What's new

Average Pakistani Soldier

Pakistan should try their hands on G36. Especially for urban warfare. And if they like it, since they already have a license to build G3's I don't see why Germany wouldn't give them a license for G36's. There is so many options with G36, and ofcoarse Pakistan Army is already used to H&K, and their reliability. G36 is a far better deal than M4A1 and the lot.

I have seen a lot of pictures from the gallery that show all the soldiers tucking the butt of their weapon under their armpits. Also in others I see them on security (in some of the aircraft exhibitions with the sling on holding the weapon. I really hope this is not standard training as it is bloody annoying and unprofessional. Plus inefficient.:tdown:

Does anyone know what kind of field rations are issued?

Oh the biggest improvement will come from the radio purchases made last year (5000 units) comms will make the difference there.

Keyser,

The Pakistani troops are not inclined to carrying field rations in the forms of MRE etc. Usually a langar is always attached to units in the field and the troops get their meals with the Langar detachment. In SF units etc., the operators are expected to pack their own food but here too its not in the form of energy bars etc., usually its rotees and uncooked food like rice, lentils, high energy biscuits etc....the type of food that jawans/Officers in Pakistan usually prefer instead of canned/processed food.

gun with the grenatde launcher looks wierd. i saw the same thing done by HK theirs was looking a loot better.

The G3 in question is actually a display rifle with it internal components exposed for viewers thus it may be looking a bit different. As far as I know, the PK-8 is essentially a similar weapon to G-3 and would allow the 40mm UBGL as shown in the ISPR pictures to be carried over to the 5.56 version weapon as well as the current inventory of G-3s.

Keyser,

The Pakistani troops are not inclined to carrying field rations in the forms of MRE etc. Usually a langar is always attached to units in the field and the troops get their meals with the Langar detachment. In SF units etc., the operators are expected to pack their own food but here too its not in the form of energy bars etc., usually its rotees and uncooked food like rice, lentils, high energy biscuits etc....the type of food that jawans/Officers in Pakistan usually prefer instead of canned/processed food.

Yes. That is interesting. The reason I ask is that it increases the logistical reliance for the troops. Thereby reducing the flexibility of the troops in the field. I am surprised the SSG are carrying food that needs to be cooked. I was taught that under the sort of routine that a SF operator would have to go through. The likelihood of cooking is rare.

Yes. That is interesting. The reason I ask is that it increases the logistical reliance for the troops. Thereby reducing the flexibility of the troops in the field. I am surprised the SSG are carrying food that needs to be cooked. I was taught that under the sort of routine that a SF operator would have to go through. The likelihood of cooking is rare.

Well the cooked part is "rotis" ;) Rest is on your own. You decide what you want to take and how you will manage it as you are on your own (I know this as my family members in the SSG have actually been in operations where they had to load out on their own as per the way things are done in the SSG). As I mentioned, some things aside from the staple of roti like energy biscuits etc. also exist.

i think G-36 is the best availible option for pak army and we should aquire that. it has the ability of one shoot and one kill. M4 is good too.
pakistani SF looks deadly. they have a series of successes wether in afghanistan wether in kargil or in liberation of kaaba

Back
Top Bottom