What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

230 BTR-82As and 70 BTR-80As, all have been delivered
are there plans to keep acquiring more Smerchs and Venas as well? I like the Azerbaijani military but I'd like to see some diversification more so then just relying on the Israelis :)
either way I'm impressed with the buildup

are there plans to keep acquiring more Smerchs and Venas as well? I like the Azerbaijani military but I'd like to see some diversification more so then just relying on the Israelis :)
either way I'm impressed with the buildup

Army already has 36 Smerches and around 50 Venas, and is focusing mainly on acquisition of Polonez-M and Spear MK2. Russia is still the biggest supplier to Azerbaijan but Israel is close to taking that spot.

spear-mk2-mortar-system-b.jpg

any of the deals from Israel, Russia etc. include a license production permit or these all just bought in flyaway conditions?

any of the deals from Israel, Russia etc. include a license production permit or these all just bought in flyaway conditions?

nearly all Israeli UAVs were bought with production license, Azerbaijan produces all of UAVs developed by Aeronautics, Heron and UCAV version based on Heron TP-XP. Azerbaijan doesn't really need any production rights from Russia, the demand is large but short term, meaning those factories will just sit empty in few years.

How Armenians see some defence deals of Azerbaijan is expressed.

that Su-30MKA part is interesting if true, Air Force would be going for 25 M-346, 24 JF-17s with AESA and Aselpod, probably similar number and tech for Su-30MKAs, 48 fighters + 16 MiG-29s currently in service that will be upgraded with the same AESA and Aselpod. Total of 64 AESA equipped fighters and 40+ CAS Su-25 that will be using Aselpod. if Ka-52 deal also goes through, 60 Ka-52s + 36 Mi-35s, Azerbaijan will have the 2nd most capable Air Force in the region after Turkey. Although I wish Air Force would go for Su-35s.

17209448357c80b0c674c0c43a41bf05.jpg

It would also mean you would have one of the most diverse (equipment wise) airforces after Qatar probably.

It would also mean you would have one of the most diverse (equipment wise) airforces after Qatar probably.

why? all 4 aircraft use Russian engines, same avionics, same targeting pod, same radar and etc.

Border Patrol Soldiers with Yalquzaq sniper rifle

IChhBFXFeM8.jpg

what's the meaning of this word?

that Su-30MKA part is interesting if true, Air Force would be going for 25 M-346, 24 JF-17s with AESA and Aselpod, probably similar number and tech for Su-30MKAs, 48 fighters + 16 MiG-29s currently in service that will be upgraded with the same AESA and Aselpod. Total of 64 AESA equipped fighters and 40+ CAS Su-25 that will be using Aselpod. if Ka-52 deal also goes through, 60 Ka-52s + 36 Mi-35s, Azerbaijan will have the 2nd most capable Air Force in the region after Turkey. Although I wish Air Force would go for Su-35s.

View attachment 540877
turkey has a very strong airforce but in region saudis have the best airforce even better than israelis

turkey has a very strong airforce but in region saudis have the best airforce even better than israelis

Arab pilots even dont know how to bomb targets in Yemen

Turkish and Israeli Airforces can rape Saudi Airforce , and never forget that only Turkish and Israeli Airforces uses its own systems in the region

Back
Top Bottom