What's new

Average Pakistani Soldier

The guns the PA soldier/ranger carries are better than the guns with our soldiers, atleast visually their guns look more lethal. The INSAS looks sick.

Well I guess PK-08 will look like either the HK-33EA2 or -33EA3, except it'll have an Aimpoint scope and folding stock. Still should be a fairly good weapon, let's see if PA even does the switch to 5.56mm.

http://www.policia.es/geo/fusil_asalto_hk33_grande.jpg

I strongly support the conversion:

1. The 7,62 mm is too heavy.
2. It has too much recoil.
3. Infantry engagements typically take place at less then 200 meters, so the additional range of the 7,62 mm is not needed.
4. There is plenty of punch in the 5,56 mm especially the much improved SS109 M855 bullets that are now standard-issue. To sum up, The G3A3 was not a bad weapon in it's day; but we need the weapon of 21 century.

i am not a military man but i heard that the americans are having problems putting downs insurgents during firefights.

i am not a military man but i heard that the americans are having problems putting downs insurgents during firefights.

Yeah I have heard similar rumours. It is probably due to the newer types of ammunition being designed to penetrate body armour. Since most of the insurgents don't wear body armour the round is probably passing through the target but not incapacitating them.

i heard reports that they are now going the 6.8mm round that is accurate but also has stopping power similar to the 7.62mm round.

i heard reports that they are now going the 6.8mm round that is accurate but also has stopping power similar to the 7.62mm round.

Well a calibre switch is no small deal. It would cause problems within Nato which would all have to switch as well. plus the costs to switch would be astronomical (even for the U.S.) So it would probably be after the current situations are resolved.

Hi I'm not that familiar with the army I mostly research facts about the air force, but I was just wondering if the body armour that the pak army uses is that effective compared to that used by American Army

Hi I'm not that familiar with the army I mostly research facts about the air force, but I was just wondering if the body armour that the pak army uses is that effective compared to that used by American Army
Right now it appears Pakistani paramilitary/interior units such as the Rangers and Frontier Corps are getting new body armor and helmets in numbers. The regular Pakistan Army infantry are mostly the same today as they were before 2004 - when I started seeing paramilitary units in kevlar.

Given the growing importance of Pakistan's interior forces in situations like Waziristan & Lal Masjid, I'm not surprised that the Army infantry are a later priority. The regular Army's job is to fight direct external threats, take part in international missions and stuff like that...these days Pakistan has suffered a lot more from internal issues than direct external issues.

For now priority is being given to paramilitary/interior infantry and special forces in military and civilian organizations. However modernization of the regular infantry appears to be a very long-term and expensive process. Right now there's a potential new assault rifle requirement for 500 000 weapons with firms like FN Herstal competing - for a start.

We also got high ranking Indian Army officers are apparently studying new-generation infantry concepts such as FELIN and Land Warrior. Given that the IA's growing focus, I imagine PA is looking at future infantry developments around the world...stuff like the Sagem FELIN being shown at IDEAS 2006; Chinese developments in digital camouflage and new-generation body armor - as well as PLA studies in new-gen. infantry....

Do we have any standard assualt rifle for our soldiers? If so what is our standard assualt rifle? Maybe i shud know this...

; Chinese developments in digital camouflage and new-generation body armor - as well as PLA studies in new-gen. infantry....

An extremely informative post, I would like to know more about the new infantary camo tech with the chinese, what i saw was a direct offshoot of the american one's.

Back
Top Bottom