What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
403989_421813721187389_1046522054_n.jpg

So thats one, now what about the other two.

Another thing to note is that the aircraft is not in a HAS.

That photo is actually from the induction ceremony, not recent.

35mdqgm.jpg

29bf2g3.jpg

This fuel dump was on fire when news channels showed smoke rising from the base..
The Hanger you show here does look like probable storage place of the SAAB awacs.....
The question is were these hangers reinforced?
If they were Reinforced then RPG fire couldn't have penetrated....

Do you mean like a HAS? Doesn't look like it, I don't think its possible to make HAS for big planes anyways. RPG can destroy tanks, aircraft hangar is possible too.

India dont need to worry about 2-3 Awacs of Pakistan.. India has massive conventional edge. 2-3 Awacs are not gonna make any difference to India in a conventional war with Pakistan.

Infact if Pakistan were to fight and promise not to use Nukes, India would be willing to give 5 Awacs to Pakistan to fight war with India itself.

but bete jee

at this time Pakistan has 4 saab-2000 and 2 ZDK-03 TOTAL 6 AWACS

and india has only 3 phalcons in hands

to ab apny daddy se keh ker or 2 khareedy phir 5 poory ker ke humy dena

I understand the gist of your statement. But amazingly, at the present time whatever positive movements that are taking place are at the level of the Politicos (at least the ones holding the reins of power in both countries). While unbelievably, the common populace (which could be the biggest beneficiaries) are fighting shy of committing whole-hearted support to these moves; instead very hastily finding "Sellouts" at the drop of a hat.

While the respective Security Establishments are tending towards some form of Neutrality.

Does that not seem to be a Big Conundrum?

(your response to Karan.1970 just triggered that thought)

You're completely right, but that is why I feel politicians fail when it counts because they only do the minimum required to garner re-election. The general public on both sides, swayed by constant propaganda, doesn't have any urgency in dealing with matters...or worse would prefer the status quo to a situation that may seem like a one way concession. So any politician will wonder what is the use of risking his/her political career for gains that will be accomplished long after their time.

I have my doubts as to how sincere the efforts are by the higher ups in dealing with the Indo-Pak issues...generations of conflict require creative solutions. I often feel the leaders go through the motions to make it seem as though they are putting forth their best effort. Only doing so to increase their leverage when a time comes to irrationally demand concessions at a later date, by proclaiming they have done all they can. I maybe wrong here and this may just be the famed Pakistani love affair with conspiracies that compels me to think this way; years of failed attempts at peace that focus on all the wrong topics and disregard all that is irrational about our disagreements has made me suspicious of politicians.

What i got to know from someone is that the Aircraft damaged is a SAAB 2000 AWACS that is confirmed.But the extent of the damage was not disclosed. Lets be hopeful that the damage is repairable- Keeping my fingers crossed :meeting:

Actually, if I go back to the Mehran Airbase, I do recollect that USA replaced the 2 destroyed P3C Orions.. So may be all this confusion is to get another freebie from USA of the AWACS type ;)

Then one wonders who undertook the renovation of the Taj.

Right guys, at long last, managed to speak to my contact, apart from all the scum bags wasted, one aircraft was damaged.

A press release will be issued by the PAF in a day or two.

Finally. So can you people forgive me now!:D

but bete jee

at this time Pakistan has 4 saab-2000 and 2 ZDK-03 TOTAL 6 AWACS

and india has only 3 phalcons in hands

to ab apny daddy se keh ker or 2 khareedy phir 5 poory ker ke humy dena

woh time lagega.. abhi order karna hai.. jab chahiye honge tab milenge abhi nai :P

What i got to know from someone is that the Aircraft damaged is a SAAB 2000 AWACS that is confirmed.But the extent of the damage was not disclosed. Lets be hopeful that the damage is repairable- Keeping my fingers crossed :meeting:

Yes. THe Damage was at first time thought to be completely gone. Then after some more analysis, it was deemed that although the damage is significant, it was repairable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom