What's new

At last Pakistan is getting J-10

J-10 will be available with full ToT and it remains a cheaper option for PAF rather than the F-16.
The pirchase of two batches of F-16's will help to boost our capabilty and close the growing gap with IAF.
We don't need them in bigger numbers.
Like somebody already pointed out in this thread, our engeneers will modify and further develop the J-10A with European avionics and weapons to J-10C standard wich will do the same job as block 52 F-16.

Neo said:
[/indent]Mel,
Read this weeks Flight International. The article reporta that PAF is to cut down the number of F-16 back to 24-36 (new ones) due aftermath of the Oct 8t EQ.
Officially we have ordered 16 Jf-17's and there are no cuts backs in the original planned 150 fighters and that will remain our first priority.
Btw, the redesigned Thunder will make the first flight this month. :thumbsup:

Greece has ordered two new batches of F-16's and that will keep the production gap well running till next year, so PAF has bought more time to decide exact number of Falcons.
Decision is expected in June this year.

When was the last time flight international was actually right?
Pakistan is not stupid enough to just go for 24-36 F-16's which in no way would make a difference against india which is inducting Su-30mki in large numbers and is about to choose advanced MRCA.Pakistan will likely go for over 75 with a mix of latest and mlu f-16's.India is about to choose its MRCA, we can take political advantage of this by going for a fighter that looses in the MRCA competition which will likely be the Eurofighter and Rafale.So lets say for the MRCA india chooses mig-29m of russia, we can then make our move and go for 40-50 ef-2000 or rafale which will tilt alot of the balance in our favor.

Kaiser said:
Pakistan is not stupid enough to just go for 24-36 F-16's which in no way would make a difference against india which is inducting Su-30mki in large numbers and is about to choose advanced MRCA.Pakistan will likely go for over 75 with a mix of latest and mlu f-16's.India is about to choose its MRCA, we can take political advantage of this by going for a fighter that looses in the MRCA competition which will likely be the Eurofighter and Rafale.So lets say for the MRCA india chooses mig-29m of russia, we can then make our move and go for 40-50 ef-2000 or rafale which will tilt alot of the balance in our favor.

This is certainly a alot better option as u said above, and from the political point of view i do agree with all this by myself too. Its all easy to say but very hard to do. I haven't got much knowledge, but the amount of knowledge and info i've got i would suggest that Pakistan is not in such condition to buy these advance expensive aircrafts. Economy wise Pakistan is not that strong to match india or any other western nation. 40-50 EF-2000 or Rafale are far from PAF budget, and the amount of $$$ they have got they wanna spend it wisely just to fulfill the defensive criteria rather than offensive. No matter what they say, this is the reality. This is all politics, rightly so whatever they are doing, i would have done the same thing if was at their position.

God bless Pakistan and may Allah help us to make the right choice and choose the right path.:flag:

Kaiser said:
Pakistan is not stupid enough to just go for 24-36 F-16's .

i think they are right now contemplating a plan to procure 24-36 new F-16,while other 30 odd will be second hand F-16s.

Comanche said:
what is india getting ? i heard it just ordered 20 mirages from france. is it true? and what fighter is it going to buy in the mcra deal? i heard the lca is even better thasn the raptor F22.

Whats it with this guy?Havent you heard thos news before?Its posted in this same forum,read it and then come back after cleaning up your sarcasm.

melb4aust said:
This is certainly a alot better option as u said above, and from the political point of view i do agree with all this by myself too. Its all easy to say but very hard to do. I haven't got much knowledge, but the amount of knowledge and info i've got i would suggest that Pakistan is not in such condition to buy these advance expensive aircrafts. Economy wise Pakistan is not that strong to match india or any other western nation. 40-50 EF-2000 or Rafale are far from PAF budget, and the amount of $$$ they have got they wanna spend it wisely just to fulfill the defensive criteria rather than offensive. No matter what they say, this is the reality. This is all politics, rightly so whatever they are doing, i would have done the same thing if was at their position.

God bless Pakistan and may Allah help us to make the right choice and choose the right path.:flag:

Pakistan is likely gonna get the F-16 deal from US paid program as had egypt,israel, and turkey.The Thunder deal is gonna be no more than 3 billion, and 60 J-10 no more that 2 billion which still leaves alot of money for more weapons.So your saying a news source which has claimed the stupidest things is a better source than the Pakistani president himself? How many times does the president have to say that were commited to the F-16 deal for you to understand that we are?

