What's new

ATR-72 for Pakistan Navy

If we look at the numbers then I guess Atlantiques are to be replaced. PN has 6 Fokkers and had 2 Atlantiques. The talk going on is about the purchasing of 2 ATR's. Hence the replacement of 2 Atlantiques with 2 ATR's makes sense.

Except if PN is looking to retire 2 or 3 oldest Fokkers in favor of 2 new ATR's.

Yeah...the news articles say that Fokkers are going to be replaced (there are no direct quotes though), but the aircraft that has been retired is Atlantique. Another thing is that there is also talk that ATR will also be used in a transport role, and Fokker is also in a transport role. The outgoing aircraft (Atlantique) was not used as a transport IMO.

It certainly is one to look out for...

getting ready for PN

avc_00290091.jpg

avc_00290210.jpg

So looks like it will just be a normal VIP/Cargo platform, not a ASW or MPA. So not a replacement for Atlantiques.

BTW, isn't the flag painted wrong in the above pic?

So looks like it will just be a normal VIP/Cargo platform, not a ASW or MPA. So not a replacement for Atlantiques.

BTW, isn't the flag painted wrong in the above pic?

The ac we see in the pic is to serve as the trainer for crew fimilarization, after the crew are ready the MPA will be delivered.

p.s : are the atr brand new or referbished ? cuz from the pic it looks like referbished with spanish registeration.

The ac we see in the pic is to serve as the trainer for crew fimilarization, after the crew are ready the MPA will be delivered.

p.s : are the atr brand new or referbished ? cuz from the pic it looks like referbished with spanish registeration.

Yup they are refurbished. Nearly 9 years old, Binter Canarias was the last airline.

So this would be like the Saabs, one for crew familiarization and the rest for actual roles.

The ATR has left Spain on it's delivery flight, will probably make a couple of stops in the way.

Yeah...the news articles say that Fokkers are going to be replaced (there are no direct quotes though), but the aircraft that has been retired is Atlantique. Another thing is that there is also talk that ATR will also be used in a transport role, and Fokker is also in a transport role. The outgoing aircraft (Atlantique) was not used as a transport IMO.

It certainly is one to look out for...

what Atlantique is retired???:what:
ATR can carry weapons?? i don't think they can...while Atlantique can be used for anti ship role...
so wt about that??
ATR will just be a reconnaissance aircraft with a radar fitted on it for this purpose??

I think with at least 7-9 P-3Cs, PN has much increased Anti-Ship and Anti-Submarine Capability compared to the past.

what Atlantique is retired???:what:
ATR can carry weapons?? i don't think they can...while Atlantique can be used for anti ship role...
so wt about that??
ATR will just be a reconnaissance aircraft with a radar fitted on it for this purpose??

I think with at least 7-9 P-3Cs, PN has much increased Anti-Ship and Anti-Submarine Capability compared to the past.

well but we should have 2 platforms...:thinktank:
and P3-Cs came for almost free...
P3-Cs use Harpoons and all stuff from US which is unpredictable :nono:
and i heard that ATR will also be surveillance aircraft with some kind og radar fitted on it...

Back
Top Bottom