What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Saab news is true then we are seriously fu**ed, Gosh! Bhosdi kiyani once again failed us we have no policy at all he says in
Kakul this war is our, so what you waiting for? Go ahead and eliminate these bastards whole nation is behind you.
For those who don't know Sweden has already ban Pakistan for any kind of military equipment sales so good luck gentleman our skies are much safe now.

i think people overlooking the fact. A RPG pierceing the wall of hangar. Is this the quality of PAF hangars that cant stand a RPG Hit?

If Saab news is true then we are seriously fu**ed, Gosh! Bhosdi kiyani once again failed us we have no policy at all he says in
Kakul this war is our, so what you waiting for? Go ahead and eliminate these bastards whole nation is behind you.
For those who don't know Sweden has already ban Pakistan for any kind of military equipment sales so good luck gentleman our skies are much safe now.

I dont think any aircraft has been destroyed, Might be damaged which could be repaired, I dont think sweden has banned pakistan from purchasing military equipment.

i think people overlooking the fact. A RPG pierceing the wall of hangar. Is this the quality of PAF hangars that cant stand a RPG Hit?

C-130, Saab-2000, IL-78 and other larger aircraft are not usually in Hangars. And quite right the hangars are old and poor, though new ones being built are of quality. (Call for decrease in defence budget as PAF is spending them on renovation of bases to luxuries and tin can hangars are good enough) *Sarcasm off*

With this defence budget, your expectations are higher than they should be.

This war with the extremists is brutal and only exasperated by failure of the Pakistani establishment to see it as such and divert any and all resources to the Western front. The Indian threat is nonexistent. On the other hand terrorists are practically begging for a fight by attacking military establishments in the heart of Pakistan. Pakistanis are so shocked because many still seem convinced that we are merely and reluctantly supporting an American war that would otherwise magically end at the Pak-Afghan border. That is not only far from the truth, it tries to cover up the death and destruction that is taking place in Pakistan as the random acts of a crazy few; all the while the enemy is far better organized and understands who it is waging a war against.

At the same time it is of upmost importance for non-Pakistanis to realize the enormous task that is to fight a war on one's own soil and against one's own people. How is a soldier supposed to differentiate between a civilian and a terrorist when both look alike, speak alike, and act alike. It is not uncommon in Pakistan to have a gun and a guy merely walking by the base checkpoint could turn around, pull out a hidden gun and open fire and the guards would never see it coming. These people don't look like stereotypical extremists seen in Hollywood, they are simply 'us', roaming the streets as normal civilians till the time comes to make their move. The Americans can shoot two Iraqis out of suspicion and one or both could be innocent civilians, but the risk is justified and backlash nonexistent; the same is true for Israel with Palestinians and for that matter, for India with illegal border crossing. Pakistanis cannot use the same approach, every innocent person maimed or killed becomes another addition to the cause of extremist; providing them with another vivid example of death to sway future extremists with; to seek revenge for and to show how the real enemy is the Pakistani establishment. That is to say nothing of the loss for a Pakistani family who would loose an innocent son at the hands of the Pakistani army; try justifying to them that the deceased seemed dangerous or was caught in the crossfire and see how that comes across to the family.

The double edged sword that we are dealing with, leaves little room for error and it requires us to bite the bullet and go all out in this fight. Ripping the scab off the wound in one go maybe painful, but to pick at its peripheries and hope the problem will take care of itself requires the time the Pakistani state doesn't have.

@PFpilot.
Sir, you seem to have put a finger on the nub of the problem.

The problem or threat from internal elements or forces is as great as if not greater than elements or forces from without.
You have said that the (present) threat from India is nonexistent.
Let me try to be provocative; play the Devil's Advocate (or should it be Devil's Prosecutor?!) and say that:
India is a threat, was a threat and will remain a threat. But today India seems to be in a position to be a threat without doing much or even anything at all. To borrow a phrase from yester-years (which was used in a different context)- India is waging a "sitzkrieg".

WHY??
Because India does NOT need to do very much. Neither will India want to do much.
On the contrary, India has understood the dire need to grow as a society, as an economy; but with a very long way to go. I hope some of the discussants here are able to understand that before jumping to any conclusions.
Which can only remind one of a panic-stricken soldier letting loose his weapon in all directions. While thinking that he is fighting a war.