The 40-50 EF-2000 or rafale procurement will likely happen by 2010 when they become cheaper. We could even by them buy 2 years but Pakistan is trying to first concentrate on the F-16,JF-17,EIREYE,j-10,and other weapons first. Modernization takes time!:thumbsup:

Prashant said:
i think they are right now contemplating a plan to procure 24-36 new F-16,while other 30 odd will be second hand F-16s.
Thats what I meant. PAF had asked for 55 new and 20 secondhand F-16's. The number of newones is to be cutdown to 24-36 as mentioned in the Flight International.

Prashant said:
Whats it with this guy?Havent you heard thos news before?Its posted in this same forum,read it and then come back after cleaning up your sarcasm.

sorry but i wuz just aksing a questinon and i heard india orederd 20 new mirages and in cope inda they claimed that the mig-21 bison beat the f-15 but i think it was just low self esteem hindus trying to act big and bad cuz everyone knows a mig 21 cant defate a F-15.also they were claiming that the tejas can beat a raptor f-22 . i dont know if its true or not and if u can tell me i appreshiate.

Comanche said:
sorry but i wuz just aksing a questinon .
;)

Comanche said:
and i heard india orederd 20 new mirages .

That deal didnt go theu.India was plannign to purchase it from qatar and they couldnt ageree on the price.As of new mirage 2005,India cant get any from frane as they have stopped mfring new ones.

Comanche said:
And in cope inda they claimed that the mig-21 bison beat the f-15 but i think it was just low self esteem hindus trying to act big and bad cuz everyone knows a mig 21 cant defate a F-15..

There are many reports in the internet,pls go theu it..

Comanche said:
also they were claiming that the tejas can beat a raptor f-22 . i dont know if its true or not and if u can tell me i appreshiate.

Who claimed so???

Commanche buddy your off your mind! Tejas would beat F-22 Raptor? Are you kidding?

F-22 Raptor is a stealthy fighter which gives it all the advantages. The Raptors avionics is way superior than of the Tejas. Tejas believe it or not, are not even better than our JF-17s. JF-17s avionics is way superior than of the Tejas.

Tejas and JF-17s are way comparable fighters, but if your going to compare Raptor with Tejas than you need to first go out there and read stuff, than come back here, and if you have a solid point. You may go ahead with it, and i would be happy to debate with you if needed.

Zeeshan S. said:
but if your going to compare Raptor with Tejas than you need to first go out there and read stuff, than come back here, and if you have a solid point. You may go ahead with it, and i would be happy to debate with you if needed.

Please read the post carefully. He siad that Indian sources were comparing the F-22 with Tejas, not him.

Comanche said:
sorry but i wuz just aksing a questinon and i heard india orederd 20 new mirages and in cope inda they claimed that the mig-21 bison beat the f-15 but i think it was just low self esteem hindus trying to act big and bad cuz everyone knows a mig 21 cant defate a F-15.also they were claiming that the tejas can beat a raptor f-22 . i dont know if its true or not and if u can tell me i appreshiate.

maybe they were comparing Tejas with F-22 in terms of time spent in making of this project.

can you also please provide the link to "F-22 vs Tejas" story.

Thanx.

A.Rahman said:
Please read the post carefully. He siad that Indian sources were comparing the F-22 with Tejas, not him..

One should nack up their claims with credible data not with some quotes of an idiot in anyother forum.

A.Rahman said:
can you also please provide the link to "F-22 vs Tejas" story.Thanx.

et tu rahman....r u demanding a link? from whom???

From Comanche for this sroty.

Well i think J-10 is a good multi role(fighter Bomber) having a TVC Engine good Radar, we cant get Weaponery with J-10 it is a + point and we can get spare part even in war So i think it is good for PAF:thumbsup:

viper`in`style said:
Well i think J-10 is a good multi role(fighter Bomber) having a TVC Engine good Radar, we cant get Weaponery with J-10 it is a + point and we can get spare part even in war So i think it is good for PAF:thumbsup:

J10 have TVC engine?? can any one provide a link please.
I think we must go for F16 instead of going for F10. F16 have much advance avionics and weapon suite than J10.:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom