What's new

Azeri Drones on ‘Spy Missions’ along Iran Border

Actually , ballistic missile have no use for invading other countries ..... normaly , you need , tank and air force to invade a country .... ballistic missile are good to keep other country in watch .....
Of course, we are talking about the balance between offence and defence here. If by offence you meant invasion then u're right.

Basij militia is about the same size with Iranian army. This fact alone means that you're expecting an invasion. In Turkey Jandarma is much smaller than the actual army.

and pretty much everything iran produces is "overgunned" for desperate situations.
a most prime example:
Peykaap
What does Turkey do with boats this size? We just mount a stablised 50 caliber gun
MRTP 16

Same with UAVs, Iranian Karrar carrying a bomb:
Karrar
Turkish Çaldıran carrying an IR camera:
Çaldıran

You design everything to fight on it's own. Now why would you do that? Because you think your armed forces doesn't stand much chance as a whole. I think this isn't the right attitude.

Of course, we are talking about the balance between offence and defence here. If by offence you meant invasion then u're right.

Basij militia is about the same size with Iranian army. This fact alone means that you're expecting an invasion. In Turkey Jandarma is much smaller than the actual army.

and pretty much everything iran produces is "overgunned" for desperate situations.
a most prime example:
photo%2B1.jpg

What does Turkey do with boats this size? We just mount a stablised 50 caliber gun
mrtpstamp.jpg

You design everything to fight on it's own. Now why would you do that? Because you don't think your armed forces doesn't stand much chance as a whole.

It's an interesting thing you note. I would like to see a discussion about this in Iran section. And perhaps I am biased but it seems innovative.

It's an interesting thing you note. I would like to see a discussion about this in Iran section. And perhaps I am biased but it seems innovative.
These are just my observations, I'm sure there are justifications for all your decisions ...don't get me wrong but for my taste basij is more like an insurgent army. Different uniforms and all... looks very disorganized. I'd close it down immediately.

Just implement a conscription system like Turkey. It gives us about 2.5 million reserve forces at certain age groups. In any mobilization procedure these men can be re-recruited into the ranks of the army.

Drones or no drones. Azerbaijan is the door to enter iran what so ever. Sometimes it looks like as if this whole WoT was set up to corner Iran and Pakistan. :S

You design everything to fight on it's own. Now why would you do that? Because you think your armed forces doesn't stand much chance as a whole. I think this isn't the right attitude.

actually , I mean we havn't offensive weapon to invade some of our neighbors .... we can defend ourselves ... and in fact our defense capability is high ... but you can't win the war only with defense .... for example , in Iraq-Iran war , we defeated Iraq army badly for two times , but we haven't offensive capability to finish them , so , Arabs and western and eastern block used this weakness and armed Saddam's army after that ....

if we had offensive ability , we could finish the war in 3-4 years in our interest ...

and don't compare us with turkey ... if you had USA army behind of your border , you wouldn't even dare to think resist against them ... and the tactic to fighting a super power is really different to teaching a good lesson to some country like Arran ....

I agree no sane person can compare Turkey to any ME natives...we are in a different league

Last edited by a moderator:
Krunk UAV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only non-Armenian source I know of. They were also extensively used in CSTO "Interaction" excercise in Armenia in 2012.

I can probably answer any questions that you might have about it though.

"Specifications

Crew= 0
Capacity= 60 kg
Max speed kmh= 150km/h (82 knots, 95mph)
Endurance=5 hours
Ceiling= 4500 m (13,150 Ft)
Max ceiling= 5400m (15,770 Ft)
"

Nothing special about Krunk.
-Do you any other drones?

-Do you have any plane (manned plane) proper for ordinary reconnaissance mission?

@twilight much has changed since Iran-Iraq war.. Most importantly, you've had a decent airforce, now you don't.

