What's new

Atheist Conversion to Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before people jump in, let me clarify that the 'proof' here is not about God, but that science is ultimately based on faith.

Science attempts to provide explanations for how the physical world operates. It can be self-consistent but, at the end of the day, you can never know if you are not just plugged into the Matrix.

Of all the things that attempts to provide explanation of my existence, Science seems to me most convincing.

Talk to me.. as i told you, to go down scientific direction ... it is you who need to learn science....
To answer your questions: if a man can born out of non-virgin than why it can't be born out of virgin... haven't you ever heard of women delivering babies without sex?
Since you wish scientific way so forget about prophet Muhammad pbuh. and focus more on the science of time and space which is scientifically proven.. though much later.
I didn't get your question about stars? but what we know about stars was given in Quran.
You have to be precise about your question.

I am about to start a-levels in astronomy so i am on the jounry. and yes i know you can have babies but not with out the planting of sperm, where as mary "wasn't touched by any man".

The more i learn sceince the more i think relegion is trival. Sceince teahces about evolution where as muslims reject it.

And i was refering to verse in koran in which shooting stars are told to be missle used to fire at the devil. I'll look up for the refrence if you want.

Before people jump in, let me clarify that the 'proof' here is not about God, but that science is ultimately based on faith.
Science is NOT about faith. Defeats the whole purpose of science. Its all about experimentation and results, observations and facts. Like Abir said, its about skepticism and questioning.

Faith, on the other hand, does not demand such rigorous investigation. You BLINDLY follow its doctrines without questioning. Thats why you have "Shephards" in faith to "guide" you, while in Science y anyone can question even the most highly respected expert and will not be called a blasphemer or sacrilegious. Get it?
Science attempts to provide explanations for how the physical world operates. It can be self-consistent but, at the end of the day, you can never know if you are not just plugged into the Matrix.
Thats delusion speaking. Unless there is irrefutable proof based on facts, that you are plugged into the matrix, it is all a delusion. Just like religion.

okay mabye we can't have a conversation with out insult. I never said anything about an alien rock. where as you claim that an invisble being in the ky creating everything , a man was born of a virgin , adam and eve were the first 2 humans, muhmaad travled thourgh space and time on a flying horse,stars are missle to keep the devil from entering heaven.

yea i rather believe in an alien rock

If universe can appear out of nowhere 'boom' without any GOD.... than why not a man be born by a virgin? Think
(sorry I am allergic to posting lengthy post so I have tried to convey my message in one line only)

Of all the things that attempts to provide explanation of my existence, Science seems to me most convincing.

Of course, but the point is that science is neither incompatible with God, nor does it make Him redundant. Goedel proved that any system of reasoning is ultimately based on axioms which cannot be proved and must be taken on faith. That's where God comes in -- for people who want to believe in God.

If universe can appear out of nowhere 'boom' without any GOD.... than why not a man be born by a virgin? Think
(sorry I am allergic to posting lengthy post so I have tried to convey my message in one line only)

Who said that universe came out of no where? we simply don't know how it started but just beacuse we don't know it doesn't mean that god created it. thats the God of gaps argument and one of the most pathatic one.

Also since you beleive that he was born of viring. In inida there is a simler cliam about sayti sahi baba and that he was born of virgin do you also beleive that cliam ?

Apparently- according to science- Some mere miracles were involved in the perfect creation of this universe- What science can't explain it put them on miracles- The focus should be on these precise and systematized Miracles- Why the educated scientific people believes in miracles but not God is above me-

Apparently- according to science- Some mere miracles were involved in the perfect creation of this universe- What science can't explain it put them on miracles- The focus should be on these precise and systematized Miracles- Why the educated scientific people believes in miracles but not God is above me-

.... the universe isn't perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Science is NOT about faith. Defeats the whole purpose of science. Its all about experimentation and results, observations and facts. Like Abir said, its about skepticism and questioning.

Faith, on the other hand, does not demand such rigorous investigation. You BLINDLY follow its doctrines without questioning. Thats why you have "Shephards" in faith to "guide" you, while in Science y anyone can question even the most highly respected expert and will not be called a blasphemer or sacrilegious. Get it?

Already addressed in the other post. Science, like any system of reasoning, is ultimately based on unprovable axioms.

Thats delusion speaking. Unless there is irrefutable proof based on facts, that you are plugged into the matrix, it is all a delusion. Just like religion.

Our only connection with the physical world is through our senses. If every input to the brain is controlled by a sufficiently complex computer program that ensures self-consistency, there is no way we can detect its existence.

Who said that universe came out of no where? we simply don't know how it started but just beacuse we don't know it doesn't mean that god created it. thats the God of gaps argument and one of the most pathatic one.

Hey! this is not what you said but Science...! You believe in science so you should be subscribing that...!

Hey! this is not what you said but Science...! You believe in science so you should be subscribing that...!
No scientist asrets that universe was created from nothing here i'll name a few. Neil degrasse tyson , Richard dawkins , lawrence karrus , bill nye.

People liek stephen hawking and lawrence karrus do how ever say thats a possibility but they don't out right say the universe is created from nothing.

My awsner is simple I don't know. where as you asert that your specail invisble being up in the sky created everything.

.... the universe isn't perfect.

It depends how you define Perfect-
I cant watch youtube from office- I'll see what you have to say from home-

Mean while about Miracles- what makes science believe them- Can Miracles be Proved?-

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, but the point is that science is neither incompatible with God, nor does it make Him redundant. Goedel proved that any system of reasoning is ultimately based on axioms which cannot be proved and must be taken on faith. That's where God comes in -- for people who want to believe in God.

I do think you're reading too much into Goedel.

We can never find an all-encompassing axiomatic system which is able to prove all mathematical truths, but no falsehoods.

It only proves my point, there can't be anything unquestionable in Science. Where does the faith part fit in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom