What's new

Azerbaijan-Turkey to hold joint military exercise

How it affects your GDP ?

1. You don't have to research for Fifth gen. aircrafts, you can simply buy. So you saved years and money there.

2. NATO gives you security cover, that helps in controlling defense expenditure. Look at Iran, US and Israel has already threatened to attack, they HAVE to spend more on military, i.e. more % of GDP on defense. You can afford it, they can't but they have to.

3. Ever heard of Soviet Russia disintegration due to Cold War race with US on technological front and weapons which led to their weakening of economy.

4. US PAC-3 cover will give you protection against enemy missiles. Now to overwhelm that, the opposition has to build fire more missiles. So you are indirectly affecting the enemy. So its an added benefit. Hope you know it.

4. As for Should, Woulda, Coulda, if yo had Oil, you would have been progressing real fast, if you had US and others as your enemy, you should think that too.

See mate, I have no problem with your country. I respect Ataturk and his leadership which created a progressive Muslim nation but I also respect Iran because of other reasons too.

You really need to read and understand what you said better yourself.

Patriot is not ours its temporary until Syria situation is over. We buy our own ones with our own money.

You said would of could of etc its the same thing on the opposite side.

Being a NATO member means also more responsibilities and certain criteria, it restricts your ability to a limit to buy things other than European or US.

We make around 55% of our national needs in defence, which includes small patrol ships to corvettes to light destroyer soon. Same in land platforms from APC to Tank to large trucks etc. In air we made our helicopter with cooperation based on Italian design and make put Turkish systems missiles etc Male UAVs etc

Today the only things we can't make or bought are submarines ( we have project for own submarine) , jet fighter ( we have project for it).

And these things mentioned are very hard things that only couple nations produced.

Does the article mention exactly where the exercise will be held?

How it affects your GDP ?

1. You don't have to research for Fifth gen. aircrafts, you can simply buy. So you saved years and money there.

You dont have to be a member of Nato to get 5th generation aircraft..Also, developing 5th Generation aircrafts is not a Nato initiative..Its just business..Pay the money, get the toy..Just like Israel and Japan

NATO gives you security cover, that helps in controlling defense expenditure. Look at Iran, US and Israel has already threatened to attack, they HAVE to spend more on military, i.e. more % of GDP on defense. You can afford it, they can't but they have to.

I can use the same logic..Iranian generals and some other Iranian bureaucrats have threatened Turkey for allowing Nato radar system in Turkey..SO we have to spend more on military..More %GDP on defense..See? it goes both ways

Plus, What about our expenditures/contributions for Nato missions/initiatives?
IV. Turkey

So, in conclusion, being Nato member has positive and negative impacts on economy..I dont agree that Turkey is economically benefiting from being a NATO Member

About city etc. i have no idea but from Azerbaijan one Armored Division and from Türkiye one Company gonna be part of exercise.

Is this considered a large or small exercise in terms of soldiers and equipment?

Is this considered a large or small exercise in terms of soldiers and equipment?

If we speak about equipment i guess gonna be big at least 2000 soldiers gonna be part of exercise and probably Turkish&Azerbaijan Special Forces can be part of exercise too,we can see in March :)

I am going to close the thread for few minutes for everyone to read this post so there won't be unnecessary ''bloodshed'' :) . Nearly half of the thread is filled with off-topic/racist/offensive posts from know trolls and low IQ nationalists. After re-opening of this thread, every off-topic/offensive post will be rewarded with instant infraction.

Oh btw, love you guys. :)

----------------

Thread is open again, please be civil and stay on topic.

Improvement on co-working in urgent situations.

Word Kebab i of semitic origin my superior friend : )

Whats the purpose of this exercise?

I think Turkey is trying influence Azerbaijan. Israel and Azerbaijan have good relation, so Turkey does not want to lose a friend.

But then again when did Turkey solidly back Azerbaijan =( We should have helped them more when they were at war. Technically they are still at war but you know what i am saying...

Back
Top Bottom