What's new

Baba Guru Nanak University to be set up in Islamabad

The Sikh kingdom has had a vital role in shaping the boundaries of our state.
People just don't realise that....both Ranjeet Singh and Guru Nanak are sons of soil.
How so? . Present-day Baluchistan, Sindh, GB and FATA+PATA were not part of Sikh kingdom

Peshawar.
Yes Peshawar was part of Sikh kingdom. But how come the Sikh kingdom has had a vital role in shaping the boundaries of Pakistan state when present-day Baluchistan, Sindh, GB and FATA+PATA were not part it?

Yes Peshawar was part of Sikh kingdom. But how come the Sikh kingdom has had a vital role in shaping the boundaries of Pakistan state when present-day Baluchistan, Sindh, GB and FATA+PATA were not part it?

If the Sikhs hadn't gotten hold of Peshawar, I doubt the British would have pushed into the tribal areas.

The British expanded into FATA to create a buffer between Afghanistan and what is now called KPK.

Aside from personal hatred we have for each other, was Bahawalpur state ever a part of the Sikh dominion?

Peshawar isnt a part of Baluchistan, Sindh, GB and FATA+PATA ..

I know but it were the Sikhs who pushed the boundaries of their empire to Peshawar. It was in Afghan control before that.

The British pushed on from that base into FATA.

If the Sikhs hadn't won Peshawar and handed it on a platter to the British, I doubt they would have made that push.

If the Sikhs hadn't gotten hold of Peshawar, I doubt the British would have pushed into the tribal areas.

The British expanded into FATA to create a buffer between Afghanistan and what is now called KPK.
Thats not true. Expansion towards Afghanistan was always on their plate thats why they led an expedition towards Afghanistan as early as 1839 when Sikh kingdom existed. To understand them, one has to read their documents of that period. Quetta was never under Sikh rule yet they occupied it and study of their documents reveals that they did so with plan of occupying Kandahar in future (which did not come to fruition) . Keep in mind that within the life time of Ranjeet Singh, Dost Muhammad Khan (Amir of Kabul) made contacts with East India Company and tried to bargain for Peshawar in exchange for any future help against Sikhs but EIC refused and made it clear that Peshawar belongs to India.

Thanking Sikhs for occupying Pashtun areas in early 19th century does not make any sense and can only make sense if said from Punjabism spirit. British would have occupied those areas any way.

EIC refused and made it clear that Peshawar belongs to India.

The Sikh annexation of Peshawar definitely played a part in that.

Thats not true. Expansion towards Afghanistan was always on their plate thats why they led an expedition towards Afghanistan as early as 1839 when Sikh kingdom existed. To understand them, one has to read their documents of that period. Quetta was never under Sikh rule yet they occupied it and study of their documents reveals that they did so with plan of occupying Kandahar in future (which did not come to fruition) . Keep in mind that within the life time of Ranjeet Singh, Dost Muhammad Khan (Amir of Kabul) made contacts with East India Company and tried to bargain for Peshawar in exchange for any future help against Sikhs but EIC refused and made it clear that Peshawar belongs to India.

Thanking Sikhs for occupying Pashtun areas in early 19th century does not make any sense and can only make sense if said from Punjabism spirit. British would have occupied those areas any way.

Yes, westward expansion in Afghanistan was a goal of the British empire but in 1849 if they had to start at the Indus maybe the border btw Afghanistan and Pakistan would have been same as it is today.

There is also a chance that wouldn't have been the case.

Thanking Sikhs for occupying Pashtun areas in early 19th century does not make any sense and can only make sense if said from Punjabism spirit.

Acknowledging their role in our history is not pride. I am very neutral on them.

I only take pride in only what I as a person have achieved.....not what my ancestors or even members of my immediate family have achieved in their life.

Last edited:
I'm against the name of the university.

Why should we name our universities after our enemies?

This is the first good thing and you are opposing it,
Guru Nanak was local, son of soil,

Your Missiles are named after Babur, Gaznavi, Ghouri , all Afgan, Turk, Arab who came looted , killed your ancestors enslaved you,
There are very few Pakistani heros and he is one of them

This is the first good thing and you are opposing it,
Guru Nanak was local, son of soil,

Your Missiles are named after Babur, Gaznavi, Ghouri , all Afgan, Turk, Arab who came looted , killed your ancestors enslaved you,
There are very few Pakistani heros and he is one of them
The name "Guru Nanak missile" does not sound right.

Nope. In the aftermath of the Durrani collapse in Punjab, they broke away but were never taken over by the Sikhs. Eventually the British took over of course (in mid 1850s I believe).

I know you brother. Luffy the dihistorian is too dishonest to even answer the question.

Back
Top Bottom