or not.

Remember F-16 is nuclear capable aircraft therefore can carry nukes, same goes with JF-17 i believe unless Chinese are inferrior in making JF-17 nuclear capable. But if somebody remembers there was an article back then which cited that U.S gave F-16s uncapable of carrying nuclear wareheads but Pakistan made them capable locally, and also made them to MLU standard pretty much. :banana:

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Oct 26 2005, 02:46 AM
We dont know yet if Babur can be launched by air so i dont think it would be a good idea to judge if JF-17 can carry the cruise missile or not.

Remember F-16 is nuclear capable aircraft therefore can carry nukes, same goes with JF-17 i believe unless Chinese are inferrior in making JF-17 nuclear capable. But if somebody remembers there was an article back then which cited that U.S gave F-16s uncapable of carrying nuclear wareheads but Pakistan made them capable locally, and also made them to MLU standard pretty much. :banana:
[post=1297]Quoted post[/post]​

Well i think JF-17 will be able to carry the babur as it was said that babur missle would be capable to be launched by land sea and air secondly if you look at the babur it isnt all that big and JF-17 is big enough to carry this missle P.S if F-16's can carry harpoon's than why cant JF-17 carry babur which i believe is quite smaller and lighter than the harpoon block II missles.....

Originally posted by Best of the Best@Oct 25 2005, 03:26 PM
Well i think JF-17 will be able to carry the babur as it was said that babur missle would be capable to be launched by land sea and air secondly if you look at the babur it isnt all that big and JF-17 is big enough to carry this missle P.S if F-16's can carry harpoon's than why cant JF-17 carry babur which i believe is quite smaller and lighter than the harpoon block II missles.....
[post=1298]Quoted post[/post]​

But the Babur is a cruise missile, so it's bigger. I think the F-16 could carry it w/ some modifications, but it would be a long process. And yeah I remember you!

Originally posted by Kim Jong-il Hater@Oct 26 2005, 05:50 AM
But the Babur is a cruise missile, so it's bigger. I think the F-16 could carry it w/ some modifications, but it would be a long process. And yeah I remember you!
[post=1307]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for remembering me lol anywaysback to the topic yes i do agree with you but F-16 and JF-17 are almost of the same size and if you check out the pics of Babur....Excocet and harpoon block II they are very much of the same size PAF must have kept this option while making the thunder after all its going to form the backbone of our air force fleet......

Back
Top Bottom