What's new

Atheist Conversion to Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it alarming that people completely discredit scientific facts and theories. Science can't explain everything but it never claims it can. What it does explain is backed by large amounts of evidence and data. Where as in religion we need to take it on "faith" that this is what happened and criticism which science needs in order to prove its hypothesis is something religion simply negates altogether. No criticism allowed nor does it want it and it is never wrong. It holds ground completely opposite of science.

I was refraining posting from other sources here in this discussion because it take away all fun in arguing. You did it....! I guess arguments are over.

right i linked him to that video so that he doesn't have to take my word on it. Neil degrasse tyson explianed how the universe isn't perfect and concidring he is an astro-physist i thought he'll rather listen to him.

Thats quite a funny way of running from an argument tbh.

It depends how you define Perfect-
I cant watch youtube from office- I'll see what you have to say from home-

Mean while about Miracles- what makes science believe them- Can Miracles be Proved?-

Depends on the miricles i sopouse :P.

Of course, but the point is that science is neither incompatible with God, nor does it make Him redundant. Goedel proved that any system of reasoning is ultimately based on axioms which cannot be proved and must be taken on faith. That's where God comes in -- for people who want to believe in God.

I do think you're reading too much into Goedel.

We can never find an all-encompassing axiomatic system which is able to prove all mathematical truths, but no falsehoods.

It only proves my point, there can't be anything unquestionable in Science. Where does the faith part fit in?

The point is Science is NOT the answer to all question, but I'd rather not venture into religion for my quest of knowledge. I may as well be spiritual at some point of my life, but never religious.

Our only connection with the physical world is through our senses. If every input to the brain is controlled by a sufficiently complex computer program that ensures self-consistency, there is no way we can detect its existence.

I have learned some thing new today :D- Thanks for this wonderful technical info-

Already addressed in the other post. Science, like any system of reasoning, is ultimately based on unprovable axioms.

Our only connection with the physical world is through our senses. If every input to the brain is controlled by a sufficiently complex computer program that ensures self-consistency, there is no way we can detect its existence.

The senses are only I/O devices, nothing can replicate the way you rationalise your inputs into a coherent post, which is unique for each one of us.

Right while i am on the subject. I would like to know what are muslims opinion on the subject of apostasy in islam?

Should the person who leave islam be put to death and why ?

Lets make science a new religion- for Atheist i think it already is-
Because the most common argument non believers produce when asked of their religion is- No i do not believe in religion i believe in science and miracles-

Miracles could be another religion too- :D-

I am about to start a-levels in astronomy so i am on the jounry. and yes i know you can have babies but not with out the planting of sperm, where as mary "wasn't touched by any man".

The more i learn sceince the more i think relegion is trival. Sceince teahces about evolution where as muslims reject it.

And i was refering to verse in koran in which shooting stars are told to be missle used to fire at the devil. I'll look up for the refrence if you want.

So your questions are changing in remarks/blames..!!

First tell me your source of knowledge about Mary? what did you read, Bible or Quran?

Islam rejecting popular scientific beliefs is nothing new and evolution is another one of such scientific beliefs.

So principally you shouldn't believe in Hinduism as well.. but you never showed equally strong resentment against hinduism.

Islam is for those who seek guidance not for those who seek mockery and all what you are doing is mocking Islam.

If i say some thing against monkeyism than 'zil-e-ilahi' will come to save you.

If you didn't like the thread than simply follow your colleague who is advising others to skip it.

Because the most common argument non believers produce when asked of their religion is- No i do not believe in religion i believe in science and miracles-

Believing Science is oxymoron. :|

Let me ask you a question, does your faith let you to question itself?

Right while i am on the subject. I would like to know what are muslims opinion on the subject of apostasy in islam?

Should the person who leave islam be put to death and why ?

I see a trap being layed- :lol:

The point is Science is NOT the answer to all question, but I'd rather not venture into religion for my quest of knowledge. I may as well be spiritual at some point of my life, but never religious.

I am not discounting science. Of course, it is our best tool to understand and manipulate the physical world. All I am saying is that science does not disprove or remove the need for God. Science and God are not incompatible.

This of it this way. Science can take us to the very beginning of the universe, or multiverse if you believe in M-theory, but there will always remain the question of how it all started. Even if you avoid the question by postulating circular time or see-saw time, the question still remains.

Moreover there is the question of universal constants in physics. They just happen to have values that are just right. How did that come about?

No one is atheist here..
They are the one who report you without delay, if you disrespect a holy monkey.
Have you ever seen popular atheists on this forum abstaining from Hindu festivities.
They get back at you, without delay, when you disagree to any of their belief!

Believing Science is oxymoron. :|

Let me ask you a question, does your faith let you to question itself?

Yes of course it does- If i am not mentally or Spiritually satisfied with my Religion- Why will i choose it?- i had my questions and had all my answers-

Have you ever seen popular atheists on this forum abstaining from Hindu festivities or getting back at you when you disagree to any of their belief!

One can be an atheist and a Hindu at the same time. Hinduism has a whole atheistic branch

One can be atheist and Buddhist too. Since Buddhism is essentially atheistic

One can be atheist and Jain too, since Jainism is more of a moral philosophy.

But one can't be atheist and Muslim since belief in the one true god is fundamental to Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom