What's new

Atheist Conversion to Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole point of science is questioning the proven, and come out with more acceptable explanation, there may not be answers of many, but then again there is no absolute truth in Science. How can a sceptical mind be religious, that beats the whole purpose of faith!

We are talking about a different level of belief and faith that pushes God to a more indirect role. A scientist who believes in God doesn't think that lightning happens because Zeus or Thor are throwing darts at humans. They understand the physics of the phenomenon. They even understand and accept the rest of physics which, through observation and experiment, pushes the boundary of our understanding back to a few universal constants which dictate the observed laws.

But questions still remain. Why did those constants have these values in the first place? What ensures that the laws of physics remain consistent across time and space? If you answer these questions, they will only bring up other, more basic questions. That is what Goedel proved. A religious scientist might attribute these answers to God. Essentially, God set up a few parameters and set the machinery of physics in motion.

The idea is given exactly same inputs, you and I just as everyone else in this world will follow mutually exclusive thought process. Hence there can't be no matrix.

No, it only means that, given the same inputs, you and I will come up with different idea of reality. There is no guarantee that either of us will be 'right'. The matrix would exist regardless of our conclusions.

Remember, the matrix only has to be self-consistent. If we form an incorrect theory based on the inputs, the matrix has no obligation to conform to 'our' reality. We would do some experiment and the input from the resulting observation would be wrong, forcing us to reevaluate our concept of reality. But we still would not know if we were dealing with an actual physical reality or a self-consistent simulation.

He was obviously never a truely rational thinker in the first place. He just had not decided which fantasy was most appealing or comforting to him... As he explains he is deeply insecure and was looking for "guidance"..

You don't "convert" away from skepticism and rational thinking because it is not a dogma but a way of thinking and looking at the world in a naturalistic way.
If you study science it changes the way your mind works and teaches you to think more deeply about things. To be skeptic about extraordinary claim for which there is no evidence.

That's why "Atheist" is not a good term as Sam Harris often explains because it merely denotes the absence of believe in a theism but not what is in its place. A truly rational person who embraces evidence-based argument and logic will not fall for any religion, it would simply not make sense..

I mean how do you brought up as an atheist. Your parent told you look beta, there's no gods and goddesses, everything creation of man to fight their own weakness, now have some more idlli - and you believed them? Then you're a believer, not an agnostic/atheist.

Actually he can be an atheist. Atheist is one who does not believe in God and it may be because of 'n' number of reasons.

The word you could have used to convey your meaning better should have been 'rationalist' IMO.

He could not have been a rationalist because he did not think for himself and went by his parent's words. But sure as hell he could have been an atheist because he did not believe in God.

We are talking about a different level of belief and faith that pushes God to a more indirect role. A scientist who believes in God doesn't think that lightning happens because Zeus or Thor are throwing darts at humans. They understand the physics of the phenomenon. They even understand and accept the rest of physics which, through observation and experiment, pushes the boundary of our understanding back to a few universal constants which dictate the observed laws.

But questions still remain. Why did those constants have these values in the first place? What ensures that the laws of physics remain consistent across time and space? If you answer these questions, they will only bring up other, more basic questions. That is what Goedel proved. A religious scientist might attribute these answers to God. Essentially, God set up a few parameters and set the machinery of physics in motion.

The point is that you can discredit every known religious text of their claim of being true. You are doing the usual exercise of stating that science cannot explain everything. Maybe but so what? Everything that is explained as true in religious texts is invariably nonsense and can never have proof as its backing. Which is why it is called belief. This business of trying to find gaps in explanations and attempting to insert God into it (for which the same person needs no proof) is not tenable because those gaps are getting smaller as our understanding grows. Sure, more gaps will open up elsewhere & the interested ones will rush there to claim the absence of proof (temporarily) as proof of presence of God. Not one of those arguing will defend the texts that constitute present religious belief since they are essentially indefensible. The honest way to do the defending of the "God idea" would be to jettison present beliefs & come up with a more complex one as suggested by you - a indirect belief. What a "religious scientist" might attribute to God is simply not compatible with ordinary religious beliefs.

Moreover there is the question of universal constants in physics. They just happen to have values that are just right. How did that come about?

That right there. That right to question experimental data is what 'makes' Science. Can you do that in religions?

Already addressed in the other post. Science, like any system of reasoning, is ultimately based on unprovable axioms.
Addressed, but not quite convincing. Science is reasoning. It is NOT based on unprovable axioms, but based on experimentation and observation to find solutions to problems, in the process prove or disprove a theory. One cannot say the same about faith - in faith one does not/should not/must not question "established" beliefs.
Our only connection with the physical world is through our senses. If every input to the brain is controlled by a sufficiently complex computer program that ensures self-consistency, there is no way we can detect its existence.
Lol, lot of Matrix much?

Any logical person who researches and put the teaching , and message together can see the truth its crystal clear -

I watched his story quite a few times, simple yet very interestingly put forward.

I watched the video. Saw his reasons for converting. And they are irrefutable arguments I can't believe how wrong I and foolish I was. Islam is better then other religions I accept it and I accept there is no god but Allah now. Brothers and sisters I want to convert to Islam I have finally seen the light and I also heard strange voices in my head that cleared my doubts.

I am sorry for hurting you guys now how do I officially become a Muslim ?

everything has a starting point of its existence...answer my question and i start believing in god....if god exists when and where was the starting moment its existence..is he a male or female?:lol: if god has to exist he has to have its first moment of existence...how did that moment come about..?what created god that it came into existence??..

same can be said about nature..but u have to chose one thing and i choose nature..because i see,feel the power of nature but i cant see or feel thhe presence of god..

How did god in its first time came into existence???? Theists please answer me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom