What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

May God help them and give the concerned power to save the priceless lives!!

we are all proud of our brave armymen serving in he worlds toughest climatic conditions, just, so we can sleep in peace!!

May almighty help them and their families to come out of this situation.My thought and prayers are for them and their families.

IMHO, GoI and the Indian Army can be requested to send some trained rescue teams from HAWS in Gulmarg. There are top-notch instructors there and they have trained teams of canine sniffers including a few St. Bernards. That could be of some assistance.

The fact that reports are speaking of 70-80 ft heaped snow is unfortunately a little discouraging, because in conditions like this literally burrowing through the snow/ice is probably the only workable method. If the buried structures there were framed structures, there is an outside hope of those structures being somewhat intact or partly collapsed affording some possibility of air pockets. If they were sangers with loosely built up walls as is sometimes the case in those regions, then that is a problem. Of course there is the lingering menace of hypothermia besides......

We can only pray like hell that the some good news comes our way. But we must not slacken our hopes anyhow.

Come on yaar are you insane in the membrane? Does it matter? Have some respect for the dead - this is certainly not a thread to start "them and us".
Respect the jawaans - and what their sacrifice has been.

Mr Think Tank :
Its the first time such a big avalanche has happened in the that region and I was interested in the concentration of ice which became the source and studding the forces which might have caused the incidence (it could be change in temperature , ice buildup , pollution in the region, globe warming ). Have you ever heard of incident investigation for future safety ?

I was hoping a Indian member will come and tell me I am insane , Hey I am not saying its man made just before the day India and Pakistan were going to talk about that specific region? did I ? :coffee:

The avalanche on this scale has never been observed in at least last 20 years.
But do they normally occur in this time of the year?
Also this took place at the rear HQ which is at lower altitude and far from the front line posts which are at much higher altitude, again an unusual thing.

Mr Think Tank :
Its the first time such a big avalanche has happened in the that region and I was interested in the concentration of ice which became the source and studding the forces which might have caused the incidence (it could be change in temperature , ice buildup , pollution in the region, globe warming ). Have you ever heard of incident investigation for future safety ?

I was hoping a Indian member will come and tell me I am insane , Hey I am not saying its man made just before the day India and Pakistan were going to talk about that specific region? did I ? :coffee:

535387_405234202822072_138222492856579_1572890_1611015980_n.jpg

7tapn.jpg

16204463.jpg

4-8-2012_43409_l.jpg

The avalanche on this scale has never been observed in at least last 20 years.
But do they normally occur in this time of the year?
Also this took place at the rear HQ which is at lower altitude and far from the front line posts which are at much higher altitude, again an unusual thing.

how come front post were save ? the source or the starting point of avalanche should be study for future safety in building post.

A team of eighth experts have arrived from US. Let's hope for some progress.

Back
Top Bottom