@twilight much has changed since Iran-Iraq war.. Most importantly, you've had a decent airforce, now you don't.

actually , in 1990 , we spend money to our air force and buy some Mig 29 and have plane to buy more fighters ( more Mig 29 , mirrage F-1 or J-8 and if we could , Su 27 ) and we begun to update our tanks and buy the best tank that was available for us ( T72-S ) but when USA come to region we changed our military doctrine and spend money on ballistic missiles ....

if we want , we could equip our ground force and air force but if we go to a war with USA ,then with classic tactic we wouldn't have a chance against USA army .... so we spend money on ballistic missile , electronic warfare , air defense system , cruise missiles , UAV and ....

we begun Zulfiqar project in 1990s but we only make Z1 , Z2 , Z3 prototype and test it and improved it till proper time to mass product it .... and it only because these have no use against USA army (air force ) and we should be worry about usa army ....

( and when we had plane to make our own indigenous tank , Turkey even didn't think about it ..... )

and we learn a lesson from Iraq-Iran war , and that is if you can't make your weapon , you are doomed !!!

"Specifications

Crew= 0
Capacity= 60 kg
Max speed kmh= 150km/h (82 knots, 95mph)
Endurance=5 hours
Ceiling= 4500 m (13,150 Ft)
Max ceiling= 5400m (15,770 Ft)
"

Nothing special about Krunk.
-Do you any other drones?

-Do you have any plane (manned plane) proper for ordinary reconnaissance mission?

I'm getting tired with this condescending attitude. Of course Armenia, with a small economy, will not be producing the MQ-9 Reaper. But for what its worth, the KRUNK accomplishes exactly what it needs to: surveillance. There has not been one incident of it being shot down, despite the fact that they always moniter the frontline.

Yes, Armenia also has Ptero 55 drones (Russian) in its arsenal.

Although, there is a very fruitful debate to be had with regard to a nation's militaristic capacity or superiority, the fact is that in today's day and time, the only victories are to be had through a nation's soft power and Turkey trumps Iran in that context.

The recent PR battering that Iran took in Iraq and Syria across the Muslim world, has been a drawback while Turkey on the other hand, cemented its place in the hearts of the Muslim world after the Arab populations revolted against dictators, and by siding with the Syrian people. Also, in Palestine and specifically Gaza, a traditional stronghold for Iran, every shop and store has a poster of Erdogan after the flotilla incident and the ultimate sacrifice of 11 Turkish citizens.

Albania, Bosnia, Chechnya and Russian Muslims have a historic and cultural connection with Turks. Azerbaijan (coreligionists of Iran), Irani Azeris, Central Asians (except Tajikistan) and Chinese provinces speak the exact same language as Turks and also connect themselves to Turks, culturally. Afghanistan, Pakistan, Indian Muslims and Bangladesh also share similar religious beliefs and have an unbreakable bond with the Turks (just look at our flags). There are also events quoted by the Malay (Malaysians and Indonesians) about Ottoman Sultans and Chiefs visiting their ports.

I wrote a huge post on this before but the thread was deleted so I can't write in so much depth, again, at this exact moment but I must clarify that Turkey is far more likely to lead the Muslim world and also play as a bridge between the West and the Muslim world than any other country. This is not due to the Bosphorus or geography but because of the incomparable culture and history of Turkey.

In any case, if there was a tussle between Iran and Turkey, it won't be intelligent for Iran to fight or choose an aggressive approach towards Turkey given that they already have a terrible image among the Arabs. Iran should continue its peaceful stance with another non-Arab country like Turkey and cede to their demands so that the Arabs don't exploit this situation. (Just a suggestion)

Hmm. didn't expected that close relation. Maybe israel's new partner in the region

Azerbaijan manufactures "Orbiter-2M" mini-UAV and "Aerostar" tactical UAV under license (designated as AZ-2M and AZ-BP), and also bought Heron MALE UAVs from IAI. There were reports that IAI also proposed to manufacture Heron-1 UAVs in Azerbaijan. Other than these, it was reported that Elbit sold Hermes-450 UAVs to Azerbaijan back in 2009.

Back
Top Bottom