What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

- Do you have official proposals concerning Azerbaijan’s participation in Altay Tank and T-129 Attack helicopter projects? How can Baku join these projects?

- We are discussing this issue now. The cooperation can be in several forms, including joint production. We offered to Azerbaijani government to work out joint engineering projects. Production of Attack helicopters will be started soon. The work on design and improvement of armored fighting vehicles is continued. In 2014, we will see the armored fighting vehicles supplied with modern shooting-control systems.
There are other fields that we can work together, for example, air defense. Turkey is new in this sphere. The cooperation can be established in ASELSAN warning projects. We visited Azerbaijani Defense Industry’s computing device plant in Baku. We have TASMUS warning system project. ASELSAN will research opportunities for its joint production. I would like to note that Azerbaijani President, Prime Minister, Defense Minister have positive opinion about the Turkey-Azerbaijan cooperation in the field of defense industry.
We will share most modern technologies and due to joint production both sides will reduce expenditures. At the same time both countries will have common weapons.

APA - Defense Industry Secretary of Turkish National Defense Ministry Murat Bayar: ?We will start producing sniper gun ?Istiqlal? after specification of Turkish Army?s needs?

Check ilink to see the air defence programs !!!
http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey...-development-agreements-signed-aselsan-4.html

TASMUS offered to Azerbaijan (or Azerbaijan uses :) )

555200_431995583506927_2103849214_n.jpg

559150_431995680173584_251067496_n.jpg

Military grade laptops.... I always wanted one of these. Something that can survive the abuse I subject my laptop to on daily basis. :P

Oh God first the Mule & now the laptop ! *Makes a call to the Mutawaa HQ* :woot:

On topic : Hmmmn....these developments look promising ! I wonder if Azerbaijan would be interested in joint-drills with Pakistan like we have with Turkey !

Oh God first the Mule & now the laptop ! *Makes a call to the Mutawaa HQ* :woot:

On topic : Hmmmn....these developments look promising ! I wonder if Azerbaijan would be interested in joint-drills with Pakistan like we have with Turkey !

If i'm not mistaken there have been Azeri AF officers on exchange at PAF war college and other institutions as well.

i'd be all for it....they are a friendly country to us, more should be done to expand on ties between both countries

Turkey’s ROKETSAN company and Azerbaijan to realize several projects on defense industry

Yavuz Aka said Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry and ROKETSAN signed a protocol within the framework of IDEX-2011 and noted that according to the document, 107mm and 122mm missiles designed and produced by ROKETSAN will be produced in Azerbaijan basing on the joint production model.

Yavuz Aka added that engine system of missiles will be produced by ROKETSAN in Turkey, warheads in Azerbaijan. The parts will be assembled in Azerbaijani factories.

“We are discussing several projects with Azerbaijan at the moment. We continue holding meetings to establish potential partnership,” Yavuz Aka said.

According to the company official, ROKETSAN-produced TR107 and TR122 artillery rockets have an additional range in difference from their analogues. The rockets are based on different technologies, particularly technologies of composite fuel. The rocket’s design was completely changed except its length and caliber. It has double range than classic rockets.

Aka said Azerbaijan and Turkey use same launchers for 107-mm missiles now. “Our 107-mm missile was tested in same launcher in Turkey and we don’t think that we will have a problem with that. Regarding TR122 rockets, it is launched from BM21 launcher and from “Sakarya” in Turkey. We experienced BM21 launcher few years ago. It is not so effective. We will test it again. The launcher we produce jointly with Azerbaijan will be an improved version of “Sakarya”. We have another deal on that and it will be realized in next few years. I think we can also use BM21 launcher too”.

The ROKETSAN official said they were discussing “Cirit” and UMTAS (160 mm) rockets, which were tested now, with Azerbaijan.

UMTAS is long-range anti-tank missile, said Aka and added that this rocket is in a phase of assessment now. The project will be completely finished by the end of 2012 and serial production will be started after that. “We are working on OMTAS middle-range anti-tank missile (160 mm). This project will be completed by the end of 2013. We are continuing discussion with Azerbaijan on these projects. These rockets can be launched from the helicopters and other transport means”.

Turkey

A news from 2011...

Azərbaycan 2013-cü ildə ölkənin müdafiəsi üçün dövlət büdcəsindən 2 milyard 910 milyon 656 min manat (3 milyard 707 milyon 369 min ABŞ dolları) vəsait ayırmağı planlaşdırır.

AzeriDefence”nin bildirdiyinə görə, bu barədə APA agentliyi məlumat yayıb.

Büdcənin müdafiə xərcləri bölməsi üzrə Silahlı Qüvvələrə, təhlükəsizlik qüvvələrinə və hərbi sənaye sahəsinə bilavasitə 1 milyard 528 milyon 582 min manat vəsait ayrılacaq. Bu vəsaitin 1 milyard 416 milyon 364 min manatı müdafiə qüvvələri (o cümlədən, 1 milyard 19 milyon 442 min manatı ordu və donanma, 111 milyon 749 min manatı Dövlət Sərhəd Xidməti, 5 milyon 391 min manatı Səfərbərlik və Hərbi Çağırış üzrə Dövlət Xidməti), 106 milyon 439 min manatı milli təhlükəsizlik, 2 milyon 733 min manatı müdafiə sahəsində tətbiqi tədqiqatlar, 3 milyon manatı isə digər xərclər üçün Müdafiə Sənayesi Nazirliyinə ayrılacaq.

Bundan başqa, büdcədə ölkənin müdafiə qabiliyyətinin gücləndirilməsi, imkanlarının artırılması üçün 1 milyard 172 milyon manat əlavə vəsait nəzərdə tutulur. Bu da 2012-ci ilin müvafiq göstəricisi ilə müqayisədə 75 milyon 952 min manat və ya 6,9% çoxdur.

Silahlı Qüvvələrin tərkib hissəsi olan Daxili Qoşunlar və Xüsusi Dövlət Mühafizə Xidməti (XDMX) isə büdcənin hüquq-mühafizə orqanları və məhkəmə hakimiyyəti bölməsi üzrə maliyyələşdirilir.

Daxili Qoşunlara isə 2013-cü ilin dövlət büdcəsindən 136 milyon 234 min manat, XDMX-yə isə 74 milyon 74 min manat vəsait ayrılması nəzərdə tutulur.

a news on the defence budget of Azerbaijan for 2013 which is 3 billion 707 million USD dollars

Azeri Defence

Azerbaijani Gozcu and communication devices delivered by Aselsan...

image_4c28f781a4cc1.jpg

Those systems are used by Jordan military as well...

Thermal imaging device GÖZCÜ has laser distance finder, GPS system, digital magnetic compass and laser target designator.
asels.jpg

Back
Top Bottom