What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

that's like saying western tanks are not better protected because of their design but because of their weight.
Exactly... You can't compare a 60-70 ton NATO tank with a 40-45 ton warsaw POS no matter how well designed it is.

it doesnt make sense for Azerbaijan to start buying Turkish MRAPs when it is already manufacturing its own
If you can manufacture South African MRAPs you can manufacture Kirpis or Kaya IIs aswell.

US MRAPs have proven themselves unreliable in Afghanistan, but it's better than carrying troops with open-top Unimogs in hostile environment..

If you can manufacture South African MRAPs you can manufacture Kirpis or Kaya IIs aswell.

US MRAPs have proven themselves unreliable in Afghanistan, but it's better than carrying troops with open-top Unimogs in hostile environment..

again , what is the point of adding another 2 versions of MRAPs to the army .
if the one already in production is better and wouldnt create a logistical problem

and how did US MRAPs prove themselves unreliable?

and how did US MRAPs prove themselves unreliable?
They preformed horribly in off-road situations, got stuck in mud, got tipped over... and when it tips over there's a good chance your troops get insured or killed

huh
Afghanistan Diary: MRAPs Suck! | Danger Room | WIRED
did they just put remote controlled station on an unarmored vehicle ?:hitwall:
:undecided: I wonder whose Idea was that. You should keep stupid people away from your procurement agencies.

Last edited:
1ImOtYH.png

@Azeri440
Logical thing to do would be to mount Aselsan SARPs on these Cobra vehicles.

Not just for protection but it would also mean more firepower :)
That's probably a PKM on that vehicle... SARP would mean switching to browning M2

Last edited:
@Azeri440
Logical thing to do would be to mount Aselsan SARPs on these Cobra vehicles.

the ones manufactured in Azerbaijan , will probably have them
or some other remote controlled station for sure

:undecided: I wonder whose Idea was that. You should keep stupid people away from your procurement agencies.

what's the cost of SARP?

I bet it costs more than the vehicle itself

its a toyota hilux with guns on the side
Oh I thought you were talking about Cobra :)
Car prices greatly differ from country to country but if you consider that SARP comes with the command console inside the vehicle,.. the two must be roughly around the same price.

We have Otokar Engereks in Cyprus, these are basically land rover defenders with crew served MGs around them. Used by special forces ...but we don't strap RCS' on them... for some crazy reason :)

Oh I thought you were talking about Cobra :)
Car prices greatly differ from country to country but if you consider that SARP comes with the command console inside the vehicle,.. the two must be roughly around the same price.

We have Otokar Engereks in Cyprus, these are basically land rover defenders with crew served MGs around them. Used by special forces ...but we don't strap RCS' on them... for some crazy reason :)

we are both broke :cry:

our border guards got no RCS on their engereks either

That's probably a PKM on that vehicle... SARP would mean switching to browning M2

It belongs to Internal Troops from what I can see, usually KORD are mounted on their Cobras.

99WRrhI.jpg

If you look at the screens of SARP I posted, you can see that it's equipped with 12,7mm NSV.

Speaking of RCWS; Rafael RCWS armed with 14,5mm KPVT are mounted on all of Azerbaijan's Marauder and Matador MRAPs.

3850724.jpg

Back
Top Bottom