What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

We should declare Siachen as a no-go zone. It's pointless to fight somewhere so up top.

lol, army knows better than you. It is strategic region & it was india who send their troops first in 1984 prompting Pakistan to respond at all cost. india will capture whole Siachen if Pak troops leave that area.

I agree with you on this. This is a good opportunity for India to help and even the US has offered to assist in whatever way they can. Honestly we would be happy if our forces could lend a helping hand and launch a rescue operation. There is no harm in trying even if there is less hope. If somehow the miracle happens and Indian soldiers are deployed for rescuing your soldiers, then it would be a great step towards the closing of the gap/bridge between our two countries. We dont know the fate of these trapped soldiers but trying to rescue them could help prevent another war that could cost much more and develop a friendship that we have missed since independence.

However the process will start either with the Pakistani side asking for help or the Indian side offering it, neither of which has happened yet. The Pakistani media is already killing the morale of the rescue as time withers away. The key in such situations is not to give up because that's all we can do.

Agreed sir - sitting here it seems all so logical but third party involvement, the media and of course our weak leaders combine in making the process hard and next to impossible. I am with a heavy heart today as there has been no news to pin my prayers and hopes on but one thing has pleased me and as Rafi bhai has just posted - the general response of support and condolences has been most grateful.
Something for us to absorb is there has been more than twice as many deaths on this mountain lost to avalanches than in combat - it says it all.
I hope sanity prevails and one side holds the hand out for the other to shake - and lets move forward.

I agree with you on this. This is a good opportunity for India to help and even the US has offered to assist in whatever way they can. Honestly we would be happy if our forces could lend a helping hand and launch a rescue operation. There is no harm in trying even if there is less hope. If somehow the miracle happens and Indian soldiers are deployed for rescuing your soldiers, then it would be a great step towards the closing of the gap/bridge between our two countries. We dont know the fate of these trapped soldiers but trying to rescue them could help prevent another war that could cost much more and develop a friendship that we have missed since independence.

However the process will start either with the Pakistani side asking for help or the Indian side offering it, neither of which has happened yet. The Pakistani media is already killing the morale of the rescue as time withers away. The key in such situations is not to give up because that's all we can do.

There is a history of Indian corporation with Pakistan after a natural disaster, example: India allowed Pakistan army to fly near the line after the big earth-quick . bad luck, the chopper couldn't save the men as it crashed due to bad weather.
so let see if the weather will allow this time for choppers to fly day and night.

lol, army knows better than you. It is strategic region & it was india who send their troops first in 1984 prompting Pakistan to respond at all cost. india will capture whole Siachen if Pak troops leave that area.
Absolutely - Pakistan Army does not have shortage of patriotic men who would go there anything to protect our borders.This region is vital for defense of Skardu.

There is a history of Indian corporation with Pakistan after a natural disaster, example: India allowed Pakistan army to fly near the line after the big earth-quick . bad luck, the chopper couldn't save the men as it crashed due to bad weather.
so let see if the weather will allow this time for choppers to fly day and night.

I think the need of the hour is snow removing machinery.

Both India and Pakistan doesn't have much of these.

I guess USA should help in sending thermal imaging devices to track any alive human down there.....cuz they got that technology....

I too thought about thermal imaging but ...
i am not sure it would work in that thick layer of snow.
secondly the temp is so down that it would be very hard for the device to detect any.

For the families - what they must be going through.

Last edited by a moderator:
india can surely provide choppers...there is no alternative other than those choppers like mi 26.
otherwise U.S may provide chinooks..

india can surely provide choppers...there is no alternative other than those choppers like mi 26.

We have enough choppers, it is man power that is gonna dig the lads out.

oh finally...Zardari has noticed that 130 of hos country's soldiers are buried under Avalanche and called on the Force Commander Northern Areas and assured him of assistance from GOP.
Zardari finally gave a toss about the soldiers after 40 hours.
In any other country the head of the state had cancelled all appointments and came back to the country immediately to overlook the rescue operation and to assure his army and the trapped mens' families...

For the families - what they must be going through.

Bhai we all are worried about our Brothers. but it would be very tuff time for their families.
may ALLAH pak help them .....

Last edited by a moderator:
80 foot ice. . . . its like finding survivours trapped underneath a 10 stroey building rubble!

Chinook: Service ceiling: 18,500 ft (5,640 m)
Is that enough to reach the disaster area?

80 foot ice. . . . its like finding survivors trapped beneath a 10 stroey building which is collapsed!

these are estimates only...it can be better or much worse.

According to TV a team of American experts has reached Pakistan to help in this issue. Pakistan can also ask China to help in this situation. Indian help is not needed and would be rejected by PA. Accepting Indian help would be like humiliating our martyrs.

According to TV a team of American experts has reached Pakistan to help in this issue. Pakistan can also ask China to help in this situation. Indian help is not needed and would be rejected by PA. Accepting Indian help would be like humiliating our martyrs.

they are in Sakardu but wont go to the disaster site until monday morning....

Back
Top Bottom