The attacks that have taken place in the past, i.e. GHQ, PNS Mehran, various Security Estt. as well as this one clearly indicate local involvement in facilitation and execution. And that factor does not seem to have been clearly understood or exposed in the investigations/inquiries that have been undertaken so far. That is really worrisome.
Exposing internal threats is much more difficult than identifying and exposing external ones. The reason is (as you put it so precisely) is that "they are simply 'us'"; they look like 'us', they talk like 'us', they behave like 'us' (on the surface) and we can even get lulled into thinking that they think like 'us'.

The process to eliminate these forces from Pakistan is not easy at this time, but tragically and more so dangerously; with the passage of time it will get even more difficult. That bears thinking about.

As an Indian, I do not see any satisfaction in seeing this happen again and again on an ever increasing scale. Its not about seeing some aircraft being destroyed (you may assume that I celebrated that), but to see a society facing a threat of being destroyed is something else. The portents of that are there, first these elements took on common people at the bottom of the heap (like the attack at Data Darbar), now they have upscaled their targets much higher; give that a thought.

And Icarus (my friend and colleague on this forum) this is for you.
One man in uniform laid down his life doing his job, a great job. I mourn that, I also mourn that his life was taken away by people who might have very well have been from his own. To me that is the greatest tragedy.
You will understand what I mean.

Don't know about airforce, but PAA hangars are pretty thin, and RPG can easily dismantle them.

And as last Hope said, IL-78 and C-130 are not in hangars usually.

whats the source of this info for you and nuclearpak as its quite opposite to the PAF official version and they cant hide such huge losses for long and if discovered later that would be a big embarrassment for PAF..

mate officials are not even willing to give the name/type of the aircraft that got damaged...whats the fuss about in releasing the name of the aircraft ?...when they have mentioned each and every thing regarding whole operation then what is the big deal in aircraft type...when navy can release the info about p-3c orions destruction why not PAF mentioned a name of an aircraft that just got minor damage? whats is so sensitive about it

Reuters mentioned the damaged aircraft to be il-78, geo mentioned it as saab-2000 erieye, then a PAF spokes person says no damage to any aircraft, then he says no the aircraft got minor damage but i cant mention the name , then a news comes out about the splinters just hitting the erieye then naveed qamar says total contradictory thing that erieye got damaged and hit by a grenade on nose cone ...now hitting a grenade on nose cone is hell different to few shrapnel hitting aircraft.... Now you see how contradicting every report is from the other one?

Had it been a single minor damage then why so much confusion among not the lay man but officials and why so many contradicting statements ....If still its not enough for you to be suspicious than i dont know what it takes to hit the wall

Right guys, at long last, managed to speak to my contact, apart from all the scum bags wasted, one aircraft was damaged.

A press release will be issued by the PAF in a day or two.

Right guys, at long last, managed to speak to my contact, apart from all the scum bags wasted, one aircraft was damaged.

which aircraft ?how much it damage can be repaired or tai tai fish ?

Don't know about airforce, but PAA hangars are pretty thin, and RPG can easily dismantle them.

And as last Hope said, IL-78 and C-130 are not in hangars usually.

Large aircraft usually get parked outside, while getting hangared for maintenance. I think few AFs can afford the luxury of hangaring all their aircraft, esp the larger ones. Compared to fighters etc. with their (relatively) large bubble canopies, large a/c are less susceptible to the ravages of weather.

which aircraft ?how much it damage can be repaired or tai tai fish ?

He was in a meeting, i spoke to him briefly, obviously other people present, he couldn't share all the details, however, repairable damage. !!

My source also said the same thing but we have to wait, maybe the silence and spread of confusing news reports is deliberate to intercept terror connections and coms.

I heard that one of the aircraft was badly damaged. Was it the Il-76 tanker?

It is better to lose IL-78 than Saab-2000.

Talking to me few weeks ago, Air Cdr Kaiser Tufail was criticizing the IL-78 saying that was a poor choice of luxury by PAF. Why do we need IL-78s which (currently) only refuel Mirage and in near future JF-17? They cannot refuel F-16s and the flying hour is no good either.

I can carry on but the point is, losing an IL-78 is better than losing an Saab-2000. Same with damage, damaged IL-78 is better than damaged Saab-2000. The damage was however, according to the new Chairman of Think Tank team, minimal and could be repaired in hardly a day's time, after it is in PAC Kamra!

My source also said the same thing but we have to wait, maybe the silence and spread of confusing news reports is deliberate to intercept terror connections and coms.

:whistle: :azn: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom