What's new

Averagely one car for every two people in Lhasa, capital city of Tibet

Check out streets in Chinese cities and Indian cities to find out what "cars" means in different countries.
Yeap, I see in his thread he really believe his BS...No wonder he is jumping up and down about private cars like a clown...Such a foolish guy here...lol...
You never know what shxt is inside their brain...

Last edited:
high car dependence is not good. cars take up valuable real estate, cause pollution, and are very space inefficient. I'd be much more impressed if there were only half as many cars but they were half electric and people could easily get around on transit or e-bike.

Although Tibet is still the bottom last by a massive margin in regards to development level among all Chinese provinces, staggering development year on year still can be seen, this backward region is fast catching up.

private cars.png

Totally genocide of local Tibetan culture, now Lamas all drive to the temples instead of riding yaks, what a shame!

Lhasa is the key node of Tibet tour. I been there before. And the tour is conducted via SUV. So there is a lot of car registering in Lhasa.

Lhasa is the key node of Tibet tour. I been there before. And the tour is conducted via SUV. So there is a lot of car registering in Lhasa.
Most cars in TIbet are 4 drive SUVS, city sedans don't work well in high plateau terrains in Tibet.

Good for car companies, not so good for the environment. Is Tibet densely populated? If not then maybe the car is a neccesity.
China is the leading manufacturer of electric cars in the World. Air polluting Internal combustion engine cars will be phased out in stages. Example China's BYD is phasing out production of all full ICE (internal combustion engine) cars this year.

Also, internal combustion engine cars need oxygen to burn, and due to the high altitute thin air in Tibet thus less oxygen, electric cars are more efficient on the highland plateau.

Electric cars do not pollute air, and China is leading the World in solar and wind powered electricity generation. China is getting more clear blue skies in a year than every other previous year, while adding 20 million new passenger cars on the road annually.

Tibet is sparsely populated and motor roads are only link to outside world for many towns and villages.

#Prosperity On the Plateau: From horseback to horsepower​

Owning a car was once far out of reach for ordinary Tibetans before the peaceful liberation of Tibet in 1951, with car ownership limited to the privileged few. Back then, there were no concrete roads, and cars had to be disassembled and transported to the plateau on horses and mules' backs. After reassembly, the roads they ran on were little more than dirt tracks.

In the remote mountain village of Baka in Ali Prefecture, Soinam Doje, 66, recollects his youth. When he was little, to leave the valley his family had to row a cattle-skin raft across the Pagri River's rapid waters. After that, they had to walk; only rich people rode horses.

Today, every household in Baka uses a pickup truck to drive their flocks.

"I couldn't imagine that our once muddy legs would ever step on an accelerator pedal," said Soinam.

Today, paved roads link Baka with other parts of Tibet, connecting it to a highway network that weaves 116,700 km across the southwestern Chinese region.

139663691_16105073794661n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom