What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
your guy is taking a huge risk for himself by disclosing this information to you when the official narrative is completely opposite.
all people in sensitive facilities civilians & military included, sign a confidentiality agreement and would be deemed in breach of secrecy act if they chose to disclose the ordinary or extra ordinary activities and events in the place of their work which are strictly "need to know".

I am in no position to prove or disprove your claim and his claim but I MUST remind you, that such talk can get him in trouble. ask him though, who else has he disclosed this information? is it just him or does he know more people who know the exact devastation after the attack?

also ask him, if he or his colleagues are planning to approach the media and tell their version? this guy has already shared it to this public forum via yourself so I guess he is ready to blow the whistle.

Exactly that's what my course-mate was saying that he has been gagged not to disclose ANY information. The only thing he said was : "Yar, sab kuch theek hai! Khwa-ma-khwa pareshan matt ho. Keemti jahaz bhi theek hain. Pakistan kabb a rahay ho?"

And most of my course-mates from 9* GDP are way up there. If he was not talking it means AHQ is being really tough in implementing the confidentiality clause. I am not surprised, as AF is one of the most disciplined forces!

RPG did not hit the aircraft head on, but landed near the aircraft, so while the aircraft might be recoverable, the initial assessment last night was that it is destroyed. Now heavy damage is being reported.

silence over what ? they give statement and over what they do more for us ? do you really thing its a matter for them what defense forums debate ? if Parliament or PAC ask them then may be the open details otherwise there is no such need of more statements .

The spokesman did not mention the type of aircraft that was damaged in the attack

finished :D

if the facts are different from the official PAF story then they will eventually come out.
I am going to report these "leaked" stories by the people claiming to be working inside the base

it doest matter if they are true or not, but if they are willing to break the secrecy code and have not been debriefed after the incident then this is something that needs to be addressed.
we have an ISI correspondent who is active in this forum.so hopefully he will flag this issue up in his regular report

And yeah, the PAF is very much tight lipped right now, unlike PA or PN.

This is not the guy only. This version is presented by retired personnel, and senior serving personnel and others. BTW, this version was also presented by some person on TV. So, I am not the only one saying this. Ithas been reported in one media as well.

Note: the RPG did not hit the plane as per the source, rather the area in front of the nose. So, if not destroyed, heavy damage is a possibility.

I believe no one continues to lie through their teeth like that just to gain popularity online. But I do think you could have been missed information, no?

Pakistan and India should get into a bilateral agreement that leads to significant force reduction on the Indo Pak border.. Atleast on the IB if not LOC.. That should free up a lot of resources for Pakistan to deploy in the western theater. If this is done, this would be bigger than any other CBM that our foolish politicians keep dreaming up...

This confidence building measure has been suggested by Pakistan many times before. India always had rejected any such measure.

if the facts are different from the official PAF story then they will eventually come out.
I am going to report these "leaked" stories by the people claiming to be working inside the base

it doest matter if they are true or not, but if they are willing to break the secrecy code and have not been debriefed after the incident then this is something that needs to be addressed.
we have an ISI correspondent who is active in this forum.so hopefully he will flag this issue up in his regular report

I think that you should now delete all this! Unnecessary bad taste being left here.

And TV has no secrecy code right? Specifically ARY? Or that Air Marshal who on TV said that RPG was fired from stand-off range through the hangar door, and you do know the RPG stand-off range.

I believe no one continues to lie through their teeth like that just to gain popularity online. But I do think you could have been missed information, no?

nah, it's not for popularity on the forum. It's just a forum, not a real life jazz club where I get a membership!!!

I could be wrong, I could have had wrong information, but I presented what I think and believe at this moment. You are free to dis-agree with this.

I also find it hard to believe that the incursion point was across the runway from the Hangar and HAS, with a distance of 800m-1.2km.

I think that you should now delete all this! Unnecessary bad taste being left here.

And TV has no secrecy code right? Specifically ARY?

I second that! As this may have very negative repercussions on your source. Don't forget, one bad 'mark' in the file of an officer, means the difference between retiring without any stars on the shoulder and three stars! (well, the fourth one is political :D)

I think the best is, everyone keep silent on their views and the reporting of their sources including media outlets who, we all are quite aware, are reporting biased and adding information from themselves on the basis of being probable.

Avoid rumours and confusion which are being carried away from this thread all over the world. Like I said earlier, lock this thread until PAF and ISPR give their final word. Important updated would be posted by Moderators. It is the best option.

I think the best is, everyone keep silent on their views and the reporting of their sources including media outlets who, we all are quite aware, are reporting biased and adding information from themselves on the basis of being probable.

Avoid rumours and confusion which are being carried away from this thread all over the world. Like I said earlier, lock this thread until PAF and ISPR give their final word. Important updated would be posted by Moderators. It is the best option.
Agreed. Spring cleaning time. Lock and wipe!

You all are trying to confuse Masoom Indians who have their fingers crossed for possible loss of one AWACs. But we will not fall for your attempt. We know nothing was destroyed.....The terrorist were killed way earlier and then PAF burn some tyres for Media to show and misguide us....:D

Can't it be a possibility.:undecided:

“They were armed with automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades,” PAF spokesman Group Captain Tariq Mahmood said. He said at least one of the rockets hit a hangar that was holding some aircraft. The rocket pierced the hangar wall and shrapnel from the explosion damaged one of the aircraft inside. The spokesman did not mention the type of aircraft that was damaged in the attack, but another security official, seeking anonymity, said it was a SAAB-2000 Early Warning and Control System (AWACS) aircraft that was being used for the reconnaissance missions.

Thats what I said. Th only thing that the spokesman did not comment on was the extent of damage. Shrapnel can do some damage can't it? From body damage, to flight control surface damage, to serious damage, to destroying a aircraft.

You all are trying to confuse Masoom Indians who have their fingers crossed for possible loss of one AWACs. But we will not fall for your attempt. We know nothing was destroyed.....The terrorist were killed way earlier and then PAF burn some tyres for Media to show and misguide us....:D

Don't worry mate. AESA leaves a huge echo print. To really confuse you guys: We'll give you 22 distinct echo signatures through out the length of India :D LMAO

Then the guys @ Indian AD: Sir, what's up? The greens have 18 new Awacs! :what:
IAD General: The damn Chinese must have given them 'Eidy' (gift given on Eid) after our guys failed destroying the three! :angry:
ISI: :pop:
PAF: :blink:
Pakistani politicians: :mamba:

Sometimes it makes me wonder , could RAW/CIA be behind these incidents coz Both PC-3 Orions and Saab 2000 are India or USA specific weapons system and these terrorist had specific knowledge about where they were stationed
A dumb terrorist would have first and foremost targetted certain buildings and try to kill maximum people instead of just targeting Saab 2000

...and here Hamid Mir clears the dust on mumbo jumbo reports from different Western and Indian news-outlets stating there were nuclear weapons at the base.

Indian Media is rubbing the story of NY-Times.

With such notorious journalists who reports to support a specific agenda, anything bad is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom